GET BENT!!!

Veefer800Canuck

• Member Contributer

Oh yeah, 2 weeks ago it was scorching hot and sunny. Today, it's right at the freezing mark and snowing.

Canadian weather, if you don't like it, wait 5 mins and it'll change!

Reminds me of Scotland :laughing6-hehe:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, being super-busy, working 7 days straight, and having zero motivation was not helping me get this thing back together, and it's already Father's Day! :pissed:

I did an epic all-night thrash to reassemble the bike tonight, doesn't look any different, just all in 1 big piece now. :comp13:

Last and only thing to do is get the shifter welded, which should be Monday or Tuesday, then we'll see if'n it works. :fing02:

Oh, and I need another baggie of fairing clips, a couple of them were buggered so I quit arguing with them for now. Monday also. :owned:

Still waiting on my Thurn center cap for the rear wheel. Was shipped from Das Vaterland on the 11th, and we've got a postal strike on here, whenever it gets to port. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Pouring rain outside, so more garage pics, sorry, you'll have to imagine a historic castle and neat, well-manicured estate in the background. :laughing6-hehe:

Oh, and I don't think I'll need the funky double-prong shifter after all.

Seems I can get by with adjusting the shift lever to suit, and deliberately modifying my technique, using my whole leg instead of mt non-existant ankle to effect shifts.

Won't be setting any 1/4 mile records, nor shifting like the RC212V, but it gets the job done.

gallery_554_564_1034912.jpg

IMG 0159

gallery_554_564_421142.jpg

IMG 0154

gallery_554_564_992708.jpg

IMG 0160

gallery_554_564_1181115.jpg

IMG 0163

• 2 months later...

Looks and sounds great, excellent job on the rebuild.

Not being a fan of mirror extenders myself, have you considered getting a pair of BMW R1100S mirrors? They are a straight swap and a bit wider than stock 3rd-5th gen VFR mirrors.

gallery_5310_4453_36671.jpg

Okay you got me now, will those BMW mirrors really fit on the 5th gens?

I need a mirror thanks to going down Saturday and I'm tired of looking at my elbows and bags.

Okay you got me now, will those BMW mirrors really fit on the 5th gens? I need a mirror thanks to going down Saturday and I'm tired of looking at my elbows and bags.
They are very expensive, even used.

Well, I'm looking at a single mirror at least and some new extenders this time.. So if its not a whole lot more than a couple of Honda mirrors and ugly, chunky extenders then I'd go for it..

I mean I'm seeing mirrors for 83 on ebay.

two of them would only be a couple bucks more per side than oem's mirrors and extenders.

Its right up there with not putting the break the plastic in a tip over dumbo signals back on.

Hey Rob, what did you ever do with the stock gas cap?

Mine has snapped off the trim ring, so, I get to swap my lock set over to another one.

If you still have yours, how much do you want for it.

PM me, before I buy the 2001 on Ebay in delaware for parts.

• 2 months later...

I got some time tonight to strip off the swingarm in preparation for powdercoating.

Gonna take it to work and use the press there to press out the bearings for the swingarm pivot and shock linkage.

It's gonna be satin black, exactly the same as the frame.

Wow, I can't believe I've put over 10,000km on the rebuilt bike thus far.

gallery_554_5200_1019403.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived