4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

I am trying to clear the schedule at work.

I did some work in that area of NY back in 1997 and wanted so badly to have my 4th gen with me, beat the crap out of a rental car (1996 Mitsubishi eclipse) and had the guys at the Ford place scratching their heads, looking for an alignment issue when they saw the tires on the service truck we had up there....

Have always wanted to ride those roads and deifnatley need some away time.

I dropped my son at the University of Missouri last week and my fun money took a big hit.

so i guess the answer is maybe, but I would be leaving Atlanta on Tuesday September 28th and knocking out about 400 miles per day off the slab...trying to plan a route up now.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did some work in that area of NY back in 1997 and wanted so badly to have my 4th gen with me, beat the crap out of a rental car (1996 Mitsubishi eclipse) and had the guys at the Ford place scratching their heads, looking for an alignment issue when they saw the tires on the service truck we had up there....

I dropped my son at the University of Missouri last week and my fun money took a big hit.

so i guess the answer is maybe, but I would be leaving Atlanta on Tuesday September 28th and knocking out about 400 miles per day off the slab...trying to plan a route up now.

:cheerleader:

If the stars align I'll give it another try...the bike is in fighting form, new damping front and back.

Brian

hmmmm, maybe I should organize a "North Country Ride" next year.... :goofy: , twisties AND dodging potholes, now THAT'S challenging...not for the faint of heart. :laughing6-hehe:

dont forget to pack the 2 stroke blender. You can leave it with seb if you want to.

• 3 weeks later...

dont forget to pack the 2 stroke blender. You can leave it with seb if you want to.

tutti frutti drinks!!! Oh Snap! that changes everything... from a math point of veiw.

2 stroke blender + the Eh Team + a lot of booze + some great VFRD people = one hell of a party.

• Member Contributer

Sweeeet. :biggrin:

Hey Steve - it's shaping up like Burns and I will be slabbing up to Gouldsboro on Thursday evening, maybe hitting the Dutchman in G-boro that night. You up for coming out for a few, and/or putting together a group for Friday's ride up to Catskills?

• Member Contributer

Can't say how much I'm looking forward to this ride. Dammit all, though, that Timmy won't be riding with us. F#$%ing DC Metro management biatches....

• Member Contributer

I'll be slapping on fresh tires this weekend, and will also clean/lube/adjust my chain, give the girl a wash, and maybe bleed my brakes.

Everyone else up on their maintenance?

Ummm...

• Member Contributer

I'll be slapping on fresh tires this weekend, and will also clean/lube/adjust my chain, give the girl a wash, and maybe bleed my brakes.

Didn't we just do that about a month and so ago?

Didn't we just do that about a month and so ago?

That was also a couple thousand miles ago... I now have speed bleeders and extra fluid, no reason not to! :beer:

• Member Contributer

That old Kat was already a bit of a wreck when I got there last time around... Rear tire was about shot, both tires were under-inflated (duh), rear brake pads were so far gone they were chewing up the rotor. Add to that inexperience and agri-racing during the tour and, let's just say it was not a fun ride home.

The VFR is tight. Wingrack II with side and top cases, plus:

New PR2's.... CHECK

New Rear pads... CHECK

PMCS Chain.... CHECK

Recent Oil and Filter... CHECK

Was this close to having that Progressive shock mounted up for the ride, but she kept failing inspection - stupid eyeball mounts...Will prolly replace the little pieces of crap over the winter and be ready for next season (fresh paint and all)....

You tell 'em I'm coming... I'm coming and Hell's coming with me!!! Hell's coming with me!!!

(wait - what? Timmy has to bag out??? MotherF#$%ers!!??!?!)

Nevermind... It'll be just me and Burns. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Ummm...

I will check the oil and tire pressure. If you make me wash it, I'm not coming.

Fine, don't wash it! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Fine, don't wash it! :laughing6-hehe:

What's this 'washing' thing you guys are talking about?

• Member Contributer

What's this 'washing' thing you guys are talking about?

It's what you did after you got your bike un-sunk from the mud this spring! :owned: :goofy:

Yeah, you got me there! DOH!

• Member Contributer

It's getting close!

I was hoping to leave central MA early afternoon on Friday with Joe Bone. Any others headed west that might want to join up? I'm flexible and could leave a little later if need be... Post up if interested a Eastern Crew group arrival to Lange's...

How about ride route files? Do you have them finalized yet? I recently got a Garmin Zumo and will need to load any routes prior to Friday as I don't have a laptop to bring. I know you had mentioned a 300-350 mile loop. Call me a sissy but my a$$ is usually no good after 275-300 miles... You got any routes that can be cut shorter if needed or am I the only candy a$$?

Lastly, I was looking mapping the hotel address and came up with 3 different locations for the same address so I figured I'd check Lange's website this am. No dice...it's gone? I know it did exist before as I remember seeing it... what's up with that?

It's getting close!

I was hoping to leave central MA early afternoon on Friday with Joe Bone. Any others headed west that might want to join up? I'm flexible and could leave a little later if need be... Post up if interested a Eastern Crew group arrival to Lange's...

How about ride route files? Do you have them finalized yet? I recently got a Garmin Zumo and will need to load any routes prior to Friday as I don't have a laptop to bring. I know you had mentioned a 300-350 mile loop. Call me a sissy but my a$$ is usually no good after 275-300 miles... You got any routes that can be cut shorter if needed or am I the only candy a$$?

Lastly, I was looking mapping the hotel address and came up with 3 different locations for the same address so I figured I'd check Lange's website this am. No dice...it's gone? I know it did exist before as I remember seeing it... what's up with that?

Finalizing routes today and will be teaching myself to convert them to gps files tonight... I will have a shorter loop for scenic group/candy azzes... :biggrin: The long loop will be just over 300.

It's getting close!

Finalizing routes today and will be teaching myself to convert them to gps files tonight... I will have a shorter loop for scenic group/candy azzes... :biggrin: The long loop will be just over 300.

Don't you build your routes directly in Mapsource (software that come bundled with Garmin devices) on your PC? I imagine the other GPS mfg.s do the same. It's so easy iis stupid, once you've walked through it once. Once you save the file, (gpx or gdb) just transfer to device and your done.

If you really prefer to do it in the GPS device, then using the same Mapsource program, do a transfer FROM device to the PC, then post file on board or send to leads and sweeps by email.

Brian

It's getting close!

Don't you build your routes directly in Mapsource (software that come bundled with Garmin devices) on your PC? I imagine the other GPS mfg.s do the same. It's so easy iis stupid, once you've walked through it once. Once you save the file, (gpx or gdb) just transfer to device and your done.

If you really prefer to do it in the GPS device, then using the same Mapsource program, do a transfer FROM device to the PC, then post file on board or send to leads and sweeps by email.

Brian

No, I'm not that sophisticated... I'm building routes in Google maps, then converting and transferring to gps. HS hooked me up with software(I think it's mapsource), but I haven't used it yet.

• Member Contributer

I'm going to try and make it for Sat. Lots going on here, tho. What is the expected launch and end times for Sat?

Archived