Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

Hey guys. I live in west Texas (around 1250 miles) and I'm considering making the trip. Just considering.

I guess for now I would just like to know who all from Texas is making the trip? Riding or trailer, just someone or a group of people I can tag along with.

HS is coming from CO and Dutch has come from TX several times(or at least once?). I would just start a thread asking for/if there's a TX contention coming and see if you can hook up with them.

Hope you can join us! :offtopic:

BR

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's official, I'm in. Can't wait, it's the best riding I'll see all year, that's for sure. Kkken, Grond & myself will be trailering down for the week.

Thanks for the weather report BR, sounds good, hopefully we'll be doing more of this :rolleyes: and less of this (see below, the '08 crew at our cabin waiting for things to dry up)

gallery_7079_3029_45795.jpg

100_0172.JPG

I'm still looking for a bike to use without having to rent a friggin Harley. :tour:

www.eaglerider.com, rent an st1300 in knoxville. They offer some bmw's also. Knoxville is the closest location though.

• Member Contributer

I feel sick to my stomach making this decision, but I won't be participating in this year's TMAC.

I was planning on going again this year... Aside from the weekend trips and family get-togethers every year, the TMAC is MY vacation and recharge and puts a stupid grin on my face. For some unexplainable reason, hanging out with all you characters is addictive. :biggrin: I had scheduled to take the entire week off and just talked my dad into trading vehicles so I could trailer up for cheap. A friend who got into one of those time-share programs even hooked me up with a free cabin stay!

Take a curve or two for me (in the upright position!) and ride safe everyone!

-Laird

• Member Contributer

I have my vacation days all lined up and my room booked for Friday and Saturday night.

It's for sure - I'm in for 2010.

The Franklin Motel has over a dozen rooms available for that weekend if anyone needs to know.

Two years ago some guy from Colorado took me in since I didn't have a room... seemed to have a lot of computer and GPS equipment. I think he rode straight through from out west... Thank You Miguel Mayo for your hospitality.

Anyway. I have a room to share if anyone gets in at the last minute and needs a place to stay.

Brian

I'm packed and ready to go..... I've signed up and have a room(125).....

I'm looking for a roommate from Tue night thru Fri night***** Please let me know by this Fri 9th Apr (this week)Thx... :lobby:

• Member Contributer

I feel sick to my stomach making this decision, but I won't be participating in this year's TMAC.

I was planning on going again this year... Aside from the weekend trips and family get-togethers every year, the TMAC is MY vacation and recharge and puts a stupid grin on my face. For some unexplainable reason, hanging out with all you characters is addictive. :lobby: I had scheduled to take the entire week off and just talked my dad into trading vehicles so I could trailer up for cheap. A friend who got into one of those time-share programs even hooked me up with a free cabin stay!

Take a curve or two for me (in the upright position!) and ride safe everyone!

-Laird

I feel the same way about TMAC.

It is MY vacation.

Sorry you'll be missing it this year, Laird.

• Member Contributer

Mitzie and I are ridin' 2-up to the Smokies Area on my Aero this weekend. Stayin' Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I'll be puttin' the New T-Mac Wreath on the Cross Saturday....... :unsure: .....Look for "Bright Red" after this weekend... :fing02:

Count me in!! :unsure: I'll head over there Thursday afternoon sometime and meet whoever is there already

Put me down for the relaxed group though.... after my crash back in Dec, I'm taking it real easy, at least for awhile

• Forum CEO

30 folks signed up so far, guess i need to start getting everything else lined up like Routes, Lead/Sweep teams etc. :pinocchio:

If at all possible it would be awesome to hacve the routes in the format that can be downloaded to the Garmin Nuvi's like HS did for the Summer Summit. That is the only reason that some of us were able to do the Mt Evan's route the next day without a guide.

I completely understand if that is not possible though.

It has always been availible - I still have routes from 3 years ago!

BR I finally signed up, asked for a couple more days off since 9 days was pushing it from way out here, I took 2 weeks off work this time around and maybe I might just make it up to see my cousin in Philly this time, and finally see the Atlanic Ocean!

• Member Contributer

Count me in!! :lobby: I'll head over there Thursday afternoon sometime and meet whoever is there already

Put me down for the relaxed group though.... after my crash back in Dec, I'm taking it real easy, at least for awhile

Your not bringing your roommate or that thing you guys found on the road last week are you?

Signed up and room reserved.

I have a roommate for Tue-night and Wed-night(18-19)....Earthshake.

"Oyama", wanted to know about sharing Thr-Fri but I haven't been able to get a comfirmation from him. If someone that knows him, can get in touch, please give it a try. I sent him a couple of PM's, of no avail.

If he's no longer interested I'll be open to share a room Thr-Fri night...... but would like to give "Oyama" the chance to respound.......

• Member Contributer

FYI - for anyone heading to TMAC and passing through the Omaha area you are all welcome to crash on the way out or the way back. I have 5 guest bedrooms so there is room for all. (although 2 of the rooms do have to share a Jack & Jill bathroom)

• Member Contributer

I can see we have New York and New Jersey guys who will be attendingTexasMac 2010. Is anyone interested in riding down together?

I'll be leaving the Philadelphia are early on Thursday morning to try and get OVER half way down. I can also leave on Wednesday afternoon to get LESS than half way down and then the Blue Ridge Parkway for Thursday.

Sunday is all the way back, but I have Monday off in case I want to get a room and do the return trip in two days. I did the entire return trip before and it was not too bad. The temperature dropped fast in the evening - the last 100 miles were cold, really cold.

Brian

I can see we have New York and New Jersey guys who will be attendingTexasMac 2010. Is anyone interested in riding down together?

I'll be leaving the Philadelphia are early on Thursday morning to try and get OVER half way down. I can also leave on Wednesday afternoon to get LESS than half way down and then the Blue Ridge Parkway for Thursday.

Sunday is all the way back, but I have Monday off in case I want to get a room and do the return trip in two days. I did the entire return trip before and it was not too bad. The temperature dropped fast in the evening - the last 100 miles were cold, really cold.

Brian

I am leaving the dc area earlish on thursday, with SS_burns, so maybe we can all hook up. Out plan is to go down skyline drive and camp about 3 hours north of franklin.

• Member Contributer

Count me in. Probably won't firm up till a couple of weeks. Franklin time is based on Tally Time...lol. Might have another track day in the works for may. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I have reserved the room, just haven't hit the register button yet.

I live to procrastinate.

Also this year I am trying to have some old friends from St Louis join me as well.

As always, anyone interested in staying in the Charleston,SC area before or after, give me a ring.

Redfish.

• Member Contributer

Timmy harrassed me enough to finally get moving.. registration is done, hotel room is reserved, leave is approved... :woohoo:

• Member Contributer

Just reserved a room at the Franklin motel.

There is one more non-smoking room left!

All you procrastinators better hurry up wink.gif

Archived