2010 Summer Pnw/canada Meet

choco

• Member Contributer

No word from the screening company yet, so no final on shirt cost (or if they'll be getting done!!). Expect around the $15-16 dollar mark? Once I know I'll post.

Prefer cash, as I'm travelling and may have difficulty cashing a check. I'm sure the bar will have change for those bringing non traditional bills.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No word from the screening company yet, so no final on shirt cost (or if they'll be getting done!!). Expect around the $15-16 dollar mark? Once I know I'll post.

Prefer cash, as I'm travelling and may have difficulty cashing a check. I'm sure the bar will have change for those bringing non traditional bills.

Will do. You want USD, Loonies, or SA Krugerrands?

So are we going to find you studying maps on the side of the road this year or will you be able to find Edgefield? :fing02:

So are we going to find you studying maps on the side of the road this year or will you be able to find Edgefield? :fing02:

Edgefield ....? Where's that? :blink:

Oooh... I know! Let me check my map! :wub:

That still makes me laugh when I think about it.

"Let's see, now where the heck are we.... "Hey, that sounds like a Viffer! No, two ... no ... wha-a-t...? Oh, this is way too cool!" (insert big grin here) :happy:

Cheers! E-Ticket

Weather is looking fantastic for the weekend and week ahead.

Let's ride! :ohmy:

http://www.accuweather.com/us/or/troutdale/97060/forecast-details.asp?fday=3

Yup... guaranteed to be sunny .... but it will also be quite warm.

Bring your vented gear - and some layers for cool, mountain mornings.

Wishing everyone fast, smooth sailing with no drama or teekeets...

See you all on Tuesday, eh! E-Ticket

• Member Contributer

Off work tomorrow - will anyone still be there (Friday)? I'm at least going for a ride somewhere and have some fun while I sulk.

If not, se la vie - everyone ride safe on the way out and homeward. Jalene and I will look for you in 2012 or on our rides if we pass through your area. We are talking about a trans-Canada next summer.

keithbob and Mrs. keithbob

Great job organizers of the meet! I've had a great time again this year.

This was an absolutely terrific location for everyone to come and hangout.

Nelson, BC again next year. I'll start posting details for next year's event when I get back.

Safe travels everyone.

It was great to meet other VFR owners and E-Ticket led us on a fantastic loop. Thanks to everybody who helped organize this event! Hope to join you again sometime.

SkyAmI and PamIAm

• Member Contributer

It was great to meet other VFR owners and E-Ticket led us on a fantastic loop. Thanks to everybody who helped organize this event! Hope to join you again sometime.

SkyAmI and PamIAm

WHat a fun day. I enjoyed leading our group for the first half of the day. Cant wait until next year :computer-noworky:

• Member Contributer

SkyAmI and PamIAm

WHat a fun day. I enjoyed leading our group for the first half of the day. Cant wait until next year :computer-noworky:

Thanks for a great job leading the group up roads we would have never found otherwise. What a view! Has anyone noticed the reports of the fires around Maupin and Hwy 216? We got through just in time!

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2010/08/winds_fan_series_of_fires_burning_near_maupin_in_north-central_oregon.html

Should be a great time in Nelson next year.

SkyAmI and PamIAm

It was my pleasure, Sky! :computer-noworky:

Here's my ride report:

Cheers! E-Ticket

Home safe great ride up to Paradise with Superfunky, Mike, Armand, Sparrow, Scott, Muddawg. Amazing scenery. A little weary will post more tomorrow. Thanks for the good times everyone.

• Member Contributer

George, good to see you again - and it was a pleasure sweeping for your group on Wednesday. It must have looked like a group of VFR's being chased by a KLR! It was great to see the usual suspects and meet some new folks - but we all missed Mr and Mrs Keithbob there - we will hopefully see them next year at Nelson.

Funny story: On Wednesday morning I gassed up at the gas station across from the Best Western. The guy at the station apologized for making me wait - said he was gassing up a lot of Hondas all at once and he was run off his feet. I told him I was with that group. He looked at my KLR and before he said anything, I said I used to own a Honda VFR. He took a long, long look at the KLR as I was gassing it up and asked me if I was going to get another Honda!

For someone into photography, I took very few photos - I think we passed the photog duties to Tammy this year.

Here is about all I have - none too great but I'll post them here anyway:

Bjorn's KLR was welcomed to the VFR meet in style - well done gents!

VFR2010006.jpg

VFR2010005.jpg

Obligatory Mt Hood shot

VFR2010009.jpg

Jeff confusing the heck out of Lee

VFR2010014-1.jpg

A bunch of VFR's in the dirt pretending to be dual-sports

VFR2010016.jpg

Derek (Axel_7) has very bright headlights - as we all found out if he was following. Here on the Rowena Curves

VFR2010037.jpg

Derek dismounting his steed at the top of the Curves

VFR2010044.jpg

Paul (Tyke) heading down the Curves for another run

VFR2010025.jpg

There were bikes coming and going...

VFR2010042.jpg

I hope everyone gets home safely and let's do it again next year in Nelson. Thanks to Lee, Tony and everyone else who help organize the event this year... a job very well done :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I too had a wonderful time and will have more pics to follow.

But for now here are a couple of images that are pretty timeless.

First, in the parking lot of the best western, just after walking home from Edgefield.

gallery_6587_5542_228501.jpg

vfr twilight 2.jpg

Here, we posed and primed the last of our crew heading home. Last night before splitting up in Coeur d'Alene.

gallery_6587_5542_194889.jpg

VFR twilght 1.jpg

Drive home safe radar, you've got some valuable cargo there. Until next time.

• Member Contributer

That's me in Thumper 8's pic going down the curves while Derek's going up . . . just as I was getting it totally FUBAR'd . . . thinking "what the?*?*? that was a tangerine orange VFR - but - no passenger? . . . where's his wife? :fing02: That's amazing that there's another orange VFR in The Dalles - what are the odds? I wonder how I lost the group . . . " More than anything I was puzzled at how I had gotten it so F'd up. It all worked out though - ended up finding everyone later. :computer-noworky:

I just wanted to say that as a newbie, I really enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone - thank you all. I wish I'd found this site sooner. I was very impressed that so many came from so far to ride. Thanks also to the event organizers and the leaders of the rides. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers.

That's me in Thumper 8's pic going down the curves while Derek's going up . . . just as I was getting it totally FUBAR'd . . . thinking "what the?*?*? that was a tangerine orange VFR - but - no passenger? . . . where's his wife? :beer: That's amazing that there's another orange VFR in The Dalles - what are the odds? I wonder how I lost the group . . . " More than anything I was puzzled at how I had gotten it so F'd up. It all worked out though - ended up finding everyone later. :idea3:

I just wanted to say that as a newbie, I really enjoyed meeting and riding with everyone - thank you all. I wish I'd found this site sooner. I was very impressed that so many came from so far to ride. Thanks also to the event organizers and the leaders of the rides. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers.

You're one of us now, Curry, er, Cogswell. Make plans for Nelson. Thanks for sharing your local knowledge and you have a great attitude about life. This site is amazing how it brings people together and cements long lasting friendships. I've only been coming for three years now but will try to make as many gatherings as possible. I know it's early to start planning, but plan on staying at my place on the way up to Nelson next year and I'll show you a nice ride up there.

I hope you stay active on this site.

SkyAmI and PamIAm

WHat a fun day. I enjoyed leading our group for the first half of the day. Cant wait until next year :idea3:

Thanks for leading, sorry you felt bad and had to split. Rhyno took over and showed us some more good riding, after he refueled, that is! :beer:

• Member Contributer

As one of the "FNGs" I wanted to say it was an Awesome event and I had a great time.

Thanks to all those that made it possible and Choco for organizing and letting me tag along on the way down and back.

That's me in Thumper 8's pic going down the curves while Derek's going up . . . just as I was getting it totally FUBAR'd . . . thinking "what the?*?*? that was a tangerine orange VFR - but - no passenger? . . . where's his wife? :blink: That's amazing that there's another orange VFR in The Dalles - what are the odds? I wonder how I lost the group . . . " More than anything I was puzzled at how I had gotten it so F'd up. It all worked out though - ended up finding everyone later. :idea3:

You're one of us now, Curry, er, Cogswell. Make plans for Nelson. Thanks for sharing your local knowledge and you have a great attitude about life. This site is amazing how it brings people together and cements long lasting friendships. I've only been coming for three years now but will try to make as many gatherings as possible. I know it's early to start planning, but plan on staying at my place on the way up to Nelson next year and I'll show you a nice ride up there.

I hope you stay active on this site.

Hey Choco, you can count on me and Susan riding up with you to Nelson next year. Looking forward to "your" roads. :beer:

Cheers! E-Ticket

I too had a wonderful time and will have more pics to follow.

But for now here are a couple of images that are pretty timeless.

First, in the parking lot of the best western, just after walking home from Edgefield.

vfr twilight 2.jpg

Here, we posed and primed the last of our crew heading home. Last night before splitting up in Coeur d'Alene.

VFR twilght 1.jpg

Drive home safe radar, you've got some valuable cargo there. Until next time.

I love night shots ... and those are some cool ones, Tony. Thanks! - rb

Superfunkamatic and Armand left us here and went to Yakima via this route. Wasn't sure where I was, but the lower map is where we were trying to direct you guys to Cliffdell and Whistling Jacks.

71 Miles

Full Size

80 Miles

Full Size

Hope you guys had a good ride, suspect you missed Whistling Jacks, next time!

Had fun riding and yakking with both of you. Ride safe today.

• Member Contributer

I thought we were where 123 met 410. We went NW they went East. I think we sent them on the right road. :ohmy:

Archived