Veefer Madness

paladinreed

• Member Contributer

Hope you get along with that neighbor. That's pushing it a little :491:

C'mon Pal, I wanna see a ride report... :lurk::computer-noworky::laughing6-hehe:

Well shes a little old lady who I've libed by since we've owned the place. 7 years or so.

And she brought me cookies while I was building it to I took that as a good sign haha

But in all seriousness it was just useless space between our garages that I gave purpose to so I dont think it is gonna be a big deal.

Hoping to ride in the next couple of weeks. I go to Asia for June July and August so trust me I'm trying to to maximize my season riding. Might have to just put it together and ride it unfinished for the next couple of months. I dont know. We'll see.

Sorry about the cursing...

We're not offended, just trying to keep the place family friendly.

Welcome. :cool:

thanks Baileyrock

I just turned the monitor looks good to me !!!!

Thanks!

I wanna end up in your neck of the woods sometime to hit up some rides but will probably have to wait until fall unfortunately

Stay tuned more to come this week. And then hopefully exhaust next week

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hope you get along with that neighbor. That's pushing it a little :491:

C'mon Pal, I wanna see a ride report... :lurk::computer-noworky::laughing6-hehe:

Well shes a little old lady who I've libed by since we've owned the place. 7 years or so.

And she brought me cookies while I was building it to I took that as a good sign haha

But in all seriousness it was just useless space between our garages that I gave purpose to so I dont think it is gonna be a big deal.

Hoping to ride in the next couple of weeks. I go to Asia for June July and August so trust me I'm trying to to maximize my season riding. Might have to just put it together and ride it unfinished for the next couple of months. I dont know. We'll see.

Sorry about the cursing...

We're not offended, just trying to keep the place family friendly.

Welcome. :cool:

thanks Baileyrock

I just turned the monitor looks good to me !!!!

Thanks!

I wanna end up in your neck of the woods sometime to hit up some rides but will probably have to wait until fall unfortunately

Stay tuned more to come this week. And then hopefully exhaust next week

Let me know when ...

• Member Contributer

hahaha I bet you left just enough space for your wife to just fit through with a bucket of paint and brush......

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Welding up the sub for the battery box.

post-28606-0-40508900-1395724715.jpg

post-28606-0-40963800-1395724741.jpg

Also got my oil lines made up.

post-28606-0-53456100-1395724791.jpg

Looking forward to this weekend.

Brake line measurements are all made and I'm taking them to the hydraulics guy who did the oil lines. He also does braide brake lines and I'll have him do me a clutch line as well. Hopefully mid next week it will be running. Going to put a heavy weekend into it with any luck.

• Member Contributer

Got this thing to build a 954 shock adapter out of. $42 shipped I think. 2x2x12. I'll use it for a couple of other things as well and it will be nice to have around.

Also have a bunch of parts for sale in the Classifieds if you need any parts. Looking to find a bare 5th gen frame with a clean title for cheap/free if anyone has a lead. I'm going to swap everything over to a clean frame when I go to powder the frame/swingarm.

post-28606-0-98443100-1395766404.jpg

• Member Contributer

Good work man! Keep checking things off the list! If I were to make any suggestions… and keep in mind I have no idea what your final plan is, but I'm not sure I like the look of the two rounded filler panels below the tank. Maybe the top one could be cut with a straighter line on a bit of a slant?

And let me just say… the ducati tail is pure magic on your bike!

The tail looks perfect to me, Reed.

The only work I've done to mine recently is bolt a top box to the pillion seat - i had to use it as a commuter temporarily. I'm really keen to see the headlight go on because i'm sick of the 35/35w acerbis that i have at the moment.

• Member Contributer

with the passenger seat perched that high, we definately need a picture of your girl- or boyfriend!!

(want to be sensitive and polical correct as not to offend anyone here on VFRD :goofy: )

• Member Contributer

Good work man! Keep checking things off the list! If I were to make any suggestions and keep in mind I have no idea what your final plan is, but I'm not sure I like the look of the two rounded filler panels below the tank. Maybe the top one could be cut with a straighter line on a bit of a slant?

And let me just say the ducati tail is pure magic on your bike!

Thanks bud, I've yet to complete the sub, I'm going to give myself a few days of looking at it to decide where I want to go to finish it up. But I think I like it well enough. It certainly looks better with the welds smoothed out and blended it all flows much better. I'll get better pics of that up soon.

The tail looks perfect to me, Reed.

The only work I've done to mine recently is bolt a top box to the pillion seat - i had to use it as a commuter temporarily. I'm really keen to see the headlight go on because i'm sick of the 35/35w acerbis that i have at the moment.

Thanks Keef. Yeah I think this last incarnation left the sub ride height and angle perfect. It is very similar in angle as the Duc streetfighter and I can flatfoot it with ease and I'm only 5'11" so anyone bigger would probably be too cramped on it. My biggest worry when building the vfr was that proportionally I was going to have a hard time making the bike look my size and not too large underneath me. As it gets closer I'm happy to say that we will be a good match.

I was always struck by how small and tidy ApexAndy's 4th gen looked with him on top of it and was hoping for a similar result.

What headlight are you going to upgrade to by the way? The acerbic doesn't do your build the justice it deserves. I personally think a svelt single round would look tits on your 5th gen. Like a Harley V-Rod unit or something.

with the passenger seat perched that high, we definately need a picture of your girl- or boyfriend!!

(want to be sensitive and polical correct as not to offend anyone here on VFRD :goofy: )

Hey Dutchy

Well, my boyfriend doesn't like online exposure so I won't post up his pic, but my wife doesn't seem to mind perching up there on the back and she's got some killer beautiful, long legs and won't have a hard time nesting on the back of the viffer.

You wanted a pic, here she is on a recent vacation to the beach we took. She's stunning.

post-28606-0-88355300-1396294390.jpg

• Member Contributer

Plugged the rad temp switch bung with an m18 bolt from the hardware store and got some side brackets from the sv650. Think im going to mount it tonight with the temp sensor from koso

post-28606-0-17668400-1396303898.jpg

post-28606-0-10596400-1396303923.jpg

• Member Contributer

The fact that your wife's knees bend backward must come in handy for something...

• Member Contributer

^^ You are too generous.

I can hardly wait to see the shock mount you carve from that chunk of alloy and the SV rad swap to eliminate the ugly side hangers when converting to a naked bike is much more worthy than an observational comment about a lovely bird. :wink:

Keep up the good work.

• Member Contributer

So, did the COP mod. just crimped the wires all together. Shrink wrapped the wires independently and then together for max protection. Wondering if I should add some "boots" to the somewhat more exposed connectors on the cbr1000rr plugs.

20140401_211008_zps8f86b6b9.jpg

Got under the tank again tonight. Decided to do the complete flapper removal and snorkel delete. Made an unsightly scratch on the top of the flapper tunnel so I covered it in heat wrap. Plugged it with an old BMW shock mount cap and then decided to do a strip on the snorkel side to match. Don't know if I care for it but it looks better than the awful scratch it did have. Might just break down and wrap the whole thing up for snickers and giggles.

20140401_211020_zpsde770f61.jpg

Also tucked the wiring up in the neck of the inside frame. Boy did this suck. Not looking forward to working with trimming the harness but am looking forward to the added benefits. That will come in phase two after I've sorted everything out.

It is much better looking without her guts all hanging out everywhere.

20140401_211645_zps639dfdd7.jpg

Still shooting to have her running this week/weekend. Wish me luck. Should also have an even bigger update tomorrow. . . . . dun dun dun.

:491:

PH

• Member Contributer

How do the 1000rr COPs fit lengthwise? Do they stick out of the valve cover a lot? What year did you use?

2010 1krr iirc. They don't stick out too far. 3/4 of and inch perhaps just buy the plugs and the harness side. Cut apart the harness side and splice them in. The 1krr wires match perfectly the wires on the vfr down to the exact colors so just match them up. They should have plenty of length so no added wires or anything like that.

Hoping they fire right up and I don't have any issues. The bike hasn't ran in 5 months and I've put my hand on a lot of things.

I'm gonna lurk on your thread....

attachicon.gifDSCF3760.JPG

Welcome. Looks like the thread carries your namesake haha. How funny. Didn't know that.

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know where the small diameter cooling hose coming off of the thermostat goes or if I can plug it. It's the one that originally wrapped around the front of the motor I think. Removed it and have since then forgotten.

• Member Contributer

Is it the air bleed hose?

...or the cross connect hose to join the two rads?

• Member Contributer

Part 39 in this schem. Calls it a bulk vacuum hose, sits right on top of the thermostat where the right side coolant hose exits.

Do I need this hose at length or can I just put a filter on this vacuum exit?

post-28606-0-29100800-1396448103.jpg

Archived