Post A Picture Of Your Vfr

vfr

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

ZX10 ?

+1... looks like Kawi components, could be ZX-14 with ZX-10 rim... can't tell if they are 4 or 6 piston calipers

• Member Contributer

Nice front end swap! Details???

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Looks like 07 GSXR1000

VFR rider pic. Rode the Dragon today.

1984 called. It wants its jacket back. :wink:

VFR rider pic. Rode the Dragon today.

421-768-RU889781.jpg

It's an old Bates jacket BUT it's a 1992 model .

• Member Contributer

Wife and I went for about 100 miles on 12/26/15 it was 84F and to nice to stay home.

Stopped for some fresh seafood and made it back home before sunset.

post-30227-0-06476300-1451693702.jpg

post-30227-0-34250800-1451694038.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wife and I went for about 100 miles on 12/26/15 it was 84F and to nice to stay home.

Stopped for some fresh seafood and made it back home before sunset.

Fuc#in sweeeet !

ZX10 ?

+1... looks like Kawi components, could be ZX-14 with ZX-10 rim... can't tell if they are 4 or 6 piston calipers

'08 Hayabusa with a K6 gsxr 750 fender ;) 4 pot Tokico's.

trying to figure out what to do with the oil cooler - it kisses the front guard under heavy braking - suggesitons?

• Member Contributer

ZX10 ?

trying to figure out what to do with the oil cooler - it kisses the front guard under heavy braking - suggesitons?

Nice.

Don't use the brakes, they just slow you down!

• Member Contributer

I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but here's my 2003 after a bit of a pre-track day fettle.

IMG_2604_zpsjhgodvmw.jpg

You shouldn't be bottoming out under heavy braking so you have some set up problems. I have done so many 6th gen fork swaps I can say you require a length of about 510mm from axle centre to bottom lower head stem bearing. Rider sag should be about 35-40mm & oil cooler moved forward about 10mm from standard mounting position. If your forks have been set up for weight etc & bottoming out with above ball park set up then add some compression forks as much as you can increase without effecting handling to much.

Bottom line you need full travel forks with no hard parts touching when that travel required because there will always be a time forks will bottom out like that pot hole you didn't see.

• Member Contributer

IMG_2123.jpg

Here's my 5th gen, restored after its recent "lie down at speed" on an oil spill. Did a brake de-link with some VTR fork lowers and CBR600F4 brakes while I was at it.

Archived