Fuze Custom Earphones

HispanicSlammer

Have you ordered them yet?

Yeah, just about any speakers will sound much much better in a custom fit ear plug. :fing02:

I used to fit these custom molded ear plugs to hundreds of power plant workers, but of course none of them included speakers. :comp13:

Shouldn't be that hard to make them work.

BR

• Member Contributer

I would consider these if I could find anything that tells me what the noise reduction is compared to 36-37DB foam earplugs. I Googled it to death and came up with nothing. Anybody?

• Member Contributer

What earplugs are you using that are rated to 36-37DB? Seems like most of the ones I find are 31, tops.

Maybe I'm off on that. I'm at work and just can't recall. I'll take a look when I get home and repost.

• Member Contributer

What earplugs are you using that are rated to 36-37DB? Seems like most of the ones I find are 31, tops.

Howard Leight's "MAX" and several others are rated at 33. That's as high as I've seen them.

Etymotic "claims" a suppression level of 32-36 for the ER6is, more for the ER4s. Amazon had a deal on the 6is over the weekend ($49.99/pr) so I ordered a couple of pair. Not that I have any way of doing a legitimate comparison, but I'll post up after I've tried them for a while.

With my new helmet I am considering better speaker options. I have been using hacked together speakers in the ear pockets, and ear plugs as well, but I would prefer some comfortable(affordable) in-ear combos.

• Member Contributer

HS, Thanks for the info.

I'll def. buy me some of those.

You can't go wrong for 45 clams. Esp. considering that other similar options cost around $300+.

Here is an interesting discussion of it on ADV Rider

P.S.

I've been using a pair of Etimotics and they are great except for when I wear them under the helmet, they touch the padding and sound translates by contact. Not good.

• Member Contributer

Not worth the $ IMHO.

I ordered them and used them for 3 weeks while my BigEar earphones were being repaired. I had to increase the volume on my MP3 player by 2-3 times what I used with my BigEars, outside noise was more noticeable, and sound quality was not as good. They also did not seem like they were as durable or long lasting as the BigEars. Once I got the BigEars back, I haven't used the EarFuzes.

I know the other custom fit earphones are really pricey, but if I was trying to stay in this price range I think I'd try some of the Etymotic ER6's instead of the EarFuze ones. I hear the ER6s can be found for under $50 if you find the right deal.

Another option I recently came across, but haven't had a chance to try are these:

SA1 earphones

• Member Contributer

I have these and they work great. Good fit and no fuss when putting on or taking

off helmet. Bose they are not...but they sound just fine. All in all, a good

purchase.

I have these and they work great. Good fit and no fuss when putting on or taking

purchase.

what is the black part(speaker)made of (hard/soft), and does the black part seal in the ear as well. With the sound off does it block outside noise like a ear plug? Thanks

gallery_16535_4665_2724195.jpg

I find these work real well... If you have sound buds that look close to these... All you need to do is put a indenture into the max-light ear-plug with a pair of forceps, then spread the indenture to insert sound bud..... Has the same noise reduction qualities for ambient sounds and the music sounds great.... Did I say cheap.... The fact remains they work better than some high-tech ones I've wasted money on already...

• Member Contributer

gallery_16535_4665_2724195.jpg

I find these work real well... If you have sound buds that look close to these... All you need to do is put a indenture into the max-light ear-plug with a pair of forceps, then spread the indenture to insert sound bud..... Has the same noise reduction qualities for ambient sounds and the music sounds great.... Did I say cheap.... The fact remains they work better than some high-tech ones I've wasted money on already...

FYI......in calif. earplugs in both ears is illegal......tightwads speaker in the helmet system may not be as good but legal. and some of us old guys don't have enough brain power to sport ride and listen to music. (but i do chew gum!) :musik20:

• Member Contributer

purchase.

I've tried many ear bud / head phones and due to short ear canals or whatever, never found a comfortable set I could hear the music above 30mph. these fit me, stay in, have a definitely noticeable level of outside noise attenuation, and are comfortable. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Those look interesting.

But I can't listen to a good fast tune and walk at a normal pace.

I think I'll stick to listening to the engine music when I ride. :musik20:

• Member Contributer

Maybe I'm off on that. I'm at work and just can't recall. I'll take a look when I get home and repost.

I just checked the container for mine and they have a Noise Reduction Rating of 31 decibels, so I was way off. I got a container of these cheap at Rite Aid. Sure do the job well!

• Member Contributer

anybody have any links to good custom molded earplugs? I don't want speakers, just earplugs....tired of using non fitted ones.

Don't know where you're at, but member Wera803 is a BigEar rep located in GA and a good guy :fing02: . My wife & I got both custom earplugs and earphones from him. I wear the earplugs riding (no control like VFR4Lee implied) and I think they are better than the disposable foam ones.

linky

anybody have any links to good custom molded earplugs? I don't want speakers, just earplugs....tired of using non fitted ones.

Don't know where you're at, but member Wera803 is a BigEar rep located in GA and a good guy :fing02: . My wife & I got both custom earplugs and earphones from him. I wear the earplugs riding (no control like VFR4Lee implied) and I think they are better than the disposable foam ones.

linky

Thanks, checking it out now...no where near GA though or I'd love to support wera

• Member Contributer
FYI......in calif. earplugs in both ears is illegal......

I know that used to be the case, but ISTR that part of the Vehicle Code was changed a few years ago, in part due to lobbying efforts by CA motorcyclists?

Ciao,

Didn't someone have a link to a product that allowed you to take any brand of earbuds, and mold the material around it to make your own custom fit models like this one does. My first question after going to their site was.....couldn't you use that with other brands of earbuds? Sound Quality with earbuds depends totally on the ability to have a perfect seal within your ear canal. This looks like the moulding compound could be used with any brand.

• Member Contributer

Anyone tried these ?

(free sample)

http://www.aearoweb....nz/default.aspx

Free = Good (at least for one time!)

Howard Leight has disposable ones rated for 32 or 33 dB reduction that can be had for $35 for 100 pairs (Thats what I paid a couple of years back before going the custom route, I think they were $29 +$6 S&H from a construction safety gear vendor). I wear my BigEar's, but generally carry a couple of pairs of the Howard Leight's in case.

Archived