4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

I've been hoping to do an early- to mid-Fall group ride somewhere within a one-day ride from home. This might be the ticket. :laughing6-hehe: Can't commit yet tho, as things come up too frequently for me to make plans 2 months ahead.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Thanks for the invite. So I'm guessing if I show up on the 'busa I'll be humiliated, abused, and run-out-of-town!!! LOL :laughing6-hehe:

I came up two years ago in a salvaged pre-98 Katana (granted she was set up as a sleeper), so I think you'll be fine coming up on a 'Busa. After you experience the VFR, you'll want one for yourself - but that's a gimme, right??

• Member Contributer

Der Fuhrer of the DC Police has already cancelled all leave for October 2, 2010. Only leave approved prior to July 30 will be honored, so I am out. I will be hearding protesters in DC and not enjoying it at all.

Mother F#$%R!! Give me her number and get your union rep on the line... this is CRAP!! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Potential is there for me. I've been working on a seat for the RC45 tail and can say with great confidence that there will be no 350 miles days for me. It is hella thin!

How about making a second, thicker "touring" seat that you can ride out on? It'll be worth the trip, I promise!

I think I found my solution...Should work nicely with the R's taller windscreen.

motorcycle-seat.jpg

So--here's my question. I'm a "newbie" to the VFR world, and I'm wondering if we're invited to the ride as well? I've been on some rides with my 'busa brothers, but as I said, I'm new here. Is that OK?

If you own a VFR & you're a member here, you're invited. You don't have to show up on your VFR, but be prepared for abuse about not showing up w/ a V4! :biggrin:

Thanks for the invite. So I'm guessing if I show up on the 'busa I'll be humiliated, abused, and run-out-of-town!!! LOL :fing02:

I thought owning a BUSA was enough abuse laughing6-hehe.gif

OUCH!!! LOL You hurt the 'busa's feelings! Now she won't leave the garage so I guess I"ll have to ride the VFR!! :bliss:

Potential is there for me. I've been working on a seat for the RC45 tail and can say with great confidence that there will be no 350 miles days for me. It is hella thin!

How about making a second, thicker "touring" seat that you can ride out on? It'll be worth the trip, I promise!

I think I found my solution...Should work nicely with the R's taller windscreen.

motorcycle-seat.jpg

LOL!

There you go, no more excuses! Now show up, don't make me come & get you!

• Member Contributer

Got my "preliminary ok" from my social director and am 99% sure I'll be headed to the Catskills to join you all...

Would like to head out Fri. early afternoon from central MA with a buddy on his FZ6. Will try to round up Phat Pat and Bliss again...

:laughing6-hehe:

Cool beans... Got the green light last nite as did my buddy... :smile: Where's the sign up sheet & when can we book a room! Will any secret code words needed for the special "Seb-discount" ?

Yoohoooo... Phat Pat? Bliss?

Where are you guys? Are you in?

In plus pillion unless work takes me to San Diego that week/weekend. I have to check my calendar @ the office for that one. Cool Beans! BTW, can lead/sweep if needed - of course the "relaxed old guy group" :smile: :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Plus one to the 'relaxed' group! I am scheduled to be in New Orleans but that almost always changes... I am looking forward to a group ride :laughing6-hehe:

In plus pillion unless work takes me to San Diego that week/weekend. I have to check my calendar @ the office for that one. Cool Beans! BTW, can lead/sweep if needed - of course the "relaxed old guy group" :bliss: :happy:

Checked the work calendar - San Diego is the first week/weekend of November so we are in/good with that date. :cool:

In plus pillion unless work takes me to San Diego that week/weekend. I have to check my calendar @ the office for that one. Cool Beans! BTW, can lead/sweep if needed - of course the "relaxed old guy group" :fing02: :comp13:

Checked the work calendar - San Diego is the first week/weekend of November so we are in/good with that date. +1.gif

Cool.

I will be getting back to Lange's on Friday afternoon or Saturday, I will post up a new thread with a sign up & "booked" list. Will also look into the large group resort dinner this weekend. Weekdays are nuts lately.

I will be getting back to Lange's on Friday afternoon or Saturday, I will post up a new thread with a sign up & "booked" list.

I would like a full sized cardboard effigy of myself burned in the 47 foot tall firepit at the sarge's place, if you dont mind.

• Member Contributer

I will be getting back to Lange's on Friday afternoon or Saturday, I will post up a new thread with a sign up & "booked" list.

I would like a full sized cardboard effigy of myself burned in the 47 foot tall firepit at the sarge's place, if you dont mind.

...........................consider it done. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Hey Seb,

Watch out for those creepy BMW types (like me). "Color in the Catskills 2010" is the same weekend at Hunter Mountain.

The place will be swarming since this is a BMW Motorcycle Owners of America event.

On the other hand... there just might be room for everyone to ride since you always seem to get us to the best roads. And off the beaten path!

I might be able to do both!

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

Hey Seb,

Watch out for those creepy BMW types (like me). "Color in the Catskills 2010" is the same weekend at Hunter Mountain.

The place will be swarming since this is a BMW Motorcycle Owners of America event.

On the other hand... there just might be room for everyone to ride since you always seem to get us to the best roads. And off the beaten path!

I might be able to do both!

...and that is the very reason why you'll never see me post my favorite roads on the internet - I made that mistake once, and one of my loops was put on a site and advertised. Last thing I want is more traffic.

Is the beemer event overlapping w/ Octoberfest @ Hunter again this year? **Edit - Why yes, yes it is... http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/events-activities/festivals.aspx

• Member Contributer

I have to put myself down as a "maybe" right now. As of now, that's a busy time those weekends and I have a ton of work to do up in New Hampshire at the lake. I'm going to try to get it mostly done before then so I can come out and play though. :angry:

I have to put myself down as a "maybe" right now. As of now, that's a busy time those weekends and I have a ton of work to do up in New Hampshire at the lake. I'm going to try to get it mostly done before then so I can come out and play though. :laughing6-hehe:

Gosh I hope so. I moved this ride to the weekend before Columbus Day years ago just so you could come every year! :pissed:

Speaking of :beer: , I never did get to try that beer I won from you... I'd pony up the dough to replace that 6'er so I can try it. I promise not to let Timmy guard it this time! :angry:

• Member Contributer

I have to put myself down as a "maybe" right now. As of now, that's a busy time those weekends and I have a ton of work to do up in New Hampshire at the lake. I'm going to try to get it mostly done before then so I can come out and play though. :biggrin:

......holy crap Pat,were the hell ya' been?

• Member Contributer

I'll put it on the calendar... but we are doing the new (to us) house thing this year... should be in by September but I have a feeling the weekends will be busy for a while with painting and fixing up... But I'm a definite maybe.:biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Starting to get busy around that time of the year at work, wanted to come to the 08 event but missed it because of work as well. Maybe this year

• Member Contributer

I have to put myself down as a "maybe" right now. As of now, that's a busy time those weekends and I have a ton of work to do up in New Hampshire at the lake. I'm going to try to get it mostly done before then so I can come out and play though. :bliss:

......holy crap Pat,were the hell ya' been?

that's what I was wondering.. had to chase him down on FB. You need to get yer priorities corrected Pat.. LOL

• Member Contributer

I'll put it on the calendar... but we are doing the new (to us) house thing this year... should be in by September but I have a feeling the weekends will be busy for a while with painting and fixing up... But I'm a definite maybe.:fing02:

You will need a weekend break from all the hustle of moving in to a new home. If the wife gives you crap, tell her it's for the good of the marriage (or throw her on the back of the bike, 'cause she could use the break too). :blink:

Archived