Potential Re-Release Of Two Brothers Racing Vfr800 Headers

Rush2112

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

The other thing that would be good with any pipe would be to have stubs to bolt up to the heads. Then spring retainers from the stubs to the headers.

The issue with even the TBR headers is that they bolt directly to the heads so there is no way of determining how well the headers match the ports and also if the gasket is protruding in to the gas flow.

With stubs, you can make sure that everything lines up for best flow, and you don't need to replace the gaskets if you pull the pipes off.

Similar to any of the other performance pipe for say inline 4's etc.

I'd be willing to give this guy a go as with a need for 100 units from TBR, I cannot see it occurring in the near future.

Bad luck I'm in New Zealand or I'd make my bike available as a test bed.

Phil

Also, I'd like to maintain my centre stand if at all possible as I still tour on the beast.

Phil

• Member Contributer

Guess what.... Talked to Erion Racing (called me on my cell). They had their headers made by an outfit in Japan. He can still source but they would be crazy expensive... spent a while talking to him and he feels for our cause. He asked specifically what we wanted and I conveyed the info that a stock exit configuration of the '98-'99 headers (angle and placement) would allow the headers to fit 1998 - 2009 + 2014 - ????. He wants to help and he is calling his friends at Yoshimura & Akropovic to see if they can work something out. I told him we already had 10 - 15 people interested and that seemed to be enough.

I'll keep you posted...

Where's that fingers crossed emoticon!!!

• Member Contributer

Well, i've been on the fence about this since I don't want to give up the two aftermarket (high and low mount) systems I have. If we can source something in stainless with a stock exit and a price of ~$600 I would definitely be in.

• Member Contributer

Well, that's interesting. So, a Japanese company like Yamamoto or TSR supplied the Erion headers... There used to be a lot of companies doing that, but they may not still be around. Tyga in Thailand used to (still does?) make aftermarket headers for the NR, so that's a V4 precedent as well...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Where in So Cal is he located and how long does he need the bike, I have a 5 Gen and a 6 Gen and a PCV installed on the 6 Gen and a PCV for the 5 Gen just not installed.

• Member Contributer

Where in So Cal is he located and how long does he need the bike, I have a 5 Gen and a 6 Gen and a PCV installed on the 6 Gen and a PCV for the 5 Gen just not installed.

2984 Bronco Lane, Norco, CA 92860

Looks to be 20-25 from Anaheim so about an hour from you depending on traffic :goofy:

• Member Contributer

2984 Bronco Lane, Norco, CA 92860 Looks to be 20-25 from Anaheim so about an hour from you depending on traffic :goofy:

Not that far at all, probably take less time to get there than Down Town LA, particularly if I go in the morning, all the traffic would be flowing my way.

As long as I get my bike back before the Golden State ride in September, I'm willing to lend him one or both bikes, but probably not simultaneously.

Voided, did you have contact info and/or want to make an introduction?

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Guess what.... Talked to Erion Racing (called me on my cell). They had their headers made by an outfit in Japan. He can still source but they would be crazy expensive... spent a while talking to him and he feels for our cause. He asked specifically what we wanted and I conveyed the info that a stock exit configuration of the '98-'99 headers (angle and placement) would allow the headers to fit 1998 - 2009 + 2014 - ????. He wants to help and he is calling his friends at Yoshimura & Akropovic to see if they can work something out. I told him we already had 10 - 15 people interested and that seemed to be enough.

I'll keep you posted...

Where's that fingers crossed emoticon!!!

Awesome! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Well as I'm in the UK, I'm at the mercy of you guys sorting this out, but if you can get a set made that match or exceed the TBR specs, for a good price, about USD750 would be the max I'd pay for a full system, but I'd only want headers, preferably with the stock exit location so I can use my custom high mount as is.

Keep up the good work & let me know if anything concrete gets arranged.

I have been toying with the idea of a Termignoni for the RC45. They are listed on the bay for approx USD1600 !!!! I thought was Ti but not its Stainless.

Might be worth having a chat with them as the 45 shares port locations with the 800 !

• Member Contributer

FYI All, I have sent Rod at Hiperform an email this afternoon letting him know that I have 2 VFRs he can use to mock up (5 & 6 Gen) we'll see what he says. Depending on how long he needs a bike, I don't have a problem offering him either bike, just don't want to be without both bikes at the same time and definitely not for longer than a few weeks.

We'll have to wait and see what he says and I'll post up here on this thread.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

Well if the TBRs become a reality count me in. I'd also be down for Hiperform option. Keep on it guys and thanks for the effort.

Andrew

• Member Contributer

OK, so I spoke with Rod at Hiperf and he said he would like to accommodate us but would like a consensus as to what we want exactly. Basically he would like to make one kit, rather than try to make several different builds. Also, when discussing the general interest that has been posted here, he did ask if we thought about the type of header assembly we would be most interested in, i.e. 1 piece (harder to install) or multi-piece (similar to OEM). What gains are we looking for i.e less weight, more HP all of the above. You get the gist.

I am willing to loan him my bikes but he did say that it would have to be when his welder has some time to look into them and that it could take up to 2 weeks for them to need to the bike in their shop. So if everyone interested can agree on what they are looking for, let's start the list now. Here's my 2 cents...Note if you wat a full system, then list that as well

1. Stainless Steel multi-piece header (OEM style) with standard exit position for mid pipe connection.

• Member Contributer

OK, so I spoke with Rod at Hiperf and he said he would like to accommodate us but would like a consensus as to what we want exactly. Basically he would like to make one kit, rather than try to make several different builds. Also, when discussing the general interest that has been posted here, he did ask if we thought about the type of header assembly we would be most interested in, i.e. 1 piece (harder to install) or multi-piece (similar to OEM). What gains are we looking for i.e less weight, more HP all of the above. You get the gist.

I am willing to loan him my bikes but he did say that it would have to be when his welder has some time to look into them and that it could take up to 2 weeks for them to need to the bike in their shop. So if everyone interested can agree on what they are looking for, let's start the list now. Here's my 2 cents...Note if you wat a full system, then list that as well

1. Stainless Steel multi-piece header (OEM style) with standard exit position for mid pipe connection.

2. Lightweight SS. Equal length larger ID primaries with small convergent angle collectors (<15 degrees if possible) to minimize turbulence and increase flow. TBR cylinder connection scheme with stock angle and placement of the header discharge. Maintaining center stand a bonus... I think it needs to be multi piece with the 90* V engine

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Personally I can live without my center stand. Having a stock mid pipe location seems important to most here though I could live without that too if it means less weight, and better flow. A 1 piece system better have significant performance gain for the additional headaches of installation.

BTW thanks to Duc2V4 for stepping up to help with this. If it happens I owe you a 22oz of your choice, and a bacon burger.

• Member Contributer

I agree with Rush2112 but I would like to maintain centre stand.

As I said in an earlier post, we should look at stub fittings at the ports as well.

Multi piece with spring fittings and standard placement for mid pipe.

• Member Contributer

2. Lightweight SS. Equal length larger ID primaries with small convergent angle collectors (<15 degrees if possible) to minimize turbulence and increase flow. TBR cylinder connection scheme with stock angle and placement of the header discharge. Maintaining center stand a bonus... I think it needs to be multi piece with the 90* V engine

3. Stainless multi-piece header with standard exit for 6th gen mid pipe. Willing to lose center stand, would love the specs in #2. Also would love a Ti option

• Member Contributer

3. Stainless multi-piece header with standard exit for 6th gen mid pipe. Willing to lose center stand, would love the specs in #2. Also would love a Ti option

I like this but I want to keep my centerstand. That's a deal breaker for me.

• Member Contributer

Not sure who is actually leading the charge here. Yes, I am offing my bike but that was just to help the masses in general and I wasn't necessarily taking point, but I think we should have a cut off as to when we feel we have enough input. What's the feeling amongst the group here?

Two things to remember, timeline will be based on how busy his welder is and how soon I can get him my bike. So far the only real ride I have planned with my 6 Gen is the Golden State ride at the end of September, but with 2 other options, it's not a deal breaker for me to be without it. I just prefer to use it for long distance rides.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

I think a single system to meet the largest number of peoples needs would be lightweight stainless steel, center stand stop, stock angle and placement of the header discharge, O2 bungs, and performance upgrades to include equal length larger ID primaries with small convergent angle collectors (<15 degrees if possible), mimic TBR cylinder connection scheme...

I'm still waiting to hear back from Erion since our discussion on Friday he is reaching out to Yoshimura & Akropovic.

Do we have any estimate on pricing from the guy you contacted?

• Member Contributer

I think a single system to meet the largest number of peoples needs would be lightweight stainless steel, center stand stop, stock angle and placement of the header discharge, O2 bungs, and performance upgrades to include equal length larger ID primaries with small convergent angle collectors (<15 degrees if possible), mimic TBR cylinder connection scheme...

I'm still waiting to hear back from Erion since our discussion on Friday he is reaching out to Yoshimura & Akropovic.

Do we have any estimate on pricing from the guy you contacted?

Agree with all of this, should we also spec the primary header size? 35mm?

Archived