8 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Back in 2009 when I did my ebay header (Motad), two brothers slip on, bmc filter, modded air box, power commander 3 and custom "Dynojet" tune.

modded.jpg

overlay.jpg

stock.jpg

For comparison, here is a chart from my 2004 after fitting a PCIII and LV cans and a K&N filter.The main advantage here is a smoother VTEC transition, not a dramatic increase in power. The motorcycle is more pleasant to ride now, but it won't win any drag races . . .

Dyno_Chart_VFR800_EDR.jpg

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Alaskan said:

For comparison, here is a chart from my 2004 after fitting a PCIII and LV cans and a K&N filter.The main advantage here is a smoother VTEC transition, not a dramatic increase in power. The motorcycle is more pleasant to ride now, but it won't win any drag races . . .

Dyno_Chart_VFR800_EDR.jpg

Your Dyno tuner definitely did a better job than my tuner did, but I have since switched out my PC3 for RB3 and later RB Racing with autotune and it is much improved.

Factory stock 2005 VFR800.

Blue line is dead stock.

Red line is stock with fuel map only tuning.

Green line is stock with fuel mapping corrected and ignition mapping tuned for premium fuel.

To show the dramatic increase in area under the curve and drivability, dyno's were done at 13%, 23% and 100% throttle. 

13% throttle. Stock vs fuel vs fuel and ignition tuning.

13 percent fuel and ignition.jpg

23% throttle. Stock vs fuel tuning.

23 percent fuel tuning.jpg

100% throttle. Stock vs fuel tuning.

100 percent throttle fuel tuning.jpg

Here is another chart showing what the transition was like before custom mapping and after.  Amazing difference in smoothness. I want to see the OP's chart when all is said and done . . .

dyno_chart.jpg

10 minutes ago, Alaskan said:

Here is another chart showing what the transition was like before custom mapping and after.  Amazing difference in smoothness. I want to see the OP's chart when all is said and done . . .

dyno_chart.jpg

That is a sweet torque curve. 

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Two Brothers Headers (USA) $800
Two Brothers Slip on (USA) $600
Ceramic coating (USA) $160
Sold extra two brothers can -$100

Before/After ceramic coating and USD forks/Radial brakes.

3.jpg

header1.jpg

header2.jpg

header3.jpg

header7.jpg

Yup but that looks a lot like  a 6th Gen VFR 

When all is said and done, there isn't much difference between the 6th Gen and the 5th Gen power in the power department

18 minutes ago, Alaskan said:

When all is said and done, there isn't much difference between the 6th Gen and the 5th Gen power in the power department

Pretty much. You just trade one cool sound for another cool sound. 

• Member Contributer
45 minutes ago, Alaskan said:

dyno_chart.jpg

I spoke to the local DynoJet tech who will be custom mapping my VFR, that's about what he said the custom fuel map will bring in a few more HP and he can make sure it's not running to rich at the higher rpm's. I'll have to drop it off and leave it with him for a few days, right now I'm just getting the fork kit installed but was not happy with the SKF seals, so I went ahead and ordered up the K&L fork seal, dust seal,bushing and the gizmo to drive them in along with some PJ1 Golf 5w fork oil. I want the front forks perfect, I like DMr Jamie's kit a lot, so I'm going to replace everything right once and fill it with 500 cc of oil 13cm down from compressed tube and with 1.5cm preload and don't crush the adjusting needle when torquing the cap. I practiced all day Sunday, just want the fresh parts and then it should be and feel perfect ?

• Member Contributer
47 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

That is a sweet torque curve. 

Yup that's good info but remember I went ahead a loaded an off the shelf PC3 fuel map off the website to match up my Euro ECU, that's what gave me the idea to get the Euro ECU when I saw there were a whole series of PC3 fuel maps out there already so I'm not so sure I'm going to see dramatic results and am somewhat concerned so I'll make sure to first get a baseline with with what I loaded, stock does not really matter that's just going to cost me Dyno time $$$?

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, Alaskan said:

Yeah but for some reason there are much less aftermarket 5th gen out there like TB has zilch ?

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Pretty much. You just trade one cool sound for another cool sound. 

Except the gear driven cam is going to hang in there much longer  than a chain, it's got a special sound unlike a chain 

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

LOL you know that there is "a whole series" of PC3 fuel maps available for the US VFR800 right?

Yup but my ECU is EURO Germany 

4 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Yup that's good info but remember I went ahead a loaded an off the shelf PC3 fuel map off the website to match up my Euro ECU, that's what gave me the idea to get the Euro ECU when I saw there were a whole series of PC3 fuel maps out there already so I'm not so sure I'm going to see dramatic results and am somewhat concerned so I'll make sure to first get a baseline with with what I loaded, stock does not really matter that's just going to cost me Dyno time $$$?

Stock Baseline matters because it would finally shut you up about adding 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20 whp when in reality you would be lucky to get 5whp.

6 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Except the gear driven cam is going to hang in there much longer  than a chain, it's got a special sound unlike a chain 

Just replace the CCT's every 30-50k miles and the chains will out last the rest of the bike. They do not fail on VFR's. Gear driven cams make a "special sound" and so does VTEC, but unfortunately, gear driven cams do not allow for cam degreeing or head milling... Also VTEC allows for much better low end torque when properly tuned.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Stock Baseline matters because it would finally shut you up about adding 10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20 whp when in reality you would be lucky to get 5whp.

It's got the max possible factory whp now with my recipe, trust me, you'll see it's going to end up in the 110 whp clubhouse "hall of fame" plus look and feel as fresh as it is fast?

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Yeah but for some reason there are much less aftermarket 5th gen out there like TB has zilch ?

5th gens were only sold between 1998 and 2001, 6th gens were sold from from 2002 to 2014, so many more years hence more in circulation I'd expect.

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Which means absolutely nothing.

It's going to mean more torque on the upswing and less engine braking on the way down, you'll see what I been talking about on the DynoJet, when I switched out ECU A for ECU G it ran out much fuller to the upper RPM range ?

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Just replace the CCT's every 30-50k miles and the chains will out last the rest of the bike. They do not fail on VFR's. Gear driven cams make a "special sound" and so does VTEC, but unfortunately, gear driven cams do not allow for cam degreeing or head milling... Also VTEC allows for much better low end torque when properly tuned.

This is the best breakdown of the two gens I've seen so far. Nice one :)

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, Terry said:

5th gens were only sold between 1998 and 2001, 6th gens were sold from from 2002 to 2014, so many more years hence more in circulation I'd expect.

I know and I been real lucky with my timing on sourcing parts. This 5th Gen VFR  will have a nice combination of best of best possible. ?

Archived