BR

• Member Contributer

Troutdale, Oregon just outside Portland in the good 'ole U S of A.... :mellow:

Thank you sir!

I'm sure I would have found it somewhere in teh thread, but I'm lazy! :sleep:

That helps, now I can look at flights, bikes, etc. :fing02:

Not that i can make it, but I can sure look at it! :goofy:

BR

That's a shame, it would have been great to see you again at this years meet. We'd just have to make sure Miguel brings a spare key for his bike with him this time though. :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Troutdale, Oregon just outside Portland in the good 'ole U S of A.... :fing02:

Thank you sir!

I'm sure I would have found it somewhere in teh thread, but I'm lazy! :goofy:

That helps, now I can look at flights, bikes, etc. :owned:

Not that i can make it, but I can sure look at it! :beer:

BR

That's a shame, it would have been great to see you again at this years meet. We'd just have to make sure Miguel brings a spare key for his bike with him this time though. :491:

lets hope Miguel got a few spares for that new 1200,with that tiny gas tank on those new machines i don't think BR would of finished that ride last yr on the new beast.

hope to see ya there Kevin

lets hope Miguel got a few spares for that new 1200,with that tiny gas tank on those new machines i don't think BR would of finished that ride last yr on the new beast.

:goofy: So true! It would be great to ride(a little further) with you again! :fing02:

BR

I put a teaser link up on the homepage but reused the old oregon ride icon, if there is an "official" ride icon for this let me know and I will put it up on the server. I hope I can do this one! PNW or bust ride!

Keithbob and I are collaborating on the icon and shirt, stay tuned. Do try to make it, great place to stay and wonderful roads all through Oregon and Washington.

Yours truly has been slacking big-time on this! Mea culpa. I'm back on it now and will get an icon out to HS as soon as it's done. I may draft Didit on this after I get the images to use. I have to admit it was the Chief Joseph BMW rally this past weekend that got me sparked up again.

I'm also back to work on the shirt, hoping to do what I did in '06 (with Rogue) and use an Edgefield classic shirt with block lettering of our meet on the back. Just need to get final permission from Edgefield and a price.

Stand by for news.

Hey Keith, you there? Hows the shirt and logos coming. Maybe we can just get some McMenamins shirts, they're really cool, and get them silkscreened with the VFR logo and some choice words.

:fing02: So true! It would be great to ride(a little further) with you again! :cheerleader:

BR

Yes, especially with no key and not being able to turn it off!

Hope you can make it BaileyRock. You will enjoy the riding and the Hotel. Maybe you can fly into Portland and rent a bike?

Just wanted to repost Cogswell's comments about the meeting place. He lives nearby so his opinion carries a lot of weight:

I'm new to VFRD and in the Portland area too. I'm hoping to join for the rides/events, though since I'm working on a new job I'm not sure I can get much or any time off then - so probably cannot commit to booking a room.

I've been to Edgefield many times for brews/burgers/movies - I don't think you could have made a better choice. fing02.gif I don't know anyone here, so I'm looking forward to putting faces with names. This seems like a really great (not to mention unique with no ads) site with a lot of nice people.

I've done many of the rides I saw listed in the ride planning thread, so can help out there if anyone is unsure about routes, local traffic, don't miss/don't bother places, etc.

And Cogswell, we're looking to get route leaders and sweepers so if you have a particular route in mind and don't mind leading or sweeping, then please post map and route. Your offer to help is appreciated.

Lee

Pacific Northwest and Canada event is scheduled for August 17-19 2010.

Place: Edgefield Brewpub/Hotel in Troutdale, Oregon, about 20 miles east of Portland.

Tentative schedule:

Sunday, August 15, evening, for Canadians and others in the area, meet at my house in Duvall if you don't mind tenting in the backyard. Big fire pit and BBQ at your disposal. I will start tenderizing the meat: :fing02:

Monday August 16, ditto, rides around my valley, Boeing plant, brew pubs, etc. You can use my place as a base to explore the region as you like.

Tuesday August 17, heading down to Edgefield/Troutdale/Columbia River Gorge via Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens.

Wednesday: August 18, group rides, to be determined later.

Thursday: August 19, ditto

Friday, August 20, go home!

We've had several VFRD members who live in the area and are familiar with the roads and possible routes. I would like to see some people come forth and volunteer to lead rides and sweep. Please indicate the route you like the best by inserting a map with the route. Thank you all for helping!

Updated and cleaned up. The cat is off the map!

Right On,

Buy that Man a :beer: Most Excellent! I will buy you the first couple, Since I missed the Kootenay... & the Summit. I couldn't show my avatar here if I missed another meet close to home. Thanks for planning the next pnw meet!

Looking forward to adding another tag to my signature

Gary

Just re-read your post. Now I'm getting thirsty for those "first couple" of beers. :beer: :beer:

Hope you can make it.

MMMMM BEER SEASON IS HERE IN THE NORTHWEST

Hey Derek or Tammy, let me edit your post for you. There was a slight grammatical error. I believe you meant to say: MMMMM IT'S ALWAYS BEER SEASON HERE IN THE NORTHWEST :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Only 35 days!!! That's exactly 5 weeks from today!!! Check out the signature :laughing6-hehe:

As soon as MODs can get it into the icon section, you too can be proud to say, "I'll be there".

Nice work on the icon/logo, Tony.

How come it's bigger than the other ones from previous years?

Only 35 days!!! That's exactly 5 weeks from today!!! Check out the signature :laughing6-hehe:

As soon as MODs can get it into the icon section, you too can be proud to say, "I'll be there".

Place: Edgefield Brewpub/Hotel in Troutdale, Oregon, about 20 miles east of Portland.

Tentative schedule:

Sunday, August 15, evening, for Canadians and others in the area, meet at my house in Duvall if you don't mind tenting in the backyard. Big fire pit and BBQ at your disposal. I will start tenderizing the meat: :beatdeadhorse:

Monday August 16, ditto, rides around my valley, Boeing plant, brew pubs, etc. You can use my place as a base to explore the region as you like.

Tuesday August 17, heading down to Edgefield/Troutdale/Columbia River Gorge via Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens.

We've had several VFRD members who live in the area and are familiar with the roads and possible routes. I would like to see some people come forth and volunteer to lead rides and sweep. Please indicate the route you like the best by inserting a map with the route. Thank you all for helping!

I have discovered this event very late, but I'm very excited to have done so since I'll be on vacation that week and was already planning to go on a bike trip! I live in Mill Creek, not far from Duvall. Can anyone tell me if any McMenamins rooms or Best Western rooms are still available? Would so love to make this part of my trip and ride down with the Duvall group on the 17th! :bliss:

Tentative schedule:

Sunday, August 15, evening, for Canadians and others in the area, meet at my house in Duvall if you don't mind tenting in the backyard. Big fire pit and BBQ at your disposal. I will start tenderizing the meat: :beatdeadhorse:

I have discovered this event very late, but I'm very excited to have done so since I'll be on vacation that week and was already planning to go on a bike trip! I live in Mill Creek, not far from Duvall. Can anyone tell me if any McMenamins rooms or Best Western rooms are still available? Would so love to make this part of my trip and ride down with the Duvall group on the 17th! :bliss:

Glad to have you. Go to first or second post that says "book rooms now" there are links to both hotels. Definately choose McMenamins if you have a choice.

• Member Contributer

This is a temp. HS has the image and it will be available as a standard soon. You know me, always premature!! :beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

This is a temp. HS has the image and it will be available as a standard soon. You know me, always premature!! :beatdeadhorse:

I feel that because this is literally 5 minutes away I can steal the sticky too :bliss:

• Forum CEO

pnw2010.png

resized it to match all the other ride icons as the original was too big (64 x 64 is the correct size) and changed the vfrd letters to black so it blended in better. Use this bb code to add to your signature.

[img=http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/pnw2010.png]

• Member Contributer

My wife and I plan to attend Wednesday or Thursday, depending on group ride info.

Tee Shirt Order

One size S

One size XL

pnw2010.png

resized it to match all the other ride icons as the original was too big (64 x 64 is the correct size) and changed the vfrd letters to black so it blended in better. Use this bb code to add to your signature.

[img=http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/pnw2010.png]

Thanks, HS, it's all coming together.

• Member Contributer

I haven't been around here too much lately - absolutely swamped with work - but there will be at least one KLR attending... there goes he neighbourhood!

Should be booking the hotel in the next day or two.

See you all there.

i would love to go w/ you guys but my rear end hasn't liked me lately :angry: but ill see where im at beginning of august

Edit: just checked google maps and 1,600 miles one way for me :blush: that'll be a longest ride that i would be doing

• Member Contributer

We did 3900 miles 2 up last year to the Summer Summit... You can do it.. Just spread it over 3 days to get there...

• Member Contributer

SPONSORSHIP CONFIRMED!!!

Larry H. Miller Honda - St. Johns has stepped up big time to sponsor this event. Not only have they made an offer for all attending members on a decent tire deal, they will be kicking in towards some great door prizes

and a very generous donation towards the meet T-Shirts. This will really help offset the screen charge. Shirt price will stay at $13 ea. with any adjustments to be made by Lee.

Place your orders on the Shirt Thread and bring your US green backs to the meet.

As I posted before, I'll be visiting the dealership on Tuesday AM to have my new tires installed. They are going to try to either come out for the day ride, or pay a visit at the end.

The sales manager, Ty has voiced his interest in ongoing support to the VFRD and it's members, providing a reputable local dealer for the PNW members and those traveling through.

Though not as big or 'buying' powerful as some internet dealers, they are willing to step up with personable service, meet & ride support and a real business to put your confidence in.

If you are on the fence about this meet, I'd HIGHLY recommend you attend. It was 4 years ago I took the leap and attended my first in Newport. I've got life long friends from it (though a few are strange :angry:) and a great

sence of security knowing that there are friendly voices and faces in so many cities across the Pacific North West that I can turn to for help, call up to visit or sit and LMAO with. You can't buy that kind of road side coverage.

Woot Woot!

Archived