$@$^*@$(@)$&

Rivcyko

sorry to hear.

i sold a black 06 VFR to a truck driver.

he took it to work the day after he bought it. and a semi backed over and on to it. sad.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear this Trav. I have that starter relay you need - only $300 and it'll replace the one that broke in the tip over.... I'll overnight it to ya!!! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I would just save the money and bend the brake pedal back into shape, and just use a black permanent marker on the right case cover.

Make sure and check the lower fairing stay (oil pan) before settling.

You can fill out one of those blue report forms for statistical purposes. But if you dont call the police immediately they will not even come at a later time.

atleast that is what I discovered, when a car backed into my car, they wanted to take care of it later, by having a friend fix it. I dicovered then they had no insurance. So I called to file a poice report, but they wouldnt even come becuse it wasnt at the time of the accident.

But I could go down and fill out a blue form for statisical purposes , supposidly required by law

what a JOKE anyway I turned it into my insurance and the guy skipped town, but later I got my deductable back from uninsured.

best to call the police immediately if you want a real report

I'm with Jeremy. I didn't think it looked too terribly bad. I straightened my brake pedal, sharpied the case cover pgreen94 sent me and the busted off peg feeler, well I have one of those too.

My phone did die on me tonight like I told you it would.

I think you're right to file the police report tomorrow if he doesn't come through. I'm also in agreement that you shouldn't take the guy to the cleaners if he's trying to do the right thing but you should get something for your own labor.

As long as the guy is being cool about it, don't try to fleece him for all he is worth...this is why insurance rates are so high already. If he is willing to pay cash, charge what it costs to make things right. Don't forget to check your tank, my fairing put a nice dent in mine when it tipped over.

I totally agree... The guy is probably a bit of an assh0le (to ruins your bike) but if he's willing to make things right, that's good. I know that it's troubles for you but shit happens.

Hey Travis:

If you end up with some extra $$$, you'll finally be able to make good on the "MOLSON XXX" incident............ +1.gif :goofy:

Or, I mean, God forbid, he shood ahh... say.... procrastinate on his woid.... or maybe.... fail to recollect his memory, God forbid,

me and Paulie could come up from Joisey and 'rearrange' his ahhhh.......... thought process to the proper extent, so to speak. +1.gif

Diamond supplier, you would peruse?

Maybe we could say, present a compelling arguement upon to him which to consider a claim for a 'loss of inventory' of said sparkles, like kinda........ EHHHH! They fell off the back of a truck!

Should he... and I truly so mean God forbid.... turn his back on all our kind offers, we could charter a small what you types up there call cabin cruiser type fishin boats up there, and I mean no disrespect astowards our compadres up in good old Troit, and say go for a sail and ask him if he could picture in his brain what swimmin in a HUGE aquarium such as say, Lake St Clair, God bless her, would feel like to him in his dreams.... :ohmy:

Me and the boys are lookin for a little break and since I am in the garbage business, I've been thinkin with all that Canadian trash comin from Torranna, we could say.... present a strong case to the honorable Governor of your fair State of Mich, to entertain the thoughts of reufusin the importation of said commodity on a continuin basis for reconsiderance..... :huh:

This way, I'll be able to write it all off as a ah, business expense. :biggrin:

OHHHHHH............... EHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Soprano

Ps You want should I bring you some Deli from Strombolies on my way up? They been askin to move some ahhh shall we say... prime cuts outta State for a real good price, before it gets spoilt. :musik20:

• Member Contributer

I know your pain....

Mine was a visitor to our company, reversing her brand new "Oh I'm unfamiliar to the automatic gearbox" Jaguar....

Ended up bending back the brake lever, touched up the tiny scrapes and had one panel painted.

pocketed around 1,800 (the insurance expert estimate) spend 500 drank 1,300....

The difference with yours is that I had already dropped mine twice myself before....

Good luck and you are right not taking him (or anyone for that matter) "to the cleaners".

What goes around, comes around.

You claim what is fair and move one........

• Forum CEO

We have concrete bike parking with those yellow concrete curb blocks out in front to prevent that, there are 4 designated motorcycle parking areas at the plant like that, but some joker always takes up a space between cars - or takes up the unused section on the ends of the lanes, I just know some day one of them will be hit. I think I would talk with somebody there in charge about getting designated bike parking areas so this sort of thing doesnt happen again. Lets face it - cagers barely see us when they are looking at us strait ahead, let alone in a rear view mirror!

• Member Contributer
He wants to pay cash. Make it so,...or off to court we go. (3 witnesses, too).

Your time is money.

Take it to a dealer, get a firm quote on what it would cost to make it right and charge him that amount.

If you're willing to do the work, including the work of ordering the parts and the work you've already done in estimating both the damage and what it will take to fix it, great; it'll save YOU some money. Your effort, however, should have nothing to do with what it will cost him to get it right.

There's no need to gouge, especially given the continuing work relationship, but there's also no need to short-change yourself simply because you're good at fixing your own stuff.

Hitting someone's vehicle may be a dumb, idiotic move, but it doesn't automatically make someone an asshole.

• Member Contributer

Trav:

There's something else missing: oil and filter. You're pix show that you are a bit low. And I think you left it out of the estimate. if you're changing the case cover & gasket, you'll need erl and filter.

-one of the other Trav's

Your time is money.

Take it to a dealer, get a firm quote on what it would cost to make it right and charge him that amount.

If you're willing to do the work, including the work of ordering the parts and the work you've already done in estimating both the damage and what it will take to fix it, great; it'll save YOU some money. Your effort, however, should have nothing to do with what it will cost him to get it right.

There's no need to gouge, especially given the continuing work relationship, but there's also no need to short-change yourself simply because you're good at fixing your own stuff.

Hitting someone's vehicle may be a dumb, idiotic move, but it doesn't automatically make someone an asshole.

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Your time is money.

:fing02:

"DITTO"..... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I would start the insurance paperwork between your company and his - if the individual decides to pay you out you simply tell your broker/agent to drop your claim.

This way you have some recourse if the person decides they are NOT going to pay for the damages, and as long as they do pay up there is no effect on their insurance rate since there was no claim for their underwriter to pay out.

Lastly, go get a REAL estimate from a Honda dealer. Anything you cobble together will/may look less than accurate should it ever be called into question.

People + money = instant a**holes

Sad but true.

when i read this i am amazed how low prices you guys(and girls) have on your spare parts i had a similar accident but i had to replace the gastank and front faring(cant remember if thats the correct word wink.gif ) the total on the repairs was around $4500 :fing02: it went on the other guys insurance tho smile.gif

good thing you got the guy that did this to your bike

• Member Contributer

I think this is all an elaborate hoax.

What REALLY happened?

Travis came out of work, drunk of his ass, got caught peeing on his boss' car, then got thrown off the car by security, stumbled over to his bike, tripped over his empty beer can while trying to zip up and face planted into the side of his bike...knocking it over.

His 3 witnesses were just his three drinking buddies...

• Member Contributer

What REALLY happened?

Travis came out of work, drunk of his ass, got caught peeing on his boss' car, then got thrown off the car by security, stumbled over to his bike, tripped over his empty beer can while trying to zip up and face planted into the side of his bike...knocking it over.

:fing02: :goofy: +1.gif :laugh:

I take it you've been out with Travis???

• Member Contributer

What REALLY happened?

:fing02: :goofy: +1.gif :laugh:

I take it you've been out with Travis???

"Run Travis, Run......They figured it out".............. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

K.

First. LOMFL. You guys are the best. (I'll take that to my grave).

Second. Got paid. 1,700. Sorry Ken, got another starter relay. LOL.

Third. Not look'n to bone the guy. Just want to get my s#!t fixed, the way it was, prior to his a$$hole move. AND This frags the hell out of my Nelsons Ledges, plans for the weekend. Looks like I'll be taking the truck.

Fourth. An accident, does not make some one an a$$hole. If it did. I would be the biggest. Fact of the matter is, he was doing approx. 30, backwards, when he whipped into my bike. HE HAS BEEN TOLD NOT TO DRIVE LIKE THAT, IN THE LOT, ON A FEW OTHER OCCASIONS. That does make him an a$$hole,..... but an honest one at that,....and I did express my gratitude, for that.

Fifth. There is no bike parking. BUT I was parked with a 15 foot radius, all the way around.

Sixth. Found that the steering head bearings are fragged, today. Hope to adjust them and be good. We'll see.

Kent,

Larry has been out with me. LOL. But I assure you, not my bag, this time. LOL.

While I would like to save as much of this $$$, as I can, those that know me, know, I AM ANAL, ABOUT MY BABY.

I was gonna give him a break. My friends say, to take him to the cleaners. I just want the parts to make it right.

I think there's a middle ground. As others have said, get a quote to have the dealer repair the damage and present him with that. He's trying to do the right thing, but you're not at fault here and under no obligation to give him a break.

• Member Contributer
Kent,

Larry has been out with me. LOL. But I assure you, not my bag, this time. LOL.

Sorry Trav, couldn't resist, that was some funny chit from Larry

:warranty: :unsure: You sure have some good "buddies" here :laugh: :laugh: :beer: :beer:

Archived