• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Lint said:

And what science exactly are you using to back up your claim that an additional snorkel, etc is actually going to make a difference at all that will be positive? Do you have a degree in fluid dynamics and the computer modeling to display for us to review? What is your source that the German ECU is any different? What dyno charts can you produce to verify that claim, or are you foolishly throwing away money? You have this grand idea that what you're doing is going to make some difference, yet you have no idea what you are doing and are quite literally winging it, based upon some idea with no science behind it at all. Are you so flush with cash that you can simply throw away money on a hope and a prayer? If so, let's talk.

Seriously, why spend all that money on the engine, not knowing if it will or won't actually reduce your power, ( which I'm betting it will, as the two snorkels are going to be forcing hot air into your intake) while not upgrading your brakes and suspension, the two things that actually can keep you alive. I may never understand.

Needless to say, your foolish and cavalier attitude towards all of this are not boding well for you. I hope you have life insurance.

First of all you have to realize I know exactly what I am doing, despite forum pushback, rhetoric and general malaise, that's to be both expected and understandable because these folks are only reading about the stradegy and results leading up

go the total unleashing of 5th Gen factory power. Its not about doing anything major or extremely pricey either. It's about being a 5th gen VFR paleontologist with the abilities to show hands-on results using hypothesis through the various factory design evolutions. For example with my hypothesis the addition of the second snorkel and elimination of the flapper restores the airbox to that particular design point prior to the additional of the flapper, it's that simple. The German ECU will not have any regulatory EPA type concessions that were possibly incorporated in America ECU. Nothing is being added, only removed to unleash all the factor power, the real proof is in the pudding and you'll see when I post the full throttle acceleration videos this VFR is totally unleashed and no longer being restricted, that's why it looks fantastic, runs as fast as possible and sounds incredible ?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

It's about being a 5th gen VFR paleontologist with the abilities to show hands-on results using hypothesis through the various factory design evolutions.  ?

OHHHH KAAYY! That's it.

This person is pulling our leg. He ain't really doing all this stuff

OHHHH KAAYY! That's it.

Endless punching of the center key on the Android text keyboard lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Pro tip, Roy is selling his unopened Torocharger for $2000 Australian Right NOW.

Would it work with a 6th gen, and if so where can I buy. Coz I need it sooooooooo bad.

• Member Contributer

This thread reminds me of this scene, anyone else feel the same way?

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, slowbird said:

OHHHH KAAYY! That's it.

Unfortunately it's looking more and more like . . .

VFRD II.JPG

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

First of all you have to realize I know exactly what I am doing....

No, we don't have to realize that claim.

In fact, everything you've stated points to the polar opposite of you knowing what you're doing.

Your claim of owning a 600 hp 2001 Dodge Ram Diesel Dually is another indicator of how firm a grip you have on reality.

• Member Contributer
On 11/16/2016 at 6:18 AM, CandyRedRC46 said:

In case anyone is still paying attention.

Pipercross:
True performance filter. High flow filter media. USES ALL OF THE AVAILABLE FILTER AREA. Reusable. Lifetime warranty. Fueling changes recommended.

I wish Piper made a filter for the RC45... in fact no one makes an aftermarket filter for us...

I made my own K&N filter by first cutting out the stock paper element and gluing in a
length of K&N from an Auto filter...

KNfliter06_zpsgqs0zypw.jpg

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, ggathagan said:

No, we don't have to realize that claim.

In fact, everything you've stated points to the polar opposite of you knowing what you're doing.

Your claim of owning a 600 hp 2001 Dodge Ram Diesel Dually is another indicator of how firm a grip you have on reality.

Yup so the means you don't know anything about diesel and if you knew just a little bit about diesel you'd know a lot more about gas, this little VFR is cake to tune

IMG_0095.JPG

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, BusyLittleShop said:

I wish Piper made a filter for the RC45... in fact no one makes an aftermarket filter for us...

I made my own K&N filter by first cutting out the stock paper element and gluing in a
length of K&N from an Auto filter...

KNfliter06_zpsgqs0zypw.jpg

Keep in mind the K&N filter is not flat like the Pipercross and the actual surface area is greater than the area seen because it's like an accordian and it's going to not restrict air flow because that's why K&N is in business and they know what they are doing ?

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Pro tip, Roy is selling his unopened Torocharger for $2000 Australian Right NOW.

For some reason I thought he had a 6th gen?  Anyway, if the kit is for a 5th gen, yes, I would buy it--and I'm pretty good with international money transfers... :happy:

I just wish I knew how much $2k AUD was... :wacko:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Well if I hadn't just been made redundant I'd buy that Toro kit :(  All other winter plans are on hold pending new job acquisition.

We may be hooked with this thread, but its the most laughs I've had on here for ages :)

• Member Contributer

I may have mentioned this before :happy: but I've ridden, even if only briefly, a supercharged VFR800 5th Gen. 

Wheelies in 3rd on the throttle. Awesome! :wheel:

Yr right Mohawk, this is a very amusing thread, almost soap opera-like. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Skids said:

I may have mentioned this before :happy: but I've ridden, even if only briefly, a supercharged VFR800 5th Gen. 

Wheelies in 3rd on the throttle. Awesome! :wheel:

Yr right Mohawk, this is a very amusing thread, almost soap opera-like. :biggrin:

There's some better reasons based on bigger questions not to kit a 5th gen VFR, mainly this "exceeding design basis with an aftermarket product that is no longer being produced or supported, so when it needs anything or doesn't work, you're done. Next why not just buy a H2 that was specifically designed for a supercharger that Kawasaki actually produced solely for the H2 ? That's what I plan to do, in order to "keep the VFR a factory reliable VFR" the VFR and H2 would make great stable mates.?

Seven years later, how many failures have been reported due to the Torocharger? Oh, thats right, none. There you go again, talking about things you have no clue about lol.

The only failure I can think of is Toecutter needing to replace the actual rotrex unit. That is right, the toro kit and VFR800 out lived the rotrex supercharger....The Torocharger kit is a highly engineered kit. A lot more thought was put into it's design, than say just adding an extra snorkel because it kind of fit in there with some duct tape.

• Member Contributer

2k1GoneWild, why don't you just post a few pics of yourself along with your Viffer and other vehicle/s, just so those slightly cynical peeps can see that you do not reside under a bridge?

2 minutes ago, Nelix said:

2k1GoneWild, why don't you just post a few pics of yourself along with your Viffer and other vehicle/s, just so those slightly cynical peeps can see that you do not reside under a bridge?

I'm sure he will be perfectly happy to do this, as soon as he buys a tripod from a reliable company in Russia.

1 minute ago, SEBSPEED said:

I'm sure he will be perfectly happy to do this, as soon as he buys a tripod from a reliable company in Russia.

loooooooooooooooooooool

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, SEBSPEED said:

Will this tripod unleash more power as the Russians don't give a f**k about emissions? 

• Member Contributer

The tripod will allow for X-ray level photographs all without the radiation danger!

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Seven years later, how many failures have been reported due to the Torocharger? Oh, thats right, none. There you go again, talking about things you have no clue about lol.

The only failure I can think of is Toecutter needing to replace the actual rotrex unit. That is right, the toro kit and VFR800 out lived the rotrex supercharger....The Torocharger kit is a highly engineered kit. A lot more thought was put into it's design, than say just adding an extra snorkel because it kind of fit in there with some duct tape.

If you had a H2 you would let the 5th Gen VFR just be a VFR and just tweak on the H2 a tad?

Archived