The version 3 optimization build

• Member Contributer

A few days ago saw that Tyga has a stainless header with RH exit that's available for 3rd gen VFR.   Likely lighter than stock and better performing. Looks prettier! 

Tyga Header for 3rd Gen VFR

I don't own any Tyga but hear they produce quality stuff.  Maybe others will have first hand experince.

55 minutes ago, Tirso said:

A few days ago saw that Tyga has a stainless header with RH exit that's available for 3rd gen VFR.   Likely lighter than stock and better performing. Looks prettier! 

I don't own any Tyga but hear they produce quality stuff.  Maybe others will have first hand experince.

I don't have any first hand experience with their full systems, but I did buy a muffler for the RC26.  It is well made, very pretty and sounds great.

20210422_111728.thumb.jpg.ebc95d383507262489fd5454da9e57e4.jpg20210422_111747.thumb.jpg.66f3d23653c666d7bfa126f71293bb42.jpg20210422_111757.thumb.jpg.f8881b7a04fcf3cb8caae75cb11ba083.jpg

I have heard nothing but positive things about their products, and my experience agrees.  A member on another forum tricked out a RVF400.  He only buys and installs top shelf items and he is a repeat Tyga customer. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Tirso said:

I also really like the fact that they have replacement panels to take the place of the factory panels that don't fit with their exhaust, even one in carbon. The killer for me is no center stand.

There's no doubt it would be lighter and have to make more power than the collector stock system.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, jefferson said:

I also really like the fact that they have replacement panels to take the place of the factory panels that don't fit with their exhaust, even one in carbon. The killer for me is no center stand.

There's no doubt it would be lighter and have to make more power than the collector stock system.

Curious to why no center stand is a deal breaker.  I removed the center stand from my 5th gen, dropped about 7lbs and don't miss it.  But, I have an Abba Skylift and a vintage TBR rear wheel stand modified for my Ducati hub.

Tyga also sells a saucy racing step kit. You 3rd and 4th gen guys get all the cool toys.

• Member Contributer

I just really like being able to put it on the center stand in the garage and be able to work on the left side same as the right. It would also be real handy if a flat rear happened out on the road. I want it light, but practical.

• Like 2

• Member Contributer

Went for a ride today and as I was filling up beforehand another benefit to the center stand became apparent. You can fill the tank to the brim instead of how full you can fill it on the side stand. I'm not a fan of staddling the bike to hold it upright while filling the tank.

• Member Contributer

That fairing mount is quite the piece, and the price is probably about the same as a nice 3rd gen. Aluminum is lighter than Ti and easier to work with. Neither would remain straight after a crash, so I would just have one made from aluminum. The VFR fairing mount has a ton of twists and turns, so not gonna be cheap to replicate. The rear subframe however, is very simple in comparison, and could be made from aluminum as well.

While you're at the machine shop, have them make one of these for you too.... :goofy:

rear-hub.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looks like someone is ahead of me on that, but it's probably for one of the RC's other than the 36.

• Member Contributer

Actually it's for an MV Agusta... might make one for my 3rd gen, so I can run the Ducati spindle, single nut, and forged wheel. 😉