Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Bellisima! :beer:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got out for a little fresh air during this very weird "shelter in place" time. Been out of commission with a broken rib shortly after installing the new headers, forgot how damn good they sound. 

IMG_0105.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mountainslide said:

Got out for a little fresh air during this very weird "shelter in place" time. Been out of commission with a broken rib shortly after installing the new headers, forgot how damn good they sound. 

IMG_0105.jpg

What headers are they and what difference have they made ? Obviously cat removal but performance ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BeePee said:

What headers are they and what difference have they made ? Obviously cat removal but performance ?

They are the only ones available I could find, made by member on here Duc2V4. Butt dyno and the lighter front end in 1st and 2nd tell me a bit more power. Definitely a bit throatier than stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bug covered and dirty 2014 out next to the allergy factories.

IMG_20200412_135601.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washed all the bugs off finally. I'm guessing it'll be a week until I put more bugs on.

IMG_20200426_172735.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ready for flight!

20200512_124746.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

📍Clear Lake, CA

Before the stay home orders with my friends and all our red bikes. 

6F2D7CE6-30F4-4FF8-B6ED-63662ED23947.jpeg

4B1446AA-D4CC-44FC-9283-38A641EB3B83.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back from my mechanic, out and about for a shakedown.

IMG_20200528_200120.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2020 at 11:48 PM, lazyeye said:

Just back from my mechanic, out and about for a shakedown.

IMG_20200528_200120.jpg

I still love the look of these fabulous machines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day I went exploring, trying to find the route that the Butler map shows between two points. Edit: it appears I missed an important detail on the map and went the wrong way. We rode a paved mountain trail through tons of tree debris and over fallen trees until we simply ran out of pavement and had to go back. Oh well.  At least we got to see this great view.

IMG_20200531_144002.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 2:44 PM, lazyeye said:

The other day I went exploring, trying to find the route that the Butler map shows between two points. Edit: it appears I missed an important detail on the map and went the wrong way. We rode a paved mountain trail through tons of tree debris and over fallen trees until we simply ran out of pavement and had to go back. Oh well.  At least we got to see this great view.

IMG_20200531_144002.jpg

In those situations, I like to us the tried and true "I not lost, I just seeking alternate routes." I've never had to contend with fallen trees across my "route finding" though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got out to play on my new VFR, love it.....

West coast of Scotland

 

20200530-205048.jpg

 

20200607-120410.jpg

 

20200601-204202.jpg

 

20200606-164105.jpg

 

20200606-165435.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BeePee said:

Finally got out to play on my new VFR, love it.....

West coast of Scotland

 

20200530-205048.jpg

 

20200607-120410.jpg

 

20200601-204202.jpg

 

20200606-164105.jpg

 

20200606-165435.jpg

 

Enjoy the new bike mate, so lucky to have such great riding in Scotland. Looks like a beautiful day. Here in North Queensland we have great weather all year round but boring straight roads. Ride safe. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ThrottleStop - Elkhart Lake, WI - (the custom seat on the BMW is made by Bagster... might have to look into that brand.)

IMG_2774.thumb.jpg.10a31ca16b807c7d92bc88b2b3c16533.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rode 1100 miles this weekend. Dodged a few thunderstorms then got caught in a whole lot of cold rain and wind. Had to reroute to avoid a late spring snow storm at high elevation. 

IMG_20200612_161824.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, MaxSwell said:

In those situations, I like to us the tried and true "I not lost, I just seeking alternate routes." I've never had to contend with fallen trees across my "route finding" though. 

In my younger days, I would brave a gravel road for a bit if I ran into one.  I'd like to say I'm much wiser now, but I did it again a few weeks ago, but only for about half a mile before turning around.  That "road" was supposed to lead to a cool old bridge, but I never saw it, so I gave up and got back to the sweet safe haven of pavement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, TimC said:

In my younger days, I would brave a gravel road for a bit if I ran into one.  I'd like to say I'm much wiser now, but I did it again a few weeks ago, but only for about half a mile before turning around.  That "road" was supposed to lead to a cool old bridge, but I never saw it, so I gave up and got back to the sweet safe haven of pavement.

I have to say, in my getting lost travels, I've ridden lots of gravel roads and it did not take long to get over the reluctance to do it. There have been some gravel that turned to imbedded soccer-ball sized rocks. But, undeterred, I learned how to ride standing up and looking further into the distance to pick a general path, avoiding the really big ones. The tires did great, my knees got a workout, and no bad results. It was first gear for miles on end.

 

There was one road from Cedar City, UT to a back enterance to Zion National Park passing near Brians Head, labeled "closed in winter" that became a first-gear-for-miles road but, Holy Socks, what views I had of that other-worldly geology. 

 

Bottom line: gravel can be great.

 

edit: I realized this is a picture thread, but I got no picks. Sorry.

re-edit: I now recall where the incident in my first paragraph happened. I was riding up the west side of the Noxon Reservoir after camping in the most secluded public campground I'd ever used. Tarmac to the campground and part of the way north. Then deteriorated to a wide "goat trail".

 

This pic is from the campground:

 

NoxonResevior.JPG

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 9:41 PM, MaxSwell said:

I have to say, in my getting lost travels, I've ridden lots of gravel roads and it did not take long to get over the reluctance to do it. There have been some gravel that turned to imbedded soccer-ball sized rocks. But, undeterred, I learned how to ride standing up and looking further into the distance to pick a general path, avoiding the really big ones. The tires did great, my knees got a workout, and no bad results. It was first gear for miles on end.

 

There was one road from Cedar City, UT to a back enterance to Zion National Park passing near Brians Head, labeled "closed in winter" that became a first-gear-for-miles road but, Holy Socks, what views I had of that other-worldly geology. 

 

Bottom line: gravel can be great.

 

edit: I realized this is a picture thread, but I got no picks. Sorry.

I didn't mind an occasional gravel road for a few a while, but what changed my mind was almost getting stuck on one in the middle of nowhere after dark.  No cellphone service and no houses anywhere close.  I had stopped for some reason, and the bike came to rest at the edge of the road, with the rear wheel in a rut and the bike pointed slightly up, kind of toward the middle of the road.  I tried to move a couple times but spun the rear wheel.  The side angle of the road was acute enough I couldn't get my sidestand down to dismount and just walk the bike up the slight grade.  After a few tries I was able to get moving again, but that was it for me for gravel roads for a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 11:03 AM, TimC said:

I didn't mind an occasional gravel road for a few a while, but what changed my mind was almost getting stuck on one in the middle of nowhere after dark.  No cellphone service and no houses anywhere close.  I had stopped for some reason, and the bike came to rest at the edge of the road, with the rear wheel in a rut and the bike pointed slightly up, kind of toward the middle of the road.  I tried to move a couple times but spun the rear wheel.  The side angle of the road was acute enough I couldn't get my sidestand down to dismount and just walk the bike up the slight grade.  After a few tries I was able to get moving again, but that was it for me for gravel roads for a few years.

That would be a traumatic experience for most, including me. Perhaps I'd been lucky. But practice can bring knowledge and confidence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, MaxSwell said:

This campground looks amazing!  Great photo!  I'd sure like to find this place someday.  If I read your post correct, it's in MN?  I'm only one State away (Cheeseconsin).

 

 

 

NoxonResevior.JPG

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yaak River MT

20200605_185901.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out on the road. Sunset in the mountains. 

IMG_20200620_200638.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, lazyeye said:

Out on the road. Sunset in the mountains. 

IMG_20200620_200638.jpg

Great shot of the sun tucking itself to bed. I wish I could be more disciplined to stop for opportunistic photos.  Someone should start collecting the best of the best VFR landscape photos and put a calendar together... maybe sales

proceeds could go towards the VFRD website expenses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.