Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

• Member Contributer

New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland - we all gotta go through either Front Royal for the Skyline Drive or I-81 for 300 miles of slabs down to North Carolina.

I can leave anytime on Wednesday or Thursday morning - I'm just getting the idea in my head that the trip GOING might be just as much fun as being there.

Any of you guys want company GOING down or COMING back we'll keep this thread going here until we get kicked off.

Brian

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland - we all gotta go through either Front Royal for the Skyline Drive or I-81 for 300 miles of slabs down to North Carolina.

I can leave anytime on Wednesday or Thursday morning - I'm just getting the idea in my head that the trip GOING might be just as much fun as being there.

Any of you guys want company GOING down or COMING back we'll keep this thread going here until we get kicked off.

Brian

I'm driving a truck. No fun in Riceville :laughing6-hehe:

Leaving Wed. afternoon getting there around 5pm.

• Member Contributer

I just signed up so we're at 47!

FYI, according to the lady at the front desk that I talked to when I made my reservations at the Franklin Motel I got the last room that was available Wednesday night through Sunday morning.

I registered months ago - but just booked my room for Friday and Saturday (staying in a cabin the week preceding). As I'm a professional snorer, my riding buds decided I needed to go solo at the Franklin!!

Heads up - rooms are running out. I think I got the second last room.

Looking forward to this trip!

Room is booked, Tumbles and I with a maybe +1.

Have yet to register ( still waiting to see what the T'shirt will look like lol )

See you there Thrus night.

OMG everybody run, The crazy Canucks are coming..

Have yet to register ( still waiting to see what the T'shirt will look like lol )

Man, now I'm really sorry I cannot attend...these guys are a riot.

Riv and I solidified plans on the phone tonight. I can't wait!

How is it possible that there are THREE Travisisisss coming to a VFRD event? I guess it's kinda like the crowd of "The Kevins"! :cheerleader:

I predict there'll only be one Oyama...

• Member Contributer

Finally registered for the event. Riv and I solidified plans on the phone tonight. I can't wait!

All right man, I am glad you can make it! :cheerleader:

With the 'Ox in attendance, I couldn't resist... pulled a few strings and I'll be up there Thurs - Monday, but won't be staying at the Franklin with you 'bikers'. :goofy: Gonna stay in Bryson City at some sort of a spa/resort deal with the fiance. Oh, and I'll be 'with trailer' this time too... several 'firsts' on this trip, so we'll see how it goes. The Bird is not real happy about riding on the trailer (and the Accord ain't real happy pulling it), but since both are Honda's, both have agreed to disagree in order to get to NC! :fing02: (I hang my head in 'Iron Butt' shame)

If the nightly wine and cheese/hot tub parties don't distract me, I hope to get over to the Franklin one evening, or maybe at day's end, we'll see how it goes... may catch some of you out on the Cherahola or perhaps the Tellicafe for some Green Tomato soup... I'll be looking...

• Member Contributer

OK, I am on vacation the week prior for a trip home to see my mom on mom's day. I won't be able to take vacation for this event this year and I'm really nervous if I don't start trying to make this event happen for me, it won't.

Anyone want to split a room for a night or two over the weekend? I don't mind playing nomad, but I don't think want to miss this since I'm only 100 miles from Franklin.

• Forum CEO

Bored, playing with photoshop.

tmac2010.jpg

Thats cool, I like it. Teamwork! needs a boarder though so I cropped and added one. I am being premature since BR has final say, and hes picky picky!

tmac2010.png

[img=http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/Rideicons/tmac2010.png]

Bored, playing with photoshop.

tmac2010.jpg

Thats cool, I like it. Teamwork! needs a boarder though so I cropped and added one. I am being premature since BR has final say, and hes picky picky!

tmac2010.png

[img=http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/Rideicons/tmac2010.png]

Works for me, it's now the Official 2010 Tmac icon. :fing02:

BR

• Member Contributer

Anyone need a room mate? We can have fun :fing02: maybe not this much but still....

I just called the Franklin and they are booked, every room on the 20th. They have one room ont eh 22nd. I just found out that I am able to weasle out of a trade show that same weekend in Chicago and am thinking about attending.

I may expand my search of the Greater Franklin Metropolitan Area or perhaps show up at teh Franklin 18-19 and move to another location 20-21.

Keith

Registered! :fing02:

Finally got my youth baseball team's schedule Tuesday night - we're off that weekend, just as I requested. I also had to get my branch's audit rescheduled for a couple weeks later. With both potential roadblocks handled I'm free to attend the event!

Edited: Found a roomie. (Thanks, Brian!)

• Member Contributer

Whoo hoo!!!!!

I have my roomate! Now I just have to register. If I forget I'll just claim to be registered and stomp my feet till I get a nametag. :fing02:

Which bike do I bring? Ohh my. One needs tires, the other needs a new battery. :fing02: Welcome to MBD.

OMG everybody run, The crazy Canucks are coming..

No need to worry this time, We promise to be on our best behavior. :fing02:

Man, now I'm really sorry I cannot attend...these guys are a riot.

I talked it over with Tumbles and we both agree we will be as boring as possible this year. We won't drink any beer or tell any jokes. Hobie1dog you can rest easy knowing you would miss a thing.

Archived