2010 Summer Pnw/canada Meet

choco

Well it is looking like I will be there. I have been starting to get work booked for march to july so fingers crossed.

Well it is doubtful I am going to make this years ride. Work has been a little slower to rebound then I had hoped.

I also have a very sick little girl and we are getting very concerned with what is wrong. She is one of my twins but at the moment is 30lbs lighter then her sister and conplains that she hurts when she eats. She has gone through a ton of tests given most of her blood and yet we still have no idea what is wrong.

So family and work are going be coming first as they should be this year guys have fun and a big maybe if things get better i will see you guys.

Dean

Snakeman

Dean, sending hopes and positive thoughts for your daughter so you guys can find out what the heck is wrong and get her all fixed up. A sick kid is a sad thing.

I'd hate to think it's related to the animals, but did you explore that avenue yet? Allergies, perhaps a bite????

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well it is looking like I will be there. I have been starting to get work booked for march to july so fingers crossed.

Well it is doubtful I am going to make this years ride. Work has been a little slower to rebound then I had hoped.

I also have a very sick little girl and we are getting very concerned with what is wrong. She is one of my twins but at the moment is 30lbs lighter then her sister and conplains that she hurts when she eats. She has gone through a ton of tests given most of her blood and yet we still have no idea what is wrong.

So family and work are going be coming first as they should be this year guys have fun and a big maybe if things get better i will see you guys.

Dean

Snakeman

Snakeman,

Aaaaaahrg! Sorry to hear about your little girl. Best of luck and positive vibes sent from here as well. :beatdeadhorse:

Christian

Dean

Snakeman

Dean, sending hopes and positive thoughts for your daughter so you guys can find out what the heck is wrong and get her all fixed up. A sick kid is a sad thing.

I'd hate to think it's related to the animals, but did you explore that avenue yet? Allergies, perhaps a bite????

Rob,

The first thing we checked was to see if she may have had bout of Salmonella, and all clear as far as allergies with reptiles you don't have many worries that way other then there food or substrate and again all is good on that front.

I just feel so helpless and then when I have to leave for work it pains me to be away from her.

Thanks for the thoughts

Wow, that's very unfortunate for you and your family.

Best wishes to you all. There'll be other chances to get together for a ride.

mike

Dean

Snakeman

Rob,

The first thing we checked was to see if she may have had bout of Salmonella, and all clear as far as allergies with reptiles you don't have many worries that way other then there food or substrate and again all is good on that front.

I just feel so helpless and then when I have to leave for work it pains me to be away from her.

Thanks for the thoughts

• Member Contributer

Think I finally got the route for the way down, including Going To The Sun through Glacier National Park and Lolo Pass out of Missoula:

Full Size

And the way back:

Full Size

Leaving from Calgary area (Bragg Creek) on the 12th, arriving in Portland on the evening of the 15th, staying until the morning of the 19th before heading back.

:laughing6-hehe:

Think I finally got the route for the way down, including Going To The Sun through Glacier National Park and Lolo Pass out of Missoula:

:cheerleader:

An alternative route to consider: When leaving Lewiston/Clarkston ID/WA, instead of taking Hwy 12 to Walla Walla, try Hwy 129 south to Enterprise, OR. This takes you down/up the Rattlesnake Grade, highly recommended.

vfrdratl1a.jpg

vfrdratl2a.jpg

vfrdratl3a.jpg

The ends of this road are really fun. Did it last year on the way home from Oregon.

The last little bit of downhill going to Lewiston is awesome - some tighties!

:cheerleader:

An alternative route to consider: When leaving Lewiston/Clarkston ID/WA, instead of taking Hwy 12 to Walla Walla, try Hwy 129 south to Enterprise, OR. This takes you down/up the Rattlesnake Grade, highly recommended.

vfrdratl1a.jpg

vfrdratl2a.jpg

vfrdratl3a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The only bummer about doing this event this August ... is that I don't get to do any fun roads getting here! (lol)

Shoot, guess I'll need to do a trip in July to go scratch that "far away" itch.

Cheers! E-Ticket

Take the long way.. meet the Canadian-Contingent in Missoula :musik20:

The only bummer about doing this event this August ... is that I don't get to do any fun roads getting here! (lol)

Shoot, guess I'll need to do a trip in July to go scratch that "far away" itch.

Cheers! E-Ticket

Take the long way.. meet the Canadian-Contingent in Missoula :fing02:

Hmmmm.... :idea3:

• 1 month later...
  • Forum CEO

I put a teaser link up on the homepage but reused the old oregon ride icon, if there is an "official" ride icon for this let me know and I will put it up on the server. I hope I can do this one! PNW or bust ride!

I put a teaser link up on the homepage but reused the old oregon ride icon, if there is an "official" ride icon for this let me know and I will put it up on the server. I hope I can do this one! PNW or bust ride!

Keithbob and I are collaborating on the icon and shirt, stay tuned. Do try to make it, great place to stay and wonderful roads all through Oregon and Washington.

• Member Contributer

This event sounds awsome. I live an hour away from Edgefeild and would like to attend some rides, can't book a room, but would love to join for the day.

• Member Contributer

I'm new to VFRD and in the Portland area too. I'm hoping to join for the rides/events, though since I'm working on a new job I'm not sure I can get much or any time off then - so probably cannot commit to booking a room. I've been to Edgefield many times for brews/burgers/movies - I don't think you could have made a better choice. fing02.gif I don't know anyone here, so I'm looking forward to putting faces with names. This seems like a really great (not to mention unique with no ads) site with a lot of nice people. Maybe while I'm there someone can help me understand why my profile photo doesn't show up on my posts. unsure.gif

I've done many of the rides I saw listed in the ride planning thread, so can help out there if anyone is unsure about routes, local traffic, don't miss/don't bother places, etc.

You may have seen other comments on this - the Portland area set a record in April for the most rainy days (25) and have already set a record for the most rainfall in June just 1/2 way through, so keep your fingers crossed that this pattern breaks and we get dry weather. I don't have rain gear, but better check some out.

• Member Contributer

I just made my Res @ McMenamins.

I have all week off and may hook up with Choco and crew during the week and the trip south.

I don't have any rides planned, but may just hook up with a group and go.

• Member Contributer

I have my reservations now and hope to meet everyone again .

I just made my Res @ McMenamins.

I have all week off and may hook up with Choco and crew during the week and the trip south.

I don't have any rides planned, but may just hook up with a group and go.

\yes, join us for the ride down. I'm in Maui till Wednesday, Hope we get a good turnout. The place and the riding will be awesome!

• Member Contributer

Keithbob and I are collaborating on the icon and shirt, stay tuned. Do try to make it, great place to stay and wonderful roads all through Oregon and Washington.

Yours truly has been slacking big-time on this! Mea culpa. I'm back on it now and will get an icon out to HS as soon as it's done. I may draft Didit on this after I get the images to use. I have to admit it was the Chief Joseph BMW rally this past weekend that got me sparked up again.

I'm also back to work on the shirt, hoping to do what I did in '06 (with Rogue) and use an Edgefield classic shirt with block lettering of our meet on the back. Just need to get final permission from Edgefield and a price.

Stand by for news.

Yo Keithbob and Choco,

Yes, I am still gainfully unemployed ... <insert big sigh here> ... and dirt bike racin' season is over. At least the ones that I had scheduled.

(Here's my last hoo-haa: )

http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

So I now am having more time and mental capacity to think about the August PNW.

Please include me in your meetin's and things and I'll help out where I can.

My wife Susan's broken arm is all healed and she is back riding street and dirt bikes - so she will be joining us this year on her '04 Honda 600 F4i.

We'll be staying at her mom's place ... about 15 min. from Edgefield. Unless we win Powerball ... then we'll be staying at the Edgefield. <grin>

Cheers! E-Ticket

Yo Keithbob and Choco,

Yes, I am still gainfully unemployed ... <insert big sigh here> ... and dirt bike racin' season is over. At least the ones that I had scheduled.

http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8714&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My wife Susan's broken arm is all healed and she is back riding street and dirt bikes - so she will be joining us this year on her '04 Honda 600 F4i.

We'll be staying at her mom's place ... about 15 min. from Edgefield. Unless we win Powerball ... then we'll be staying at the Edgefield. <grin>

Cheers! E-Ticket

I think the Edgefield rooms are only $65 per night for the European style rooms. Cheap! Keithbob is handling the logo and shirts, you may want to PM him and see if he needs some help. Thanks for the offer. I still remember the look on your face when we trained by you in Wyoming. Studying maps that was hilarious when we all finally figured out what was happening. Amazing how we hooked up.

Yo Keithbob and Choco,

Cheers! E-Ticket

I think the Edgefield rooms are only $65 per night for the European style rooms. Cheap! Keithbob is handling the logo and shirts, you may want to PM him and see if he needs some help. Thanks for the offer. I still remember the look on your face when we trained by you in Wyoming. Studying maps that was hilarious when we all finally figured out what was happening. Amazing how we hooked up.

True dat! I still break out in a big smile when thinking back on last summer. :^)

- ET

Last months issue of Motorcyclist has an article about Sports Bike Northwest, the annual sport bike, sport tourer, dual purpose rally in Stevenson, WA just across the river from Troutdale. The article is called No Sweat by Jack Lewis and covers the rally, the roads, some restaurants and things in the same area as the upcomming PNW meet. Thought you might like to know Starts on page 87. It's the issue with the BMW sportbike and all the European sportbikes in a comparison. It says Class of 2010 on the cover. Don't get confused with this months issue which is out now.

Last months issue of Motorcyclist has an article about Sports Bike Northwest, the annual sport bike, sport tourer, dual purpose rally in Stevenson, WA just across the river from Troutdale. The article is called No Sweat by Jack Lewis and covers the rally, the roads, some restaurants and things in the same area as the upcomming PNW meet. Thought you might like to know Starts on page 87. It's the issue with the BMW sportbike and all the European sportbikes in a comparison. It says Class of 2010 on the cover. Don't get confused with this months issue which is out now.

New member looking forward to meeting everyone.

Just made my reservations online at McMenamins/Edgefield for 3 nights twin bed $50 a night $170 total. When I called they gave me a run a round about only queen bed rooms left and over $300 for 3 nights. What gives?

Anyway I live in Santa Cruz Ca and will be riding up the coast road HWY 1 as far as I can. if anyone wants to tag along get a hold of me at kevwar@dslextreme.com

Kevin W.

Anyway I live in Santa Cruz Ca and will be riding up the coast road HWY 1 as far as I can. if anyone wants to tag along get a hold of me at kevwar@dslextreme.com

Kevin W.

Good to have you kevwar. You might try to contact Keithbob as he lives in Newport, Ore and I think some of the Canadian riders led by Didit will be circling around to his place before coming to the meet.

Keep posting and keep watching for their posts. I think you can find a map of Didits route hereabouts.

Sorry, but can someone tell me what State or Country this event is in? :mellow:

Skimming the first page of posts all I can come up with is "Troutdale" ! Is that a City or provence?

Have a wild hair and was looking into this event a little. :fing02:

BR

Archived