4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:3: ...speaking of deer :ohmy: ...is it a bad year this year, as in, "are there a lot of the varmints around"? Once is enough for me... :mad:

Brian

Population stays about the same here, but I can't say I've seen many so far this year.

I hope to be on the road by noon, rain be damned :fing02:

See you guys tomorrow!

That's the spirit!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

You'll be dry and swilling beer while everyone else is just rolling up! :biggrin:

ps - Yoshi just rode 5hrs in the pouring rain and in the dark to come out and help me "get rid of" some whiskey before tomorrow's ride prep! Don your rain gear and get on out here! :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

If you boys check the radar, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how the worst of the storm is graciously bypassing the Catskills. :fing02:

I can personally attest to the fact that most of the rain is missing the catskills

• Member Contributer

Me and Burns are kickstands up around 9:00 a.m. New tourmaster raingear will be in the tail box.

Seb - between the trip to RI and all hell breakin' loose the two days I was in the office, I didn't get a chance to pick up cigars. I'm going to look for a shop between here and there, but in case I don't, I'm counting on you for an alternative.

Me and Burns are kickstands up around 9:00 a.m. New tourmaster raingear will be in the tail box.

Seb - between the trip to RI and all hell breakin' loose the two days I was in the office, I didn't get a chance to pick up cigars. I'm going to look for a shop between here and there, but in case I don't, I'm counting on you for an alternative.

There's a tobacco store 20min from the hotel via fun roads. Not sure what they have for selection, but they're there. :fing02:

Along those lines, keep in mind that cigarettes in upstate NY are about $10/pack... might want to bring extra if you're a smoker from out of state...

• Member Contributer

FYI, I just got a call from my wife who is westbound on the Mass Pike on her way to NY. She says there are areas of very heavy rain with pooling water and high winds. If your going that route take it easy and ride safe.

• Member Contributer

Well it looks like I ran out of time and will not make it out to the ride.

Over the last month I've kicked it into high gear to get my project bike together..VF1000R. It is 95+% done, but I have not finished tuning & sync'ing the carbs, let along a test ride to make sure I remembered to put it back together correctly. (yes.....I'll evenutualy do a write up with pictures)

Next year.

Ride safe and have fun.

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, I have to pass. On the road today, won't get back till late, Family Sunday, On the road Monday. Too damn tight!

• Member Contributer

Question about dinner on Saturday... Will anyone have cage transportation, as I imagine there will be adult beverages consumed.

Additionally, I really don't want to eat dinner in my leathers...

Frogg Toggs purchased today, as latest forecast says rain until about 9pm :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Leaving in a minute 12:15

Meeting Dino 1:30

Listen to Dino whine about the rain 1:45

Arrive at Langes 5:30 - 6:00

See you all then

Randy

Leaving in a minute 12:15

Meeting Dino 1:30

Listen to Dino whine about the rain 1:45

Arrive at Langes 5:30 - 6:00

See you all then

Randy

:laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: bastages.

• Member Contributer

Question about dinner on Saturday... Will anyone have cage transportation, as I imagine there will be adult beverages consumed.

Additionally, I really don't want to eat dinner in my leathers...

Frogg Toggs purchased today, as latest forecast says rain until about 9pm :pissed:

I'll be trailering the bike so I can shuttle some :beer: drinkers.

• Member Contributer

Are you guys planing to do any riding on Sunday?

• Member Contributer

The rain has caused some problems............severe flooding in Phonecia.......the bridge is closed indefinitely and 214 is closed due to damage. Also flooding in Livingston Manor and Roscoe. :pissed:

I'll try to get more info and we'll figure out our options tonight.

• Member Contributer

Are you guys planing to do any riding on Sunday?

I'm sure some of us will be. We'll need to make up some of the miles we couldn't get in today.

• Member Contributer

I'll try to come up Sunday morning to hitch a ride with you, lucky besids.

Have fun and don't burn that hotel down :laughing6-hehe:

The fact that there are no photos posted yet is an affrontary to my fragile sensibilities.

oh, and...........bastages.

I take it all back

33457_1628394758543_1496803397_1600361_5156338_n.jpg

except for the bastage part.

Archived