Prototype 6gen tail

FotoMoto

• Member Contributer

Putting the ol' RCBVFR back together after my highside, I.....ahem.... have some "spare" plastic and came up with this idea. It's just slapped together with clear tape with a RC51 tail light stuck on it. It would, of course, need more work to cover up the remaining bits that the huge stock assembly covered.

KG9K6468.jpg

KG9K6469.jpg

KG9K6471.jpg

KG9K6475.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hey - thats not bad. Clean looking. I've never been a fan of the 6th gen tailight, for that matter the 5th gen too. Would you stick turn signals off the licence plate then?

Md

• Member Contributer

After you schooled me on the taillight I gained a new appreciation for it.

I think you are on the right track. Not there yet, but I'm sure you can make it work! :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Looking good! And the upside-down Honda decal should stay as an homage to you getting your baby upside-down!

• Member Contributer

Hey - thats not bad. Clean looking. I've never been a fan of the 6th gen tailight, for that matter the 5th gen too. Would you stick turn signals off the licence plate then?

Md

You could get one o' them fancy led integrated signal jobbies from the ebay. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

That inverted skin looks good, but that tail light looks like a fugly Ugo part! :rolleyes:

Maybe something like a F4i taillight might contour better with that set-up.

Funny you should mention that as the F4i unit was what I started with. I think it looks great from the side

KG9K6480.jpg

but not so much from the rear.

KG9K6476.jpg

Maybe some masking for better contours. Hmm, maybe a winter-fartin'-round project. We'll see.

That inverted skin looks good, but that tail light looks like a fugly Ugo part! :rolleyes:

Maybe something like a F4i taillight might contour better with that set-up.

Funny you should mention that as the F4i unit was what I started with. I think it looks great from the side

KG9K6480.jpg

but not so much from the rear.

KG9K6476.jpg

Maybe some masking for better contours. Hmm, maybe a winter-fartin'-round project. We'll see.

Your right, it looks great from a side profile! Just don't care for the box rear view. :blush:

Guest vfrrider

Hey Fotomoto,

One of the guys over at speedzilla took an aftermarket RC51 tail and put some leds along the rt, lf and rear edges for lights. Real stealth like and cool, pretty bright due to led's.

Just an idea.

Larry

VFRrider

• Member Contributer

LED light strip came to my mind. Oddly enough I was chopping this shot as Larry made the post above about using LED's.

DougTail.jpg

Ahh crap that's shit hot. I may have to do it now!!! :rolleyes:

Can I get the illegal plate too? :blush:

LED light strip came to my mind. Oddly enough I was chopping this shot as Larry made the post above about using LED's.

DougTail.jpg

Ahh crap that's shit hot. I may have to do it now!!! :rolleyes:

Can I get the illegal plate too? :blink:

Now that would look even cooler if you sandwiched the LEDs between the two tail pieces! Check out Radiantz flexible LED lighting, you can order custom strip sizes with amber & red! :blush:

Oh, and just in case this is spurred on by the cost of a new VTEC light being prohibitive, I have a pre-06 VTEC light you can have for shipping cost.

Also, the F4i light wouldn't look as bad if you painted the 'box' surround satin black, to blend into the plastics behind it. Or better yet, drop a mudflap down from the tail and add the F4i light in from behind it! Then attach your plate at the bottom!

DougTail.jpg

I dig the lights, I hate the RC51 tail lights...they look.....1985?

Archived