2010 Summer Pnw/canada Meet

choco

• Member Contributer
I'm still in even without a rub & tug

Crash at my place and I'll bbq a steak for us, then we'll ride down, eh?

sounds like a great plan Lee...

steak and IPA to wash it down, sounds good for sure, eh :biggrin:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am not booking a room as of yet but I am going to try and make this. This year coming work is going to take priority unless things pick up. I took a big hit after my accident in the summer. So I am a 65% going to make it.

I know you've already got a bunch of offers for this, but if you need any help route-planning I'm happy to help. Being that I live in the area I probably won't stay at the hotel, but I'm interested in hooking up for a ride or two.

hardy har!

August 17-19th. Great. I'll keep those dates open.

You may want to edit the first post for others that may be interested.

Hey Lee, have you picked dates yet?
I'm still in even without a rub & tug

Crash at my place and I'll bbq a steak for us, then we'll ride down, eh?

No, dates don't grow around here. Picked some apples, picked some plums and cherries a time or two, but not dates. :beer:

Oh, you mean those kinds of dates. Yes, it's in the post above somewhere, Aug 17-19.

I know you've already got a bunch of offers for this, but if you need any help route-planning I'm happy to help. Being that I live in the area I probably won't stay at the hotel, but I'm interested in hooking up for a ride or two.

For sure, we've got several people who know the roads in the area and I have the Columbia River Gorge sport touring route book to refer to also. Think about your favorite rides in the area and we will start to mull them over. Include distance and attractions. I am planning to meet with Keithbob at the Seattle Cycle World show in December and we will discuss some of the details of the event including routes. We'll start a route and attractions thread after that so also think about what there is to see on your favorite routes in the area.

I am going to devote a post exclusively to nearby attractions as there are many. We will need to know the distances on the routes so we can work in some stopovers and then can work out the probable total times for the day's journies. Also, A few people will treat this as a general vacation and may want to bring their significant others and hit some local attractions on the way to the meet or after.

Just for teasers, local attractions are Mt. Hood, Mt. St Helens, Mt. Adams, an observatory, an area near Trout Lake reportedly that is frequently visited by UFOs, Multnomah Falls, just for starters.

For sure, we've got several people who know the roads in the area and I have the Columbia River Gorge sport touring route book to refer to also. Think about your favorite rides in the area and we will start to mull them over. Include distance and attractions. I am planning to meet with Keithbob at the Seattle Cycle World show in December and we will discuss some of the details of the event including routes. We'll start a route and attractions thread after that so also think about what there is to see on your favorite routes in the area.

I am going to devote a post exclusively to nearby attractions as there are many. We will need to know the distances on the routes so we can work in some stopovers and then can work out the probable total times for the day's journies. Also, A few people will treat this as a general vacation and may want to bring their significant others and hit some local attractions on the way to the meet or after.

Just for teasers, local attractions are Mt. Hood, Mt. St Helens, Mt. Adams, an observatory, an area near Trout Lake reportedly that is frequently visited by UFOs, Multnomah Falls, just for starters.

Howdy Lee,

I am in and headed up to the Seattle Mo-Mo show as well to check out the new Viffer red whale and Husabergs. Maybe we can hook up, eh?

I went and did the Vernonia/Mist/Apiary loop this last weekend. Great route ... but sucky getting out there and back. :^(

Come springtime/summer after the snow has melted - I am going to be looking into some cool loops out the backside of Edgefield, over to Zig-Zag on the back roads, through the National Forest roads over by Timothy Lake and then out to Maupin, Bake-Oven road, and ... and ... and....

Well, we do have some great ride options. :^)

Cheers! - RandyB ("E-Ticket")

I went and did the Vernonia/Mist/Apiary loop this last weekend. Great route ... but sucky getting out there and back.

It's not so bad if you take Hwy 6 and then go north on Timber Rd. And how could you leave out the Mist - Clatskanie section?

I went and did the Vernonia/Mist/Apiary loop this last weekend. Great route ... but sucky getting out there and back.

It's not so bad if you take Hwy 6 and then go north on Timber Rd. And how could you leave out the Mist - Clatskanie section?

Familiar with both those routes ... I was just out dinking around before it got dark and cold.

The sucky part would be getting clear over from Edgefield Brewery in Troutdale out to there and back.

Would have to spend some pretty signicant time on Hwy 84/26/30.

You could supplant with some of Skyline Blvd. ... but still .... yucky and slow on the slabs.

- ET

I knew we could count on you Randy. The problem will be deciding which roads to ride, there will be many good routes.

We'll see you at the show in December and or at Pyramid Ale House.

I knew we could count on you Randy. The problem will be deciding which roads to ride, there will be many good routes.

We'll see you at the show in December and or at Pyramid Ale House.

OH GEEZ.... It's a *huge* imposition to have to go out and help figure out some awesome rides.

It's a crappy job - but someone has to do it. <...big sigh...>

:^)

I'll drop you a PM, Lee, with my home email and we'll go from there.

Cheers, homie! E-Ticket

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Subscribed... I have a busy summer coming up. So I don't want to say I'm in and not show. But I'm subscribed here and looking forward to the date to be closer... SILVER788, get in touch... :laugh:

the wife asked me a few days ago when my motorcycle trip would be. After I pinched myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming, I let her know it would most likely be in August....now to start planning! I am looking forward to seeing many of you again, and meeting those I didn't get to meet in Dillon.

Count me in for a "probably so", can't commit until it gets a lot closer. Heck, I don't even know if the bike will run after 3 months being down for a valve job...

• 1 month later...

I think this date will work this year. I had to go back to work early this year and missed the big meet in Colorado.

Put me down as a 'yes'.

Good, I'll start working on a list and working out other details. It's still a ways off, but my bike wants me to ride it. I rode a couple times last week. Cold, but fun to get out on the old girl.

• Member Contributer

I think this date will work this year. I had to go back to work early this year and missed the big meet in Colorado.

Put me down as a 'yes'.

Good, I'll start working on a list and working out other details. It's still a ways off, but my bike wants me to ride it. I rode a couple times last week. Cold, but fun to get out on the old girl.

Look forward to meeting you choco, it will be nice to see you again Mike

Gary

still riding :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I am hoping to make this and combine it with a visit to family in Kamloops ,got the kitchen pass already so I am good to go .thanks for setting this up maybe next year we will have something in the east.

I am hoping to make this and combine it with a visit to family in Kamloops ,got the kitchen pass already so I am good to go .thanks for setting this up maybe next year we will have something in the east.

So you ARE at least going to ride down from Kamloops, right? Leave your truck in BC? :rolleyes:

Route suggestion:

Full Size

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I am actually riding out this time to my sisters in Edmonton a nephew in kamloops and then on to the meet with a return through Edmonton ,hopefully no trucking this time . Lots more time on the bike this summer .

Archived