GET BENT!!!

Veefer800Canuck

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tires are mounted, working on my "double shift" lever, should have pics of that soon. :fing02:

Ordered one of these tonight:

04-RMA046_gesamt.jpg

Where did you order these plugs from?

and P.S. How are you doing ?

Where did you order these plugs from?

and P.S. How are you doing ?

Thurn Motorsports in Germany. (DON'T MENTION THE WAR!)

Scroll down to the bottom:

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/fahrwerk-rc46_1.html

PM sent Re: the other question

• Member Contributer

(DON'T MENTION THE WAR!)

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Member Contributer

You can't get me...nope...never has been done and never will be...... :biggrin:

Seb, I took a pic of the wheel in the (fading) sunlight, and then went and installed my new Galfer Superbike Wavy rotors.

AFTER getting all the bolts locktited in place and torqued to 14 Ft/lbs, I uploaded the pics, only to find my crappy Kodak had made the pic all funny. :computer-noworky:

It looks the same if I preview it right off the SD card, too. :comp13:

Sometimes the bottom half of the pic is all screwy, sorry, hope it's enough for you to see, at least the top 1/2 of the pic. :pissed:

The OTHER ones turned out OK though, sry.

Don't tell Timmy, but the rotors are clearly marked FOR RACING USE ONLY :pinocchio:

gallery_554_5200_584870.jpg

100 1105

gallery_554_5200_778779.jpg

100 1106

gallery_554_5200_1977976.jpg

100 1107

gallery_554_5200_1252728.jpg

100 1108

I could get another pic tomorrow in the sunlight, but it would have the rotors on, sorry I ain't taking one off, I ran out of locktite after finishing the LAST BOLT. :biggrin:

Thanks Rob, those pics are good enough. I can tell that the metallic is a bit heavier than what I'm looking for. The oem wheels have more silver, and less sparkle, if you know what I mean.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Nice one Elwood. Isn't the address @ Wrigley Field 1060?

Arrgh! Now that I get to putting the front wheel back on the bike, I see that the RH fork seal is leaking (ever so slightly, but it ain't going to heal itself magically).

Didn't see it ALL WINTER LONG as the bike was parked with the RH side facing towards the garage wall, tucked into a corner!

And I didn't notice any leaks at all at the end of last season.

Dammit, that's what you get for being a nice guy and saying YES to doing everything for everyone else all winter long, and procrastinating working on the bike because I only have these three, four, five, six, ten things to do. :pissed:

Well, MAYBE I'll be ready for Nelson, at this rate, maybe not. :lobby:

• 3 weeks later...

Due to numerous other commitments, lack of motivation, late discovery of leaking fork seal, and various other lame excuses, I am FINALLY getting the bike back together. :comp13:

Well, except for one more lame excuse: I have no more locktite :pissed: , and so could not assemble the front end beyond just loosely. Grrrr. And of course, nowhere to get some after midnight.

Got my lovely black steel lug nuts, which you can't see, because, well, they're black.

Should be better in the sunlight, and even betterer when I get my THURN VFR logo center cap (black with silver VFR logo), which is currently en route from Deutschland, for way, way too many Euros.

gallery_554_5200_1658956.jpg

IMG 0037

Who likes Carbon Fibre? I DO I DO!!!

gallery_554_5200_1658942.jpg

IMG 0038

gallery_554_5200_1518979.jpg

IMG 0036

And finally, my attempt at making a "double pronged" shifter to work with my (non) ankle. I just need to finalize the position, remove the rubbers, clamp it together and have it welded solidly, then paint same.

I hope it works well enough that I don't need the electric shifter, because I would rather shift myself, if at all possible.

gallery_554_5200_169760.jpg

IMG 0040

gallery_554_5200_1688266.jpg

IMG 0041

Winter of 2011 the plan is to remove and powdercoat the swingarm to match the frame, and get some smoke black braided steel lines for all the hydraulic plumbing, front, rear, and clutch. :fing02:

Then, I think I'm done. Maybe. :comp13::biggrin:

Oh, and probably a set of new PR3's. :beer:

The double prong looks interesting. Lemme know if you run into any trouble getting it welded, I could handle that for you if needed.

Thanks, there is a shop local to me that does specialty welding, and they also manufacture custom aluminum truck toolboxes and such for industry.

I'll warn them that it's cast, and not pure aluminum, and be sure they weld it all the way around for max strength.

• Member Contributer

And finally, my attempt at making a "double pronged" shifter to work with my (non) ankle. I just need to finalize the position, remove the rubbers, clamp it together and have it welded solidly, then paint same.

I hope it works well enough that I don't need the electric shifter, because I would rather shift myself, if at all possible.

gallery_554_5200_1688266.jpg

IMG 0041

Nice work. Looking good on the bike, hope winter is almost done there and you can ride soon? We're still stuck in February down here in Cali, snowing in the mountains. :pissed:

Oh yeah, 2 weeks ago it was scorching hot and sunny. Today, it's right at the freezing mark and snowing.

Canadian weather, if you don't like it, wait 5 mins and it'll change!

Archived