Tyga Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Seems like Rush has dropped off the project, and we don't really have a new point man. I'm just waiting to see what develops. I'm still in for 2 sets whoever makes 'em if they're better than stock 98-99. I have 3 sets of those already.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Gabe from back when just out of High School and know his passion for things that move. When we talked at first I was going na he doesn't have the time in the biz being he's like 25-26   But his back ground in performance exhaust for highly modified vehicles that not only race but look good  had me give him a chance to see what he's got. to my surprise is he is way more talented than I first off thought. And after seeing his work it's a no brainier now.  he's way past being the local muffler man IMO.  If you have FB, here's a look.

or this thread on the web.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=327162

And yes we talked about Ti too.  :goofy:  let me also add,  he loves a challenge.  Taking numbers from the TBR and Erion then adding his touch I have no doubt it will all work out.

And yes we talked about Ti too.  :goofy:  let me also add,  he loves a challenge.  Taking numbers from the TBR and Erion then adding his touch I have no doubt it will all work out.

This looks good indeed :) Definitely not your average muffler dude :)

I don't really know when to declare the tyga thread dead, but things seem to have come to a stop and that us the last thing I need! Living in Norway gives me two options, make it my self or buy it from another country to the specs listed within this thread. With the only thing missing from tyga is the option to go TITAN, so if he can fulfill this dream and do this with the dimensions discussed I'm surely going to consider your man :)

Any ballpark figure on the Ti would be nice tough :)

Good work mister :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, RVFR said:

PS of sorts, FWIW,  I've started the process to get a one of header made by a skilled and knowledgeable exhaust craftsman locally, we've talked it up, he's on board,  we've discussed  specs and design since this TYGA build wasn't looking to be going where it was intended.  Gabe the gentleman that's doing this asked about if there where more folks interested.  I filled him in on the interests here, but really didn't have an exact feeling. So not to run this TYGA off the track for you guys, as it could be a good thing? gods know we've waited patiently,    but again me being sort like impatient,  I'm running with it,  if anyone else could be interested drop me a pm, or maybe I should start a new thread? IDK other than I know what I want,  not sure whats best for the masses if..  Gabe and I have talked about it being only 4 months out. 

I've browsed this thread on/off for months (years?), and now am of the opinion (yeah, I know) that the Tyga headers are 'vaporware' ... so, if you have a real possibility in a decent $$ range and time frame, I'd be interested.  Having recently viewed a thread where a custom header was built (I forget for which gen) and noticing that the cost in pipe was around $360ish alone, I'm concerned about what this will cost.  But ... interested :smile:.

ACE

• Member Contributer

I don't really care WHO makes one, I just want one. after the long dead spell on this topic I am game for anything, in the $600-$700 range as long as it unleashes factory power

15 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

I don't really care WHO makes one, I just want one. after the long dead spell on this topic I am game for anything, in the $600-$700 range as long as it unleashes factory power

hahaaha have you been in the Gen 5 forums recently?

• Member Contributer

Just kidding.  RVFR has good info.  

We have purchased a place in Maryville, TN and am in the process of moving all things accumulated in 16 years living here.

I had carefully packaged a 3rd gen left exit TBR header and a 5th gen right exit TBR after communicating for several weeks with Tyga regarding what they were looking for and the specificity with which they wished that I listed the items regarding customs, used parts, not of value etc...all while finishing the remodel of my home in GA and trying to get it ready to sell.

I complied with everything that Tyga asked then sent them the weights and dimensions that they asked for the package of headers and put them in my truck to drop off at FedEx for the journey to Thailand.

At this point I thought we were on our way to getting a prototype developed with Tyga.

Then instead of sending me the instructions for dropping off the package for shipping, Matt from Tyga sent me a request for photos of everything in the box. Just between us girls, this chapped my ass and confirmed to Mrs Carver that I was wasting my time on this project when my time was being stretched too thin to adequately complete all that was before me.

So I removed the box that had been riding back and forth in my truck making numerous trips between Maryville and Peachtree City and sitting in my truck at the airport while I was away on business.

Which brings us to today.  I am planning on leaving GA Friday and heading back to TN.  This weekend I will open and remove my carefully packed and wrapped headers to take photos and send to Tyga then carefully repack and re-wrap the difficult to acquire contents and wait for Tyga to send me shipping instructions.

So my "inside" opinion is that this product will come to fruition.  That being said, if Gabe at Rampage or the fabricator that I met with in Maryville to work on another TBR 5g header for my ToroCharged 6g come to fuition I would be just as willing to spend my money with them.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, Epyon007 said:

I may never actually buy these items but Carver thanks for doing all this work.  What a pain in the ass this has to be.

I don't feel that I am doing much as it was Rush who started this and saw it zig and zag through numerous obstacles and fits and starts.  My recent help keeping this moving could objectively be seen as selfish as I will buy between 3 and 5 of these once they are available.

Honestly I am genuinely concerned about Rush and hope that he is well and just busy with everyday family and other things.

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, VFRRR said:

If it's to any help I could take some photos of a TBR system for the 5th gen, to send to Tyga....

It wouldn't help.  They know what the system looks like and need to confirm that it is what is actually in the box I am sending.  It sounds like someone may have sent them (on their dime or Baht as it were) some stock parts that they were lead to believe were TBR and claimed an exorbitant value for the parts resulting in a large customs import fee as well.

I don't fault Tyga or Matt for the request, just the timing of this request and the other crap in life had me feeling a bit rebellious.

• Member Contributer

I look at it like this, for me I am in a hurry today to get one as my bike is torn down for cleaning and powdering. If one would be available from anyone this month I would buy it. After that I don't really care I will buy it when ever something comes out!

i wonder if it would get more companies interested if the 8 gen crowd was to chance them down being a current model 

Cornercarver, I fully understand and I also have an big interest in this system coming thru. Therefore I think that somebody should keep have the contact to Tyga.

Like CC was saying,  Life sometimes gets in the way and no telling just what comes of things, I too hope the Best for Rush,  we love our passion but when it comes right down to it family,  health and personal business etc, first   Way to go the distance. CC.  When I heard back from Paul my first gut feeling was WTH you guys should all ready by now be way in the loop,  that got me rethinking there position knowing they have other projects on the table vs. our wishes,  not saying it wouldn't happen,  but gosh darn it it's not that difficult. less where they are located.  Now for my dude,  I'll get a better idea in a week regarding costs,  we talked about the $600 target for just me,  then Ti got thrown in which of coarse is just the shiets, right,  so in that, anyone have a stock 98-00 header I can bower for a couple months?  bad enough i can't take mine off, ( shoulder surgery) 4 months out before I'm wrenching,  but have no problem with Gabe having the bike, just kinda figure having a set off to the side would help.  Guess maybe I best start a new topic thread..  ;)

• Member Contributer

I have another 5g TBR header that was damaged when the bike it was on was wadded up.  I tried to have a friend section it and fix the massive dings but we couldn't tell if the front mounting points were correctly aligned with him doing the repair in one state and me in another.

I took it to a fabricator near my new home and he said he could do something with it but couldn't touch it until December (this was in late August) so we are close to me dropping off the dinged set and a spare 5/6g engine for accurate re-construction or possibly a new run of performance headers.  It may be a dead end I may just end up paying too much to repair these dinged headers so that I can get the Torocharged 6G uncorked and properly tuned.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RVFR said:

Like CC was saying,  Life sometimes gets in the way and no telling just what comes of things, I too hope the Best for Rush,  we love our passion but when it comes right down to it family,  health and personal business etc, first   Way to go the distance. CC.  When I heard back from Paul my first gut feeling was WTH you guys should all ready by now be way in the loop,  that got me rethinking there position knowing they have other projects on the table vs. our wishes,  not saying it wouldn't happen,  but gosh darn it it's not that difficult. less where they are located.  Now for my dude,  I'll get a better idea in a week regarding costs,  we talked about the $600 target for just me,  then Ti got thrown in which of coarse is just the shiets, right,  so in that, anyone have a stock 98-00 header I can bower for a couple months?  bad enough i can't take mine off, ( shoulder surgery) 4 months out before I'm wrenching,  but have no problem with Gabe having the bike, just kinda figure having a set off to the side would help.  Guess maybe I best start a new topic thread..  ;)

I'll call you when I get home @4-5PM. I might be able to help you with a set of catless headers.

Cheers,

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

I'll call you when I get home @4-5PM. I might be able to help you with a set of catless headers.

Cheers,

Maybe when he's done I'd buy them.. would like to get rid of the cat on my 02.

• Member Contributer
40 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Maybe when he's done I'd buy them.. would like to get rid of the cat on my 02.

These are destined for my 01, I've just been too lazy to get them cleaned up and ceramic coated. 

Archived