Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Member Contributer

Has anyone considered Akrapovic? They have a slipon for the 2014 already, maybe they could be convinced to make a batch of titanium headers aswell ;) Wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap though ahaha

$3000 ?

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone considered Akrapovic? They have a slipon for the 2014 already, maybe they could be convinced to make a batch of titanium headers aswell ;) Wouldn't be anywhere near as cheap though ahaha

$3000 ?

Probably :( almost worth it for that purple titanium goodness :) wonder what it would save weight wise

• Member Contributer

$3000 ?

Probably :( almost worth it for that purple titanium goodness :) wonder what it would save weight wise

A bunch for sure ..

My two brothers full system weighs 12 pounds. 7 for the header, 2 for mid pipe and 3 for the muffler. I could imagine a titanium version weighing in at just 8 or nine pounds. This is compared to the 40 or 50 pounds of the factory system. That's a major savings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we should send out our immediate response of 25 systems, with the mandate, stock exit, to negate the need for a midpipe!

This guarentees that they'll run way past 100 orders, when the guys who've bought 2014 VFR's want to play as well.

I guarantee when people with VFR's start seeing full systems from two bro's and a real dyno sheet on ebay, there's another 25-30 guys inside of a few weeks that pull the trigger. I'd wager 1/10 of the actual vfr owners actually frequent boards.

It's HIGHLY obvious, they're in a position to change the exit of the header, if they no longer possess the jigs for the header they used to sell.

at least half of us want the exit to be in it's stock position, so we don't have to go to a muffler shop just to make it work.

• Member Contributer

My two brothers full system weighs 12 pounds. 7 for the header, 2 for mid pipe and 3 for the muffler. I could imagine a titanium version weighing in at just 8 or nine pounds. This is compared to the 40 or 50 pounds of the factory system. That's a major savings!

The tbros header is 3.5 lbs lighter than the stock non-cat header.

About the weight of a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast.

I think we should send out our immediate response of 25 systems, with the mandate, stock exit, to negate the need for a midpipe!

This guarentees that they'll run way past 100 orders, when the guys who've bought 2014 VFR's want to play as well.

I guarantee when people with VFR's start seeing full systems from two bro's and a real dyno sheet on ebay, there's another 25-30 guys inside of a few weeks that pull the trigger. I'd wager 1/10 of the actual vfr owners actually frequent boards.

It's HIGHLY obvious, they're in a position to change the exit of the header, if they no longer possess the jigs for the header they used to sell.

at least half of us want the exit to be in it's stock position, so we don't have to go to a muffler shop just to make it work.

They are also in a position to change the midpipe to fit 6th gens as well

• Member Contributer

$3000 ?

the TBR headers (~8 lbs) are like 3.5 lbs lighter than stock 98-99 catless headers (2000 - 2014 catted headers are significantly heavier) I would love Ti headers but I can't see spending more than $2000 extra to save 3 maybe 4 lbs over the TBR headers

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Another option for VFR headers might be Rod at Hi-perform in Southern California. He has made full exhaust systems for the VFR/RVF 400 in the past which were very nice. I contacted him about doing a full system for one of my VFR projects a few years ago, and he seemed interested. The price he quoted me wasn't too bad either considering it was going to be a one-off system. He also said he can make a jig for the exhaust to produce more than one.

May be worth looking into http://www.hiperform.com/new_page_3.htm

RVFpipe2.jpgRVFpipe1.jpg

Spiff:
You missed my point, entirely. If the exit in it's stock position, you will literally, put your stock midpipe to it, and be done. If TwoBros has to redesign the header, anyway, why not do it that way, instead of having 2 different midpipes they need to produce? It would then use stuff they already have the jigs for.

Kostrider:
Whoa. That's sexy as hell, does it come in 35-36mm primaries? ;)

• Member Contributer

Another option for VFR headers might be Rod at Hi-perform in Southern California. He has made full exhaust systems for the VFR/RVF 400 in the past which were very nice. I contacted him about doing a full system for one of my VFR projects a few years ago, and he seemed interested. The price he quoted me wasn't too bad either considering it was going to be a one-off system. He also said he can make a jig for the exhaust to produce more than one.

I looked into Hi-Perform and will be having them do a custom system for my 4th gen project. Their prices were good for a one-off.

• Member Contributer

I looked into Hi-Perform and will be having them do a custom system for my 4th gen project. Their prices were good for a one-off.

Wonder if they'd be willing to make up some VF1000R/F 4-1 exhausts...Looks like nice work.

TwinExRT.jpg

• Member Contributer

Pretty sure Rod will do just about anything if you're willing to pay for it. Like Yoshi said, his prices are reasonable for a one off system.

Come to think of it, I have a super rare two brothers full system on my NC30!

• Member Contributer

Is it a freakin' coincidence that the VFR on the frontpage is a beautiful 6th gen with a two bro's header and a custom midpipe?

I don't think so...

the curves of the two front pipes looks like a ceramic coated '98-'99 catless 5th gen header to me...

I thought it was a TBR at first too...

No it definitely is a 2 bros race header. It looks exactly like mine. Also the Erion has an additional spring loaded slip fittings on the bottom of the front primaries.

• Member Contributer

No it definitely is a 2 bros race header. It looks exactly like mine. Also the Erion has an additional spring loaded slip fittings on the bottom of the front primaries.

Pics gone... I went back to look at it, oh well. My first gander I thought the front primaries had the curvier "S" shape like the catless 5th gens... the TBR is straighter. The primary collectors definitely stacked up like the TBR... now I want to look at it more!!!!

• Member Contributer

une9ana7.jpg

There you go

Motad headers. Bought them from huntingguns last year.

• Member Contributer

Hmm I think there Motad headers and looks like they were own by huntingguns at one time ...

:491:

Wooooooooooaaaaa.... you should play the lottery :D

Archived