Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

I have a couple sets of catless that need ceramic coating available now (but not to those who have committed to a group buy here :goofy:).

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

so that I can get the Torocharged 6G uncorked and properly tuned.

When you are done, promise us all that you will start a thread on it with the title Unleashing All the 6Gen's power.   :goofy:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Sweeper said:

When you are done, promise us all that you will start a thread on it with the title Unleashing All the 6Gen's power.   :goofy:

Good thing you left out the word "factory" power.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, thtanner said:

Maybe when he's done I'd buy them.. would like to get rid of the cat on my 02.

See CornerCarvers post...

3 hours ago, CornerCarver said:

I have a couple sets of catless that need ceramic coating available now (but not to those who have committed to a group buy here :goofy:).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm a patient man and am still in for the Tyga's.  Too much work has been expended by so many to step back now.  Much thanks.  I'm still in.  And want them. :-) 

Dave

• Member Contributer

I can't recall if I posted these pics, but I just found them whilst looking for some other pics.

TBR header next to Motad header

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

• Member Contributer
On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:09 PM, dgordon said:

I'm a patient man and am still in for the Tyga's.  Too much work has been expended by so many to step back now.  Much thanks.  I'm still in.  And want them. :-) 

Dave

Yep I'm impatient , for info:happy:

• 4 weeks later...
Like CC was saying,  Life sometimes gets in the way and no telling just what comes of things, I too hope the Best for Rush,  we love our passion but when it comes right down to it family,  health and personal business etc, first   Way to go the distance. CC.  When I heard back from Paul my first gut feeling was WTH you guys should all ready by now be way in the loop,  that got me rethinking there position knowing they have other projects on the table vs. our wishes,  not saying it wouldn't happen,  but gosh darn it it's not that difficult. less where they are located.  Now for my dude,  I'll get a better idea in a week regarding costs,  we talked about the $600 target for just me,  then Ti got thrown in which of coarse is just the shiets, right,  so in that, anyone have a stock 98-00 header I can bower for a couple months?  bad enough i can't take mine off, ( shoulder surgery) 4 months out before I'm wrenching,  but have no problem with Gabe having the bike, just kinda figure having a set off to the side would help.  Guess maybe I best start a new topic thread..  ;)

Or maybe thing are mowing on this?

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Awe,   yes,  sorta.  just as it happened yesterday Gabe and I just went over the details on the build here that I had in mind.   I was able to get a stock 98-99 header from a great member here for checking out purposes. then To my surprise in a way, I mean building a one of I knew it would run a bit more,  yet it's looking to cost about twice what we had previously talked about. $1100.00    I'm still thinking it over. as there's more to it in my case,  not only am I looking at duplicating the TBR/ Erion versions.  but I am also doing it for some gains,  in that there's more testing in dyno runs etc.  When figuring out all the costs and all, it has me rethinking this at the moment. that said I'm not done yet, I don't give up that easy.

• Member Contributer

I´m in Thailand at the moment,and I will pay Tyga a visit next week to hear what is happening whit the downpipes, and just to see the place. I will get back here NeXT week.

• Member Contributer

Hadn't checked the thread for a long time, seems some things have happened (or not happened depending on how you view it)

I'd be willing to go the custom route if there's some confidence it will enable a few more hp. But also still in for the Tygas.

Why do I fee like I might end up with 2 sets of headers when this is all said and done? :goofy:

• Member Contributer
On 1/13/2017 at 5:23 AM, Madsen said:

I´m in Thailand at the moment,and I will pay Tyga a visit next week to hear what is happening whit the downpipes, and just to see the place. I will get back here NeXT week.

That would be great if you could pay a visit on this header work. I emailed in December and their response was that they were waiting for a sample header from the US to take a look.   - Would like to know if they are just being nice and just saying "yes, yes" for everybody or that they really mean "no thanks" (Something I have learned from working with Asian cultures is that they always want to "save face" and will almost never say "no" - Even when they really should or mean to say no) 

I am kinda at some maybe's -- I talked to a guy that fabs Indy car headers.. Mbe a custom would be a way to go or ---  Effe it-- --I have line on a deal  for a super clean 2006 CBR1000RR as a Mbe buy in the spring to get my "go fast" adrenaline fixes.... 

On 1/13/2017 at 2:23 AM, Madsen said:

Excellent,  thanks for going to the trouble. like Mello I have a feeling they're just being nice. Been there before,  don't know what it is about just letting folks know the know.  how else can decisions be made,  SMH.   I'm  still looking at my options here.

• Member Contributer

Tyga  is not a Asian Company, it is just based in Thaialand. I am sure they ment well when they sayéd yes to do exhaust for us.

I do not know what whent wrong, but I will go ther and see the place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Madsen said:

Tyga  is not a Asian Company, it is just based in Thaialand. I am sure they ment well when they sayéd yes to do exhaust for us.

I do not know what whent wrong, but I will go ther and see the place.

And then?

• Member Contributer
On 30/11/2016 at 11:11 AM, WackenSS said:

This looks good indeed :) Definitely not your average muffler dude :)

I don't really know when to declare the tyga thread dead, but things seem to have come to a stop and that us the last thing I need! Living in Norway gives me two options, make it my self or buy it from another country to the specs listed within this thread. With the only thing missing from tyga is the option to go TITAN, so if he can fulfill this dream and do this with the dimensions discussed I'm surely going to consider your man :)

Any ballpark figure on the Ti would be nice tough :)

Good work mister :)

If I were you & assuming this is for your Turbo VFR, I'd look at the Ladybird RC45 HRC Ti replica. Expensive YES, but well worth it for Maximum velocity :)

13 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

And then?

No and then!!!!

I wonder if Madsen ever made it over there.  Is there anyone that is actually on point for this or is the lead being split between people?

If I were you & assuming this is for your Turbo VFR, I'd look at the Ladybird RC45 HRC Ti replica. Expensive YES, but well worth it for Maximum velocity :)

Whoa! Did not even know this existed!
Very nice info there, and one good option, however I did not plan on reworking the cooling yet, and removing the fan would make the already super hot v4 explode.
And yes, it's for the supercharged one.

So, waiting for tyga and easy fitment, or waiting untill I have the time to year her down an make it another frankenviffer?
I would probably wait this one out first.

Do you know if anyone tried the ladybird on the rc46?

• Member Contributer

I believe it will fit the 5th gen engine. The 6th gen CCT on the rear head would interfere with the cylinder header !

• Member Contributer

Hi.

I was at Tyga and had a good talk whit them about the heaters. They got the OEM heaters for the 5´th gen. and that is not what they need. They are need someone to surply they whit a Two Brother system to make a system for us. I do not have a TB system so I can not help there. If someone can sent a TB system to Thailand they can get on whit the Work. Or mayby take some Pictures of it on the bike will help a lot.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, Madsen said:

Hi.

I was at Tyga and had a good talk whit them about the heaters. They got the OEM heaters for the 5´th gen. and that is not what they need. They are need someone to surply they whit a Two Brother system to make a system for us. I do not have a TB system so I can not help there. If someone can sent a TB system to Thailand they can get on whit the Work. Or mayby take some Pictures of it on the bike will help a lot.

Did they have/need a donor bike to work with?

• Member Contributer

They don´t have a bike to Work whit. It would be the best thing to make a set of heaters they sayed. They can do it if they have aTB system and/or god Pictures.

Archived