4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

Well, after taking a break last year, I'm doing it again! Hosting this the fourth Annual Fall Ride in the Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York. Come enjoy some great roads and great views!!

It's too early to predict the weather, so be prepared for rain & cold, and preferably sunshine on the weekend of October 1-3, 2010.

The last three events have been great! The first couple events I ended the day feeling like I hadn't shown folks enough. 2008 was the first multiple-day event, with an earlier "kickstands up" time on Saturday morning. Met for breakfast and spent the entire day riding all kinds of roads. Scenic roads, slow roads, fast roads, twisty roads - it was great!

So, I am talking again with Lange's Grove Side, where we stayed last time. "The Sarge" is still in charge, however was suffering from an illness and I wasn't able to speak with him directly. I will verify the info I got from the desk clerk yesterday and will post full details in a Sign Up thread ASAP. Looks like rooms will be $50/night again, with all rooms the same price for any number of guests per room.

PLEASE SEE THE HOTEL INFO THREAD HERE: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/62249-4th-annual-fall-ride-in-the-catskills-oct-1-3-2010/

I would like to see folks arriving on Friday evening with a possible dinner meet, if enough are coming early I will organize a small route or ice cream run for the evening. I will also be talking with some local resorts about the possibility of catering or hosting a dinner on Saturday night. I would like to work out a "price per head" for a dinner including a few drinks. Would like to do a pizza dinner again for Friday, we can use Lange's dining room if needed.

PLEASE SEE THE DINNER THREAD HERE: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/62008-4th-annual-fall-ride-in-the-catskills-group-dinner/page__pid__726922#entry726922

Looking to make a 300-350 mile ride on Saturday the 2nd. Will have a short Sat loop available also. Anyone wanting to do a shorter loop, or to extend their stay for another ride is welcome to join me on Sunday for another round, with a later "kickstands up". I can easily change the length of the loop and waypoints to make meeting and departing simple.

Haven't had anyone leave disappointed yet, and this year I have scoped out more great roads! In the last couple years, the early parts of the loops have been somewhat stitched together with small roads, this year I am looking to just keep the better ones, and add some longer roads in. We will cover almost the entire Catskill park! *New for this year, a bunch of the roads have been repaved '09 & '10!*

Emphasis on fun and safety, and, of course, lunch! :cheerleader: Pending the number of attendees and the spread of skill level, I will ask for lead & sweep volunteers for more than one group again. A big Thank You to all who have volunteered in the past, you were great!

Please post if you are interested in attending on the dates listed above! Remember, the main ride will be Saturday, but I would like to get an early start so we can take pictures, have a nice lunch, and finish the loop for the day!

Please also post any questions or concerns you may have!

Some pics to lure you in:

gallery_491_3395_748919.jpeg

What a lineup! The group re-groups at the 5-state lookout off of Rt. 23C near Windham, NY.

Foliage.jpg

Lunchflock.jpg

Howdoyouspellthatagain.jpg

See you all again soon! :musik20:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Calendar is already marked off. Weekend is clear. Will have pillion, so if there is a not-so-seb's-speed I'll be in that group.

And I can sweep....

-trav

Calendar is already marked off. Weekend is clear. Will have pillion, so if there is a not-so-seb's-speed I'll be in that group.

And I can sweep....

-trav

I've got a broom ready, meet me at my garage! :fing02:

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

This falls on the weekend of my birthday. Will have to check with the management.

Really hoping to make it this year.

• Member Contributer

And I can sweep....

-trav

I've got a broom ready, meet me at my garage! :biggrin:

:fing02:

He'll be sweeping, and I'll be mowing.

• Member Contributer

And I can sweep....

-trav

I've got a broom ready, meet me at my garage! :biggrin:

:fing02:

If I could _*SEE*_ the floor of your garage I'd gladly sweep it! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I am VERY VERY VERRRRRY glad to see this post. Calendar is marked; clearance for take-off has been granted; recently instally PR2's; a set of rear brake pads going on soon along with a head bearing replacement and shock swap.

Burns? Timmy??? I say we run Thursday to the Poconos, crash at Betty's (Dutchman for Thursday night conversation and ironman shots with some of the more sturdy women of the Poconos) and depending on Steve's departure plan, hook and book toLange's on Friday morning... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Potential is there for me. I've been working on a seat for the RC45 tail and can say with great confidence that there will be no 350 miles days for me. It is hella thin!

• Member Contributer

Got my "preliminary ok" from my social director and am 99% sure I'll be headed to the Catskills to join you all...

Would like to head out Fri. early afternoon from central MA with a buddy on his FZ6. Will try to round up Phat Pat and Bliss again...

Potential is there for me. I've been working on a seat for the RC45 tail and can say with great confidence that there will be no 350 miles days for me. It is hella thin!

How about making a second, thicker "touring" seat that you can ride out on? It'll be worth the trip, I promise!

Got my "preliminary ok" from my social director and am 99% sure I'll be headed to the Catskills to join you all...

Would like to head out Fri. early afternoon from central MA with a buddy on his FZ6. Will try to round up Phat Pat and Bliss again...

:cheerleader:

So--here's my question. I'm a "newbie" to the VFR world, and I'm wondering if we're invited to the ride as well? I've been on some rides with my 'busa brothers, but as I said, I'm new here. Is that OK?

• Member Contributer

So--here's my question. I'm a "newbie" to the VFR world, and I'm wondering if we're invited to the ride as well? I've been on some rides with my 'busa brothers, but as I said, I'm new here. Is that OK?

Sorry, I'm already representing the Rochester area.

If you own a VFR & you're a member here, you're invited. You don't have to show up on your VFR, but be prepared for abuse about not showing up w/ a V4! :cheerleader:

If you own a VFR & you're a member here, you're invited. You don't have to show up on your VFR, but be prepared for abuse about not showing up w/ a V4! :fing02:

Thanks for the invite. So I'm guessing if I show up on the 'busa I'll be humiliated, abused, and run-out-of-town!!! LOL :cheerleader:

Sorry, I'm already representing the Rochester area.

OK--well if we both go--then they might as well close up the streets in Rocha-cha!!

• Member Contributer

I'd really like to attend so I could be the old fart of the group, but I'm riding down to Birmingham, AL (Barber) that week, with stop-offs on the way in the twisties of TN and environs, and ending up in Clearwater, FL, then back home to PA. I believe I will have the sore ass to beat all sore asses by the time the trip is done, but could not care less.

Try to have a good time without me!

Der Fuhrer of the DC Police has already cancelled all leave for October 2, 2010. Only leave approved prior to July 30 will be honored, so I am out. I will be hearding protesters in DC and not enjoying it at all.

Der Fuhrer of the DC Police has already cancelled all leave for October 2, 2010. Only leave approved prior to July 30 will be honored, so I am out. I will be hearding protesters in DC and not enjoying it at all.

doh.gifdoh.gif

• Member Contributer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Member Contributer

..........................poooswah. Quit. You wanted to be a small town sherriff anyway.:cheerleader:

Archived