4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Leaving Hotdog Johnny's in Buttzville, NJ @ 1:30PM Friday for Lange's if anyone wants to tag along. I have to warn you that Greek71 will most likely be along also. :cheerleader:

Randy

Leaving Hotdog Johnny's in Buttzville, NJ @ 1:30PM Friday for Lange's if anyone wants to tag along. I have to warn you that Greek71 will most likely be along also. :cheerleader:

Randy

:blink: REALLY!...at first read I thought 'Hotdog Johnny's in Buttzville' was an inside joke, but NO...it exists... :laughing6-hehe: not that there's anything wrong with that....

I've got to eat there one day, just to say I did...

Brian

• Member Contributer

Randy

I'll check the weather......and I believe I have Jimmy and Burnsy in tow. How'd you plan on going up?

Mikey?????? you gonna' make this one?

He's gonna be with the fast group too...

Mmm.... no.

:laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

I have to warn you that Greek71 will most likely be along also. :cheerleader:

nuf sed.

Ahhhhhh, " a rose by any other name........................... :pinocchio: "

:beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

• Member Contributer

Randy

I'll check the weather......and I believe I have Jimmy and Burnsy in tow. How'd you plan on going up?

Mikey?????? you gonna' make this one?

Back roads thru Jersey 519 etc. then up through Ellenville & Phoenicia

• Member Contributer

New skins on (scrubbed them in a little bit today) check

went over the bike.. check.

bought some Frogg Toggs (just in case) check.

just finish packin' and waitin' for the rain to clear... looks like we be rollin first thing Friday morning! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I'll be coming from Montreal, leaving Friday morning, but taking the 'Long Way Down' through parts of Adirondack Park, staying away from the 87 as much as possible. I've mapped out about a third of the route so far, entering the US at Trout River (30), down to Malone, cutting southeast through Jay, working my way to the glorious Tracy Road - Ensign Pond roads. It's about 600km in total and I've mapped out 250km of it. I'll try to post up the gdb file tomorrow eve.

Brian

I have attached the GPS file of the route I'm taking down from Malone to Lange Groveside. As you can see, it really is the long way down. I expect to take 8 hours to get there instead of 4 by slab. :biggrin:

For the less 'sophisticated' :dry: amongst us, here is the Google maps version...what am I saying, I can't even figure out how to post a map graphic view :blush: ! That's a hint for "how the heck do you do that?"

Google map

CU all Friday night, weather permitting :bliss: ..

Brian

I would recommend avoiding Rt.10 from Cobleskill to Stamford. Its very bumpy from frost heaves with lots of busted up pavement. I would take 145 to 30 and "detour" onto a twisty road around the back side of the reservoir and then back to 23 as shown in this link

google link

I'll be coming from Montreal, leaving Friday morning, but taking the 'Long Way Down' through parts of Adirondack Park, staying away from the 87 as much as possible. I've mapped out about a third of the route so far, entering the US at Trout River (30), down to Malone, cutting southeast through Jay, working my way to the glorious Tracy Road - Ensign Pond roads. It's about 600km in total and I've mapped out 250km of it. I'll try to post up the gdb file tomorrow eve.

Brian

I have attached the GPS file of the route I'm taking down from Malone to Lange Groveside. As you can see, it really is the long way down. I expect to take 8 hours to get there instead of 4 by slab. :biggrin:

For the less 'sophisticated' :dry: amongst us, here is the Google maps version...what am I saying, I can't even figure out how to post a map graphic view :blush: ! That's a hint for "how the heck do you do that?"

Google map

CU all Friday night, weather permitting :bliss: ..

Brian

I would recommend avoiding Rt.10 from Cobleskill to Stamford. Its very bumpy from frost heaves with lots of busted up pavement. I would take 145 to 30 and "detour" onto a twisty road around the back side of the reservoir and then back to 23 as shown in this link

google link

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll adjust accordingly.

Brian

• Member Contributer

I think I'll be heading out between 3-4. That will put me at the truck stop in Canann an hour(ish) after that.

Intersection of NY 22 and US90

Full Size

I'll PM my digits...

• Member Contributer

Twox48, joneill, y2kvfr, do we have a plan yet? It's looking like suck-tastic weather for the ride out, FREE BIKE WASH :fing02:

Alpha,

I am going to watch the weather tomorrow and see... I am leaning towards a later start than I was thinking... I'm thinking maybe a 3:00-4:00 start from Sterling? If it's not stopped by then (which it may not be) I'll be riding towards the end of it and hopefully hit dry roads before I get to NY! If I get there before dark, great. If not, I'll live!

Jack, what are your thoughts?

• Member Contributer

If you boys check the radar, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the worst of the storm is graciously bypassing the Catskills. :fing02:

My fingers are X'ed wishing you guys the best from the weather Gods for your ride. beer.gif

• Member Contributer

If you boys check the radar, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the worst of the storm is graciously bypassing the Catskills. :fing02:

So far that is... There's still some pretty heavy stuff south of us. What I saw early this am was that it was going to head north today, then more easterly tomorrow... Cummon weather Gods... let's get a move on and push it thru faster!

• Member Contributer

Sorry Seb... I gotta back out this year... Just too much going on with the new house and all... Looks like the weather will clear and be pretty good for the weekend... Hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend of riding... See ya next time.

Sorry Seb... I gotta back out this year... Just too much going on with the new house and all... Looks like the weather will clear and be pretty good for the weekend... Hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend of riding... See ya next time.

Chris, after canceling last year's ride for the same reason, I can't hold it against you! Congrats again, and good luck getting everything in order! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Twox48, joneill, y2kvfr, do we have a plan yet? It's looking like suck-tastic weather for the ride out, FREE BIKE WASH :fing02:

Alpha,

I am going to watch the weather tomorrow and see... I am leaning towards a later start than I was thinking... I'm thinking maybe a 3:00-4:00 start from Sterling? If it's not stopped by then (which it may not be) I'll be riding towards the end of it and hopefully hit dry roads before I get to NY! If I get there before dark, great. If not, I'll live!

Jack, what are your thoughts?

I am going to leave later Friday afternoon. If I slab it out Rt90, it is 3:15-3:45 hours out. I will time it so as to be there before dark, so as to avoid the deer. At 3:00PM it will be rain in Leominster but should be showers in Springfield through LEE by 4PM. I will keep my eye on the hourly forecast on Intellicast. If you want to ride out together ping me tonight or tomorrow morning.

Jack

Archived