Official TEXASMAC Memorial Ride thread 2010

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I'm definitely planning to attend, but like last year coaching youth baseball might get in the way. I hope not tho, 'cause I've been looking forward to TMac 2010 for months already. Not just the riding, but also hanging out with all my VFRD pals after the rides. smile.gif

OK, I signed up and booked a room. See you there!

Cool! So which bike are you riding down? :ph34r: I know it's a VFRD event but I'm half-expecting to see you on the NT.

I call tell that a lot of my time will be spent purging this thread! tongue.gif

Including post #40? :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I want to come again this year but because work not knowing where and went they need me and selling a house, buying a new one and planning a wedding(June 19th) I'm not sure if I'm going to see any bike trips this summer :angry:

Fingers crossed

• Member Contributer

At this point I'm definitely planning to attend, but like last year coaching youth baseball might get in the way. I hope not tho, 'cause I've been looking forward to TMac 2010 for months already. Not just the riding, but also hanging out with all my VFRD pals after the rides. smile.gif

OK, I signed up and booked a room. See you there!

Cool! So which bike are you riding down? :rolleyes: I know it's a VFRD event but I'm half-expecting to see you on the NT.

I hope you can make it!

I am not sure which bike I will bring. I'm going down there at least once prior to Tmac and will bring the NT then. After I've done the trek once on the NT, then I will decide which I prefer for Tmac.

I hope to make it, I need the vacation.

I cant stress enough! If you have any question about whether your tires are safe or if they will last the entire trip, then just replace. The bike rides, handles, stops, much better with new tires. If you have to dont eat or feed your kids to pay for them, hehe.

As stated, come prepared. We could have all sunshine and 60-70 degrees or it could rain and be in the thirties. You never know what you will get in the spring in these mountains. You could see sun in one valley and rain on a peak. We have been blessed with rideable whether so this year should be just fine.

It's my signiature. "RUBBER IS CHEAPER THAN PLASTER"

• Member Contributer

I am planning on coming. This will be my first TMac ride and my first time on the Dragon. I'll be recently graduated from my MBA program and ready to go out and have some really, guilt free fun! I can't wait!

Unfortunately, I can't be there for the "official" dates. However, if anyone is planning on being there prior to the official gathering I'd love to join you. How about it Canadiens, are you coming for a week again?

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear you won't be coming Bill. It was good to get to meet you at the fall meet.

Vicki and I are booked, in fact I think I'm staying pretty close to where I was at the fall meet. We're looking forward to good times, good rides, and good people.

• Member Contributer

Bill,

The Kanadians (Grond1234,KanadianKen and MachineBuilder) plan to arrive the Saturday before and ride the rubber off. If anybody else is going to be there early we can start a new thread about meets etc..

• Member Contributer

Ok, it's on, booked a room and twisted gradus' arm. we'll both be there! can't wait for may

Registered, time off submitted and approved, wife has been informed. Now I have to see if I can come up a day early.

Unfortunately, I can't be there for the "official" dates. However, if anyone is planning on being there prior to the official gathering I'd love to join you. How about it Canadiens, are you coming for a week again?

That is a real bummer Bill! It's guys like you that make this event such a success because you are not only just great guys, but volunteer as a Lead/Sweep team member! :laugh:

We shall surely miss you! :ohmy:

BR

• Member Contributer

Ok its official I'm out for this years event. Bought a new house last night and it closes May 20 :biggrin: So I guess I better stay around and help move that week or I may not have a house to come back to sad.gif

I'll be attending the event

Lets get everyone excited!! take a look at the area circa 1970. This is the DGMR when it was Craftons Motel and Restaurant

Two Lane Blacktop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFPndPorYc&feature=related

Great catch, I saw that movie way back when and before I even knew of the area. Pretty cool, they stop at the what's now the Deals Gap store & motel(Crossroads of Time). They mix up the footage some having the the Chev come in from the dam side below the store where they do pass the lower dam on 129 at 1:14, but they whip a U-turn on the TN side of 129 along the lake at 3:45 which would head them back to Knoxville not the gap store.

Looks like their on 28 South of the Gap when the Chev passes the truck at :58.

I didn't recognize the the pullout they show just before the GTO pulls into the lot at the ESSO in from the Dragon, but it looked like the Cherohala Skyway to me. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

I will be there!

Just got to put bike back together and waiting on VF-1R (Brian) to let me know when he is going. He has school and does NOT know his schedule yet.

I am soooooo looking forward to it. (will be my first time)

• Member Contributer

Registered!!! Yosh: We're all set for a room. Wonderful woman named Amy took my info...

W00t w00t!

Hmmm.. Motel is about an hour from the Dragon. Guess me tires will be warmed up!

wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Finally got my dad and myself registered. Even got the time off of work! :unsure:

Now all I need is to get my bike from cleveland to MA before may.

• Member Contributer

As always, all brands welcome especially if your a member.

We've never looked down on non- VFR's as long as anyone who wanted could test ride any non-VFR! :cheerleader:

BR

It is true! I was on a VFR the first year and a CBR the next. :cheerleader:

REGISTERED AND RESERVED. Provided nothing bad happens before this event, I am registered for Thursday, and Friday night.

I will be available for Thu, Fri and Sat rides. I will leave to return home Saturday night.

As always, all brands welcome especially if your a member.

We've never looked down on non- VFR's as long as anyone who wanted could test ride any non-VFR! :goofy:

BR

It is true! I was on a VFR the first year and a CBR the next. :goofy:

REGISTERED AND RESERVED. Provided nothing bad happens before this event, I am registered for Thursday, and Friday night.

I will be available for Thu, Fri and Sat rides. I will leave to return home Saturday night.

That's Awesome Keith, look forward to seeing you! :fing02:

BTW for those of you who don't know, Keith aka Ponrod is our member who made the CROSS for TexasMac!!! :goofy:

Thanks Keith!!!!

BR

• Member Contributer

Hey guys. I live in west Texas (around 1250 miles) and I'm considering making the trip. Just considering. I'd have to see if I can get at least 5 or so days off just to get there, ride, then make it back. I would have to ride the whole way as I do not have a trailer or even a vehicle I'd trust to haul a trailer that far.

I guess for now I would just like to know who all from Texas is making the trip? Riding or trailer, just someone or a group of people I can tag along with.

Of course the biggest worry is something happening to my bike and me being stranded or not getting back home. This would be the longest trip I'd be taking by myself, so I am nervous and excited.

If thirdgen can ride from his place to arizona and back on his F4i then I know I can on a vfr with a sargant seat and throttlemeister. LOL

Archived