Veefer Madness

paladinreed

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

David and Leon are both correct, it connects of the bottom of part number 16 (which I am sure you have replaced with a NOS energy drink can or some such coolness) where the arrow points outward...

• Member Contributer

David and Leon are both correct, it connects of the bottom of part number 16 (which I am sure you have replaced with a NOS energy drink can or some such coolness) where the arrow points outward...

Haha. Great thanks. And its not a NOS bottle unfortunately. The cool store was clear out of those. So I had to use another old Honda res from my Ruckus build. Drats.

post-28606-0-99383100-1396462565.jpg

• Member Contributer

http://spinfab.net/2014/03/26/then-and-now-the-other-rs-builds/

Thought I'd see it today but fedex changed the expected delivery date. No matter.... Just 24 hours right? (Argh!)

Anyhow, was forwarded this feature. A lot of awesome stuff coming from these guys if anyone is interested in old German and Japanese alloy.

• Member Contributer

post-28606-0-81630200-1396553277.jpg

Good news, it's beautiful. Bad news, it doesnt fit. Needs to be re-lipped. Trying to work out where the disconnect between myself and the builder happened. Looks like it will be a few more weeks until I can mount it but no matter it wasnt going on until the final stage of finishing anyhow. Feeling a little low about this but hopefully it will work out with no issues. . Hope to have another update this weekend.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

post-28606-0-23046700-1396558900.jpg

Dont know how to right the image rotating it in my gallery does nothing but this gives you an idea of the offset issue. Will work this out with the builder. Like I said I dont know where we miscommunicated.

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gif20140403_140638.jpg

Good news, it's beautiful. Bad news, it doesnt fit. Needs to be re-lipped. Trying to work out where the disconnect between myself and the builder happened. Looks like it will be a few more weeks until I can mount it but no matter it wasnt going on until the final stage of finishing anyhow. Feeling a little low about this but hopefully it will work out with no issues. . Hope to have another update this weekend.

Cheers

Is that wheel not supposed to be flipped around to face the other way? Should face out to direction lugs would go.

attachicon.gif20140403_140638.jpg

Cheers

Is that wheel not supposed to be flipped around to face the other way? Should face out to direction lugs would go.

Oh, you still have lugs. That wheel should face the other way.

• Member Contributer

Negative. It's mounted properly. It's a final offset issue. Meaning there is too much low/negative offset pushing the wheel too far out (toward us) this can be fixed with different sized lips on the front and back. I'm waiting to hear from him about how they calculated the final offset.

The stock vfr

17x5.5 et 19 according to my research

So I calculated this wheel to be built

17x6 et14 to more or less keep the same offset as the stock wheel

Something got mucked up in between.

What are you hitting?

Not hitting anything, just wrong lip sizing and offset :(

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gif20140403_122257.jpg

Dont know how to right the image rotating it in my gallery does nothing but this gives you an idea of the offset issue. Will work this out with the builder. Like I said I dont know where we miscommunicated.

The problem is the tyres on Backwards :) That's what confused you !

On a more realistic note, the Offset looks right, but it looks like your builder put the centre in back to front !

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gif20140403_122257.jpg

The problem is the tyres on Backwards :) That's what confused you !On a more realistic note, the Offset looks right, but it looks like your builder put the centre in back to front !

Tire is on proper and the face is mounted correctly haha. The front of the face has a threaded hub for the centercap and recessed for lug bolts/studs for the cap to clear.

The wheel is going back out to him today. Should be a quick turn around. He is going to raise the offset by downsizing the front lip and upsize the back lip by 1 inch respectively

post-28606-0-67854400-1396632759.jpg

As such

• Member Contributer

I see, said the blind man. You must be itching to ride that thing. Give it all a good once over before heading out. Hope the wheel gets sorted soon.

Best

• Member Contributer

Had never cleaned the bike with any sort of determination since the purchase and decided to take advantage of a beautiful day.

Thought everybody might enjoy some pics. It cleaned up pretty well for the first time through.

20140408_110619_zpse5b13154.jpg

20140408_200344_zps3ce6a289.jpg

20140408_200354_zpsd76f9338.jpg

20140408_200411_zpse8978916.jpg

20140408_200424_zps899cdb31.jpg

20140408_200437_zps74a0088d.jpg

20140408_200448_zps838ffd7d.jpg

20140408_200503_zpsfb0f9f86.jpg

20140408_200516_zpsd15bdf7e.jpg

Decided that in the end the frame, swinger, and sub will all be black. Shot a coat of black onto the bare metal to keep the surface from beginning to rust. Then had to mock it all together.

20140408_205201_zpscd1a4529.jpg

20140408_205226_zps0d2f9771.jpg

Also shot my oil cooler in some radiator paint satin black.

20140408_205239_zps375539e7.jpg

Getting close to the first ride but I still have to work with the harness a bit more, find a good place for the RR and mount the battery. Then it can go off for exhaust.

Cheers

PH

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately no real update. School has been kicking my butt and my wife says I need to get my priorities straight because apparently I need to graduate or something.

With that said, here is a mounted pic to get us by.

post-28606-0-70458500-1397494006.jpg

Thats not me, but my dad threw a leg over it and so I took his pic. Im about 3 inches taller than he is and I think it looks awesome with him atop it so I shouldnt have any problems with the ride/tail height etc.

Hope to have a better update this weekend.

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately no real update. School has been kicking my butt and my wife says I need to get my priorities straight because apparently I need to graduate or something.

This "Problem/Solution" is in Dutch but you will get the gist.....

post-8974-0-22207600-1397496032.jpg

• Member Contributer

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

All work and ......................

• Member Contributer

Thought I'd defy my responsibilities for a few more hours tonight. Tinkered here and there but ultimately got the wild hair to try and fire the bike up...

This ended in folly after I added fluids (fuel coolant oil: have yet to fill and bleed clutch or brake), hooked up the tip sensor, ignition, rr, battery, and ecm. Gave her the key, fuel pumped primed and starter rely clicked, bike lugged a couple of times but seemed like dead battery. Tried a couple more pushes of the starter switch to the same response.

Decided to stop and think for a sec, and saw a little puff of smoke down but the hharness. disconnected everything and found this. Green and lavender wire. Doesnt look burnt just worn almost through. It goes to the black connector on the ecm.

decided I was conquered for the day...

*facepalm*

post-28606-0-08323400-1397532050.jpg

Other news... spoke to a guy today about vinyl wrapping the tank and tail. This is a sneak peek at the color. Its the darker of the two.

post-28606-0-88146400-1397532159.jpg

• Member Contributer

Made necessary repair to the exposed wire. I'm popping the 10a starter fuse every time I try to turn it over. Thoughts?

Currently just have the battery ground on a random bolt on the frame and the large 4 wire ground on a bolt on the swinger. My temporary locations a problem?

Archived