What other bikes do you own?

• Member Contributer

Just curious to see what other bikes people are riding besides their VFR's.

Aside from my Interceptor, I've got a Victory Vegas 8 Ball and a Vulcan 800 that is primarily the wife's, but I occasionally ride for a change. I had a Magna that was bobbed before that but reluctantly sold it a year or two ago. My little collection:

2002 VFR

No photo description available.

2013 Victory Vegas:

1998 Vulcan

1996 Honda Magna (Gone)

• Member Contributer

I just realized that F150 is in every one of those pics. That truck brought bikes to my home in VA from VA, PA, MD and NY. Still have that truck and it's still running strong at 196,000 miles!😄

• Member Contributer

My most recent bike is a Kawasaki Versys-X 300, that I use as a winter bike & for green lanes. Hope to take it on a tour to Spain. 
00C5BB34-FEE6-4733-AEDD-96E071106DAF.thumb.jpeg.6fb759ddb64170a165565acd9ba60690.jpeg

CA28555A-4EED-4770-8DD6-89F6F1491039.thumb.jpeg.10f1aadf3abea7f67420832c02d701aa.jpeg

2 hours ago, revtmolo said:

2002 VFR

A yellow 6th gen! You are in a pretty exclusive club.

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

A yellow 6th gen! You are in a pretty exclusive club.

Uhhhhh.... I might be the only member!

I found out after I bought the bike they didn't make yellow  for the 6th gen. Apparently the PO repainted it. I checked the code under the seat and it was indeed supposed to be red. 

Now under normal circumstances, I'd probably be mad about this being a respray, but 20 or so years ago I saw a Yellow VFR in a Honda showroom and fell in LOVE with it. I didn't have the cash then and always pined for one. The one thing I was insistent on was that if I ever got one it HAD to be YELLOW.

One day for S&G's I was browsing through cycle trader and found this one.  

two days later I drove to Pennsylvania to pick it up.

A day or two after that I found out it was a respray but it was the color I wanted and there didn't appear to be any underlying damage to the the bike (It had obviously been dropped, but it wasn't crashed) I did all the general maintenance you would normally do with an older used bike (Chain and sprockets, fluids, went back to a stock exhaust from open pipes I'm doing brake pads this summer) and have been as happy as a clam since. Such a fantastic machine! 

Uhhhhh.... I might be the only member!

I found out after I bought the bike they didn't make yellow  for the 6th gen. Apparently the PO repainted it. I checked the code under the seat and it was indeed supposed to be red. 

Now under normal circumstances, I'd probably be mad about this being a respray, but 20 or so years ago I saw a Yellow VFR in a Honda showroom and fell in LOVE with it. I didn't have the cash then and always pined for one. The one thing I was insistent on was that if I ever got one it HAD to be YELLOW.

One day for S&G's I was browsing through cycle trader and found this one.  
two days later I drove to Pennsylvania to pick it up.
A day or two after that I found out it was a respray but it was the color I wanted and there didn't appear to be any underlying damage to the the bike (It had obviously been dropped, but it wasn't crashed) I did all the general maintenance you would normally do with an older used bike (Chain and sprockets, fluids, went back to a stock exhaust from open pipes I'm doing brake pads this summer) and have been as happy as a clam since. Such a fantastic machine! 

I’ve seen two. Yours may be one of the two or a third. I can’t remember who had them but both were seen at TMac years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My newly acquired vfr 750 F 1997, which I'm planning on streetfightering this winter.
And my customized, heavily modded and painted kawasaki zx6r 2006eda3cc0a5fa566000baa26257ada87f7.jpga2226d85060a713213dcaa21c2d304a9.jpg

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Man the green on that Kawi is gorgeous! 
Thanks! A big improvement over the lime green original color
You can't even see the real shine which pops with the metal flakes in the sun, in the pictures.
It's called Petronas evergreen, a Mercedes Benz color, I don't know what they have actually used the color for, but I think I saw it on the side of the formula 1 Mercedes car, as a stripe...

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, jstehman said:

I've got an 82 Magna that I brought back from the dead.38fd30bcd6f1df5337985f0e324d30b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

She looks in excellent health now jstehman, great job.

Thanks Philois1984.

It's always something that needs attention with a 38 year old gen 1 that someone left for dead.

Smitten with the Honda V4

Sell me the 97[mention=41972]iLikeThat[/mention]

Looks good for its age

Sure just pop on over to Norway to get it

It is in pretty good condition, 82k km (51k miles), some minor scuffs and cracks in right side fairing from a very low speed drop. Last owner was a colleague of mine who bought a brand new Honda cb500xa and just wanted to get rid of it, practically throwing it after me. He did most of the maintenance very recently, so the bike is in good shape mechanically as well.

Allready started ordering parts, bought a full tyga performance exhaust for it among other things.

On 6/28/2020 at 10:02 AM, Mohawk said:

My most recent bike is a Kawasaki Versys-X 300, that I use as a winter bike & for green lanes. Hope to take it on a tour to Spain. 

I totally thought that was a KLR at first.  With those wheels, knobbies, and handguards, it's easily mistaken for one.

• Member Contributer
I've got an 82 Magna that I brought back from the dead.38fd30bcd6f1df5337985f0e324d30b9.jpg

V4MB?

-Blackened

• Member Contributer
Yessir! I was just gonna say I'm pretty sure I've seen another yellow 6th gen somewhere

I figured there couldn't be too many other jstehman's with magna's out there!

• Member Contributer

I like sport touring and travelling, so after having a Honda ST1300, Goldwing and two FJR's, as I get older I was looking for a decent sport tourer that was 150 lbs. lighter and still very capable.... so I found this 2009 CBF1000A.  Here it is on a trip last year to Ohio.  The US did not get this bike, had the identical smaller engined CBF600.  Clocks in at 525 lbs., ergos similar to an FJR, but the CBF1000 is my fave and I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere.  Handles great, goes where you point it, smoothest powertrain ever at any rpm.  These can be had here low milers and toy money pricing.  Outstanding bike, really.

Always wanted a VFR800 5th Gen, so picked up this one with 109k kms (65k miles), and spent last winter stripping it down and cleaning it up.  Price was right.  Had a Magna restoration project back in the day, fell in love with the V4's.  The VFR will be more of a twisty rider for when I go to the good stuff, if I want to, I'll just put both on a trailer and go.  Not intending to put bags on it.  This pic the day I brought it home, will have to get some more pics later.

20190607_121253.jpg

Home_Dec28-3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Member Contributer

A 2018 Trek Domane SL5 with disc brakes and an old Lemond Buenos Aires.  I like both of them, one as much as the other. 

Archived