Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Where is this at currently? Numbers wise?

Depends... 15 are officially in... others are in under certain circumstances. .. I haven't added those to the list. Too many variables... I apologize, I can't keep up with every post. If you want to be added to the list please state clearly that you are in and I will add your name to the list in post #1. If you've been following the string you know what we are working on. Either you're in or you're out... we're trying to put together a system that will work under most circumstances on VFR800s. If you say your in then add a conditional "if" I'll wait to add you to the list. The request and specs have been sent to the fabricator. If you want in and your handle isn't on the list in post#1 then speak up...

• Member Contributer

Has any manufacturer ever offered a header system with performance oriented primary diameter and the correct cylinder pairing in a mass marketed solution with a stock outlet position(as opposed to one-off custom fabs)? Center stand compatibility would be nice if I wanted to put it on for a long trip, but definitely not a deal breaker.

• Member Contributer

After looking at the VFR400 headers some more, why don't we ask for a left exit kit for the 5 Gen?!

+100

I'd be willing to start a new interest list just for this.

1. vfrcapn

2. Duc2V4

Probably should put my name on their too.

Put me on the list for headers and mid pipe, I will go the CandyRed direction and mod it to work with my 05 slip ons.

Oh, did we ever hear back from Erion and co.? I know you said they were going to ask around as well. Just curious.

Nope... We didn't hear from Erion. I sent them an email a while back too. no response. I sent two brothers an email and called them and they blew me off. I even sent something to Delkevic, and no response. lol

Delkevic? Like they care. They've been making a killing on rebadged factory headers for years now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Nope... We didn't hear from Erion. I sent them an email a while back too. no response. I sent two brothers an email and called them and they blew me off. I even sent something to Delkevic, and no response. lol

Incorrect. This thread is in response to TBR contact (see post #1) and the discussion has moved a new direction. I spoke with Erion last Friday... he called me in response to an email request. See previous post regarding his response.

Put me on the list for headers and mid pipe, I will go the CandyRed direction and mod it to work with my 05 slip ons.

Oh, did we ever hear back from Erion and co.? I know you said they were going to ask around as well. Just curious.

You are on the list already in post #1.

Erion is checking with Akrapovic and Yoshimura... I emailed him yesterday as a follow-up. It has been a little longer than week since first contact and discussion on what we are looking for... I hope to hear back early this week.

Yeah I knew Erion was checking with Akra and Yosh, sorry it was late last night I should have been more specific, I was asking in regards to the follow up from them. Thanks for adding me to the list, didn't see myself!

• Member Contributer

Add my name to the list, headers only. Thanks

Done... didn't realize you were from my neck of the woods...

I'm interested, depending on price.

My stock jet-hot coated headers took a turn for the worse last year either on the way to, or back from, T-Mac.

Must have hit some calcium or something applied to the roads as they are corroding quite a bit and it's like a localized staining or spray pattern which is now rusting.

I could get them stripped and recoated, but.......

• Member Contributer

I'm interested, depending on price.

My stock jet-hot coated headers took a turn for the worse last year either on the way to, or back from, T-Mac.

Must have hit some calcium or something applied to the roads as they are corroding quite a bit and it's like a localized staining or spray pattern which is now rusting.

I could get them stripped and recoated, but.......

Bummer dude ...

"Voided, did you have contact info and/or want to make an introduction?

Cheers!"

So I suppose it's overdue. :)

I'm a 5 year rider out of a little town called Bucyrus, Ohio.

first bike was a Suzuki GSX650F on a salvage title. 1200 bucks auctioned. Busted steering stop and a bent fork totalled the bike. I had no idea about it, bought it sight unseen, no key, no mileage verification. noticed it still had nipples on the tires upon recieving it ( :D ) So I pulled the ignition, had a key specifically cut, and when I turned the key on it, it had 000061 miles. I wanted to pee my pants! so I got the forks for 400 bucks off a 1500 mile bike a company cut into a dual-front tire trike, sourced a front fender, got the steering stop welded up, got the title amended as rebuilt, with proper mileage stated, and rode a brand new bike for 2500 bucks all stories told after some paintwork. 22,000 miles later, I sold her for 2500 bucks (hah!)

0614012051a.jpg

I miss her. I really do!

but I now have an 07 VFR, bought with 5k on the clock. Wound up high-siding in san antonio in an oil slick. NOT FUN. no REAL damage besides the usual broken lever, broken shifter arm, cracked rearset, and a bad case of the uglies, so I visually rebuilt the bike. Now has 22 on the clocks. :D

working on ... basically, a CandyRedRC46 engine build, and the header is the hardest part. rapidbike's here, the airbox mods are all here, pipercross is here, smog crap is history, evap is history, center stand, history, ^_^ custom R1 slipons, -1 front, and some crossed fingers when it comes to dyno time when this header pans out. haha.

9563598024_95be559fad_k_zps4fac899e.jpg

That was mid-rebuild, when I was taking some required-for-navy advanced rider courses. hadn't gotten a proper set of mirrors, besides some bar-end garbage I ran for about a month or two, and hadn't sanded down and repainted the R1 can yet either. but there you have it. ^_^

20140520_020420_zpsi6i8l2jw.jpg

paint, mirrors, ect. :)

also, got the cans painted.

• Member Contributer

Nice looking bike! I love the color scheme...

Glad you finally got around to the intro, welcome to forum!

... although, I think Duc2V4 was referring to an introduction to Rod at HiPerform :goofy:

• Member Contributer

... although, I think Duc2V4 was referring to an introduction to Rod at HiPerform :goofy:

This ^^^

But I agree, nice paint scheme. Looks better outdoors in the sun!

While you're at it, look up the group buy on the Dimsport race module/harness. it WILL make a world of difference.

Yep, my order has already been placed, I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning when these two materialize.

• Member Contributer

Add my name to the list, headers only. Thanks

Done... didn't realize you were from my neck of the woods...

Yep, will have to get a ride together sometime.

Voided, is that a factory paint job or did you do that yourself? Because if you did it yourself I would love to know where to get the stripes from

looks like ebay chinese plastic. If you look at the gas tank, its a plastic cover.

Yep. and actually, it's www.aliexpress.com plastic.

That way you can get demo pictures to your email, and verification that the parts are in fact like OEM, instead of that glued-on mount awful fitment bullshit

just so NO to "compression molded" fairing kits.

INJECTION MOLDED is the only way the stuff doesn't wind up looking like hot garbage

Archived