4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I am officially out. :mad: Had clearance from travel to ride my bike up for meetings in CT on Tues-Wed of the following week but now have to be in Phoenix from Saturday through Thursday for other business.

I will ride those roads one day soon though.

You guys be safe and have fun!

keith

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am officially out. :mad: Had clearance from travel to ride my bike up for meetings in CT on Tues-Wed of the following week but now have to be in Phoenix from Saturday through Thursday for other business.

I will ride those roads one day soon though.

You guys be safe and have fun!

keith

that sux. :pissed:

I'm going to try and make it for Sat. Lots going on here, tho. What is the expected launch and end times for Sat?

9am launch Sat morning, no idea when we'll be back but you can plan on the ride taking all day! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

It's getting close!

I was hoping to leave central MA early afternoon on Friday with Joe Bone. Any others headed west that might want to join up? I'm flexible and could leave a little later if need be... Post up if interested a Eastern Crew group arrival to Lange's...

How about ride route files? Do you have them finalized yet? I recently got a Garmin Zumo and will need to load any routes prior to Friday as I don't have a laptop to bring. I know you had mentioned a 300-350 mile loop. Call me a sissy but my a$$ is usually no good after 275-300 miles... You got any routes that can be cut shorter if needed or am I the only candy a$$?

Lastly, I was looking mapping the hotel address and came up with 3 different locations for the same address so I figured I'd check Lange's website this am. No dice...it's gone? I know it did exist before as I remember seeing it... what's up with that?

I'm headed that way some time on Friday. I haven't decided what time or a route yet. What time are you guys headed out?

• Member Contributer

I'm headed that way some time on Friday. I haven't decided what time or a route yet. What time are you guys headed out?

46Alpha, I was hoping to leave somewhere around 1:00ish from Central MA although I am flexible depending on what the majority needs. I was hoping to do a "limited highway" route to Acra but if we leave later I can adjust my route and add some slab to make up some time. Let's get a consensus by mid-week and go from there? Sound ok? My main objective is to be able to arrive before dark and dinner!

I think I saw a few "Nor'easters" that were planning on making the voyage. Just need to see who might be able to converge & make the trek together!

Y2KVFR?

Joneill?

Anyone else? Any from North o' the border ??

• Member Contributer

I am officially out. :mad: Had clearance from travel to ride my bike up for meetings in CT on Tues-Wed of the following week but now have to go to a bar court cause some DC cop gave me a invite ticket.

keith

Fixed that for ya

• Member Contributer

46Alpha, I was hoping to leave somewhere around 1:00ish from Central MA although I am flexible depending on what the majority needs. I was hoping to do a "limited highway" route to Acra but if we leave later I can adjust my route and add some slab to make up some time. Let's get a consensus by mid-week and go from there? Sound ok? My main objective is to be able to arrive before dark and dinner!

I think I saw a few "Nor'easters" that were planning on making the voyage. Just need to see who might be able to converge & make the trek together!

Y2KVFR?

Joneill?

I am just down the road from you. Depending on the weather I can be talked into a longer "scenic" route. I have Friday off so my plans are flexible.

Jack

• Member Contributer

I am officially out. :mad: Had clearance from travel to ride my bike up for meetings in CT on Tues-Wed of the following week but now have to go to a bar court cause some DC cop gave me a invite ticket.

keith

Fixed that for ya

:fing02: wish it was that easy...got the little 500 to fire up this weekend....needs some carb work, idleing like crap and running rough. i just got my scala g4 in and can hardly wait to get out for a ride with minicarver....he is a quick study but needs more miles under his belt, was gtonna try to ride up with him all back roads.

next time...Timmy too!

Y2KVFR?

Joneill?

I'll be coming from Montreal, leaving Friday morning, but taking the 'Long Way Down' through parts of Adirondack Park, staying away from the 87 as much as possible. I've mapped out about a third of the route so far, entering the US at Trout River (30), down to Malone, cutting southeast through Jay, working my way to the glorious Tracy Road - Ensign Pond roads. It's about 600km in total and I've mapped out 250km of it. I'll try to post up the gdb file tomorrow eve.

Brian

• Member Contributer

Twox48 & 46Alpha:

Depending on when my pillion gets out of work, I was planning around 3-4pm departure from the Berkshires. It's only a 1.5 hour trek to the 'skills from my house.

So... if you figure out your route, we can meet up. If you end up slabbing on US90 (mass pike), there is an easy meet up place (truck stop) or if you are going MA9, MA2 or what not I'm positive we can find a spot.

-trav

• Member Contributer

Y2KVFR?

Joneill?

I'm totally flexible. I had a tentative plan to leave somewhat early and take Rt 2 all the way out to NY and then head south. Did that last year, good road. But I've got the whole day off Friday, so I can really do just about anything.

• Member Contributer

46 Alpha, Jack & Travis,

Sounds like we should be able to rondezvous. I need to make an appearance at work in the am on Friday. I was hoping to be able to get out and leave Sterling around 1:00. I played a bit last night and thought a route southwest to pick up Mass Pike in Palmer, slab to Stockbridge then I think it was rte 7 to 23 out to Acra. That gave me a 3+ hr ride. Take out the Mass pike and it jumped to about 4 hrs.

We could shoot for meeting with Travis somewhere around Stockbridge somewhere around 3:30 - 4:00??

Another option I can play with is to head west on 2 or 9 then catch Travis and go from there...

Y2KVFR?

Joneill?

I'll be coming from Montreal, leaving Friday morning, but taking the 'Long Way Down' through parts of Adirondack Park, staying away from the 87 as much as possible. I've mapped out about a third of the route so far, entering the US at Trout River (30), down to Malone, cutting southeast through Jay, working my way to the glorious Tracy Road - Ensign Pond roads. It's about 600km in total and I've mapped out 250km of it. I'll try to post up the gdb file tomorrow eve.

Brian

I have attached the GPS file of the route I'm taking down from Malone to Lange Groveside. As you can see, it really is the long way down. I expect to take 8 hours to get there instead of 4 by slab. :biggrin:

For the less 'sophisticated' :dry: amongst us, here is the Google maps version...what am I saying, I can't even figure out how to post a map graphic view :blush: ! That's a hint for "how the heck do you do that?"

Google map

CU all Friday night, weather permitting :bliss: ..

Brian

Catskills 10.gdb

[Finalizing routes today and will be teaching myself to convert them to gps files tonight... I will have a shorter loop for scenic group/ candy azzes... :biggrin: The long loop will be just over 300.

I SAYS PARDON!!! Well... I Snap!!! I Lose it!!!

Candy azz!!! I am not the one who won't but his VFR on the track! You wussy... but I have digressed.

See you all Friday :fing02:

Brian, from the end point on your map you have a ways further east on Route 23 before you get to Langes Grove. Better double check that end point! C Ya Friday evening then.

Brian, from the end point on your map you have a ways further east on Route 23 before you get to Langes Grove. Better double check that end point! C Ya Friday evening then.

Yep, an extra 51km to Lange's...

Man, you guys don't miss a beat. My GPS file has the Lange's Grove as a waypoint (which I did first). By the time I got the Google mapping to Route 23, I figured the jist of my route was clear. I should have known you keeners would take all of a hour or so to notice that I cheated on that last bit :blush: .

Thanks for pointing that out, a little more and I gonna get all teary eyed with your TLC... :wub:

This is gonna be a good one :fing02:

Brian

• Member Contributer

Sorry for (still) being a gps noob - but will .gpx files work for you guys?

.gpx is perfect for me!

I'm sure there are other file types that can be used on my Garmin but I'm also a GPS noob... I'll stick with the ones I know!

Weather looks good right now for Saturday - 0% chance of rain, high in the 60's. :beer:

One caveat, it's supposed to rain like hell tomorrow, so a note to everyone to keep themselves in check and expect the unexpected when it comes to leaves/sticks/possible sand washes on the roads this weekend!

I called Lange's yesterday to remind them to have a pile of wood & ping pong supplies ready at the pavilion. The guy I talked to informed me that all is ready, and there is a can of gas ready next to the fire pit too! (seriously!!) :goofy:

Archived