Fuze Custom Earphones

HispanicSlammer

• Member Contributer
FYI......in calif. earplugs in both ears is illegal......

I know that used to be the case, but ISTR that part of the Vehicle Code was changed a few years ago, in part due to lobbying efforts by CA motorcyclists?

Ciao,

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27400.htm

here it is and i see no amendment........language is pretty clear...............i only pointed this out so riders may take a few precautions if stopped.

Anyone tried these ?

(free sample)

http://www.aearoweb....nz/default.aspx

I currently use these ear plugs.

Same company, I believe.

I really like them. They fit well and they make my ride aurally comfortable.

I am looking for a way to add sound to the viffer and may give these Fuzes a try.

Stay Safe!

I use those same plugs...I hated the cords but according to ADVrider they don't make them without anymore....so I found and bought a whole case of them, chucked them on my website for others who were looking for some.

• Member Contributer

DIY is okay, but to get the best sound quality from custom fit IEM's you need to go beyond the second bend in the inner ear canal, which really can only be done properly by an audiologist.

Big Ear and Fidelity Custom (duals, not triples) are both good and pretty inexpensive custom fit IEM's. If you shop around you can probably find an audiologist who will make an impression for $10-$20.

I tried the fuze once and did not care for the sound. I went back to my JVC soft ear phones and the Fuse are in the junk drawer. The JVC do a better job of both sound and noise in my opinion.

I find these work real well... If you have sound buds that look close to these... All you need to do is put a indenture into the max-light ear-plug with a pair of forceps, then spread the indenture to insert sound bud..... Has the same noise reduction qualities for ambient sounds and the music sounds great.... Did I say cheap.... The fact remains they work better than some high-tech ones I've wasted money on already...

I'm certainly going to try this out. Looks like a very effective and cheap solution. And, if it doesn't work, I've only wasted a $0.50 set of earplugs. :fing02:

Boy, you just can't get away from the sound quality issue...if you don't like the sound of them because of the irregularities in the frequency response which causes listener fatigue, then all the other features are pointless.

Billions of different size ear canals which all affect the seal and sound quality too...it just takes buying 4 or 5 or 6 different sets and trying them out to see what works for YOU.

Well, I just tried out the foam earplug solution and I have to give it the big thumbs up. What a brilliant and cost-effective solution to audio on the road. I'll be using them from now on, and, when the foam plugs get a bit manky, I'll just throw them out and put on a new set. Thanks, Monk, for the idea of the year for touring motorcyclists. :fing02: :goofy:

• Forum CEO

I tried the fuze once and did not care for the sound. I went back to my JVC soft ear phones and the Fuse are in the junk drawer. The JVC do a better job of both sound and noise in my opinion.

Perhaps a set of ear moulds with the jvc plugs would be even better?

Well, I just tried out the foam earplug solution and I have to give it the big thumbs up. What a brilliant and cost-effective solution to audio on the road. I'll be using them from now on, and, when the foam plugs get a bit manky, I'll just throw them out and put on a new set. Thanks, Monk, for the idea of the year for touring motorcyclists. :fing02: :fing02:

Glad to hear they worked out to your liking... Thx for the post...

Well, I just tried out the foam earplug solution and I have to give it the big thumbs up. What a brilliant and cost-effective solution to audio on the road. I'll be using them from now on, and, when the foam plugs get a bit manky, I'll just throw them out and put on a new set. Thanks, Monk, for the idea of the year for touring motorcyclists. :fing02: :fing02:

Glad to hear they worked out to your liking... Thx for the post...

Well I got to try out my mod'ed plugs with my new helmet, great combo since this is my quietist helmet ever.

Well I got to try out my mod'ed plugs with my new helmet, great combo since this is my quietist helmet ever.

Which helmet are you talking about ??????

Scorpion EXO-400 full-face Helmet

• 4 months later...

I like to listen to music when I ride. (This is not a debate on should or shouldn’t) but have had a hard time finding headphones/speaker that work real well.

I bought a couple sets from Helmet Audio last year that worked alright, the where the kind that stay in the helmet and you ear sits next to them, when the road noise goes up they lose a lot of sound.

I have tried getting small ear buds but they never stay in place... multiple issues for me. This winter I found EARFUZE earphones. http://www.earfuze.com/fuzion.html

The kit I got was $35 bucks and did not have the case or the practice earphone... you follow the directions, mix the compound and make your custom fit earphones.

I have been wearing them under my new Nolan N102 and I realy like they way they feel and sound. I have worn them on 15 mile rides to work to 350 mile all day rides and they are comfortable and do not bother my ears at all. One very nice thing is I do not have to blast my IPOD to hear the music. I can ride with it at a lot lower volume and hear the music better.

I am getting ready to order another set as a backup.

If you like riding with music check these out

i am curious to see how this works for folks. wera803 does bigear stuff and it works quite nice. custom molds, excellent sound....

From what I've heard, most of the "at home kits" don't go into your ear canal that far. They do block some wind noise, but probably only 15-20 dB. The custom molded one like Big Ear block 30 dB just because they go deeper and provide a better seal. They also don't crack the seal every time you move your head or open your mouth like I suspect most of the "at home" ones do.

As long as it works for you, that's all that matters. fing02.gif

• Member Contributer

I got the Fuze ones as a Christmas gift and threw them away after one ride. My regular old in ears work and sound better, even if they are harder to wear with the helmet.

• Member Contributer

I've had the Fuse for a couple of weeks now.

Prior to, I've been using a set of Etimotics ER6, which cord got cut and I can't figure out how to re-attach it. The wires are too thin to solder.

Any way, The Fuse comes with pretty decent headsets for the price. They can't compete with ER6 sound quality, but when on a bike, sound quality isn't that big-a deal any way.

While molding, one ear worked out pretty well and the other didn't. I suppose that it all depends on how you apply the goo. Thankfully, I got another mold to re-try.

As wera said, they do not block a lot of road noise, but they are comfortable. I guess if I had to do it again, I'd make a much better mold than the one I made the first time.

For me, the bottom line is that I don't ride enough to justify buying the nice stuff and Fuse is a workable alternative.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

We have been using these plugged into our Collett Electronics bike communicators and stream bluetooth phone and music into our helmets. The sound is incredible and the fit is fantastic. They even made the cord a custom length for us and put a 2.5mm plug on the end instead of the 3.5mm which is standard.

https://superiorsoundtechnology.com/AM-2.html

We had them molded by Superior Sound Technology at Infineon two years ago. This past year while at the races he molded custom plugs for all us for free since my boys are in the Navy and he does all military plugs at no charge. If you are going to the MotoGP in Monterey they will be in vendor row again this year.

Archived