Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

If you own a 99, why then would you need a header? .... lol

I like the specs, the centerstand, is in fact, a tab placed on the collector. it'll be easy for the fabricator to make a tab, from the specs from the stock header. can't be a big deal.

Has anyone forwarded these specs to Rod? Should I? considering I provided the olive branch? ahaha

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I was defering to Duc2V4 since he has been in communication with the fabicator and would be providing one of his bikes for mocking-up the exhaust... I think that would be the most efficient route of communication.

I'm dying to know a ball park cost on the system we seem to have come to consensus on....

• Member Contributer

Well my 2K model had the centre stand stop on the mid pipe, as the was not doable on my custom mid pipe, I just added a strip of silicone hose to the stand to act as a stop.

As some will want centre stand & some not, then either a clamp on stop on the pipe or a simple buffer like mine would be the best solution !

• Member Contributer

Sorry guys, got busy again. Can someone PM the specs you all agreed upon and I'll get them to Rod and see if he has any questions.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Sorry guys, got busy again. Can someone PM the specs you all agreed upon and I'll get them to Rod and see if he has any questions.

Cheers

See post 196... I'm not savvy like CC... I tried to multiquote and failed miserably. He captured several quotes to encompass the general consensus

I'll try to repost bits here:

single system to meet the largest number of peoples needs would be lightweight stainless steel, center stand stop, stock angle and placement of the header discharge, O2 bungs, and performance upgrades to include equal length larger ID primaries with small convergent angle collectors (<15 degrees if possible), mimic TBR cylinder connection scheme...

Slip on stubs to fit to the heads (with springs) Not much good if we cannot guarantee matching to the ports and gaskets don't protrude in to gas flow.

Good designed collectors

18 gauge 304 stainless steel with 1.5" tubing primaries, 1.63" tubing secondaries, 2.0" header collector discharge results in:

~35.6 mm ID primaries

~39 mm ID secondaries

~49mm ID header collector discharge

Does this meet team approval?

PS: Haven't gotten any mid-pipe ID measurments from people wanting to retain existing slip-ons so we don't have confirmation that this header discharge size will be plug & play

Rush, I think we might be onto something. If we can't get the 2bros mid pipe ID, let me know and I'll see if I can tear mine down and get a caliper to get an exact measurement. If someone else could step up though, that would be preferable. Been on a time crunch lately, and don't know that I've got the time to do that and keep mine rideable.

• Member Contributer

Rush, I think we might be onto something. If we can't get the 2bros mid pipe ID, let me know and I'll see if I can tear mine down and get a caliper to get an exact measurement. If someone else could step up though, that would be preferable. Been on a time crunch lately, and don't know that I've got the time to do that and keep mine rideable.

This might be a moot issue, my '09 has a 2Bros exhaust on it, mid-pipe and can (stock headers though) so he can take the measurement off my bike, unless you're talking about a different measurement.

D

This might be a moot issue, my '09 has a 2Bros exhaust on it, mid-pipe and can (stock headers though) so he can take the measurement off my bike, unless you're talking about a different measurement.

D

Welp, Looks like that eliminates any need for me to do any measurement. I'm getting pretty excited about the possibility of getting one of these. Much thanks to those that have done the legwork and to those that are making this happen.

• Member Contributer

Should be the same as the stock measurement of the header outlet pipe so that any slip on muffler already available can be used.

That's where I'm at, I wanna keep my current CF slip on. ---- Not committing at the moment, I'm deep into another resto on a different bike and its eating rectangular green things.

• Member Contributer

You guys certainly have put a lot of thought in to spec'ing these out ahead of time, nice job.

If we were doing this at my work we would have had a header built and delivered 2 months ago. Then just came up with the specs now. Then hired the guy back at twice the cost to re-do the header to the specs, gave him 6 months and then fired him for incompetence when he couldn't make the changes. Then we'd hire a new vendor to start over with our specs at 4x the price, they'd deliver the product as written. Only then would we realize the specs were out of date by that point and we'd spend the next two years paying for them to tweak the design.

In the end someone would notice a local builder had a copy at 1/20th the price, which was available all along.

:comp13:

:wink:

• Member Contributer

Should be the same as the stock measurement of the header outlet pipe so that any slip on muffler already available can be used.

2.125" ID stock 5th gen inlet muffler pipe opening at the slotted clamping point. 2" OD header collector discharge should work without a gasket (sealant?). Proceed as planned ... it should work for all slip-ons

• Member Contributer

That spec sound exactly what we want.

Count me in.

Thanks for everyones hard work. Great to see a collaborative effort come to fruition.

Cheers

Phil

• Member Contributer

mmmmmm...........tasty. I am definitely still in. Can't remember if I mentioned it before but as a 6th gen owner my preference would be stainless construction (maybe a Ti option?), fitted for a stock midpipe, center stand delete is ok.

RVFpipe1.jpg

• Member Contributer

RVFpipe1.jpg

RVFpipe2.jpg

That's his RVF400 header... I think the VFR header is in good hands....

I emailed the board's gathered/agreed specs to rod. he should be in touch in a day or two. :D

Thanks voided, I emailed Rod as well, but only after reading your post as I just got back home this morning, I asked him to reach out to me when he's ready to have my bike brought in.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

After looking at the VFR400 headers some more, why don't we ask for a left exit kit for the 5 Gen?!

• Member Contributer

After looking at the VFR400 headers some more, why don't we ask for a left exit kit for the 5 Gen?!

It's an interesting thought... my opinion is the more variations we ask for the more $$$ they all will be. If we have one model header that meets the majority of needs we should benefit on pricing from econonomy of scale. Left exit would have to be a full system and many want to re-use their existing slip-ons; personally, I'm not going to but others have made the request.

It looks great and would flow better without having to make the extra turn to come out right side, but... IIRC Mr RC45 drags his left exit pipes under agressive riding

• Member Contributer

+100

I'd be willing to start a new interest list just for this.

1. vfrcapn

Archived