Vfr Italia - These Guys Are Really Into It!

Beck

I've been running into uTube clips on VFR Italia Club and they seem to have a lot of fun over there with many club events. and rides. I found this pic from 2002 on their site that gives you an idea on how many show up to their VFR only events.

IV_VIC_Meeting_Cattolica_2002_800x3.jpg

Very impressive this group :beer: . I notice though that their latest videos show an overwhelming turnover to the VTEC for the club with only few 5th gens and much fewer 4th and 3rd gens hanging on. Must be a bit of peer pressure to continually update bikes with other members going on there, but if that works for their club, more power to them! I'm sure their just as frustrated as we are that Honda's taking so long to come up with a proper 7th gen! :biggrin:

I wonder if we have any VFR Italia members also here at VFRD that we can say hi to!

They look like a very fun group!

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Looks about 114 bikes but lost count. Yes very bored sitting here at -22*F today's high here. Even to cold to ride snowmachines.......

• Member Contributer
I wonder if we have any VFR Italia members also here at VFRD that we can say hi to!
Probably. I took a quick look at their site and saw photos of at least two bikes featured on this site (Toro1's and SAFE-T's)...

If I ever manage to semi-move to Bologna (splitting my time between London and my wife's home town in Italy), I'll have to check them out.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

That looks sweet, I like that not everyone has a 3rd or 4th gen. I like being a little different.

That would be a cool ride to see all of them rollin down a nice twisty (unsalted, unsanded, unrock infested road). {Inside joke}

Looks about 114 bikes but lost count. Yes very bored sitting here at -22*F today's high here. Even to cold to ride snowmachines.......

Well dog gone it, maybe you could put on your bunny boots and tell us what kind of "Bullchitna" the Russians are up to these days from your front porch! They're an exciting bunch too, ya know! :rolleyes:

Don't worry it will be spring before ya knowit!

Beck

95 VFR

In case you're still bored: count the number of VFs/VFRs in this pic :biggrin:

grotefotolapn43tjpr7.jpg

• Member Contributer

In case you're still bored: count the number of VFs/VFRs in this pic :biggrin:

grotefotolapn43tjpr7.jpg

I hope that grassy field isn't too soft... The domino effect could be too terrible to comprehend.

It is the motorcycle only parking, right behind the main stand of the Assen track. If you look closely you will see that in the middle of each row there is a 1' strip of concrete to support the side or center stand. My VFR should be in that pic too, but I son't see it. I guess it was parked a bit more to the left :laugh:

Here is a close up pic taken from space :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
Check out this link and see how many people are on this ride.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-42y5GDsQq...lgaria_1_parte/

Thats insane. :fing02:

Damned wine and cheese crowd, Italian bastards....hoarding all of the beautiful women AND the beautiful bikes! Wow, that is a bonafide club they have there. I can't imagine a turn out like that at one of our rides. I really like their club logo as well. I would like to get my hands on one of their shirts. OK, they're not bastards, I'm just the jealous type. Send me three Italian brides and I'll stop the trash talk. :wub:

• Member Contributer

In case you're still bored: count the number of VFs/VFRs in this pic :fing02:

grotefotolapn43tjpr7.jpg

I hope that grassy field isn't too soft... The domino effect could be too terrible to comprehend.

I also hope that isn't a low lying area lest it be turned into a Moto Guzzi event......

http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2007/08/mot...ut-by-flash.htm

Check out this link and see how many people are on this ride.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-42y5GDsQq...lgaria_1_parte/

Thats insane. :fing02:

That was actually the first video I bumped into from the group earlier this year.

Did you notice the the 6th gen with the custom fairing "enhancements" made of aluminium?

He did a great job on the solo seat/tail cowl section. Must be nice to live in the land where they still beat aluminium panels for exoticars and other things like VFRs! :wub:

Would it be worth risking sending the flaf to these guys to get a few sigs on it,........ or would they hold it for hostage? :ohmy:

I'd like to snag one of their cool looking club t-shirts myself!

Beck

95 VFR

Not only parked bikes:

I'm Italian but I'm not member of VFRItalia since I'm living in Greece last 4 years.

VFRItalia is not a simple internet forum, it is much more a club (with just 391 members); most of the members know each other and they meet often during the year; Italy is not that big country so it is easy for them to plan together a trip - all of them I mean - (I guess this is not so easy in US :ohmy: ).

So, my geographic location would not allow me to be really part of that club.

Too many vtec in Italy?

Italian's motorbike market it is mainly a "stock" market.

It means people do not customize so often their motorbike; this is because in Italy it is easier (for example) to sell a stock bike than a bike with an aftermarket muffler (even if the exhaust it is a really good one).

So, they keep the bike with all the original parts - even the screws - they mainly go for maintainance only at Honda dealers and in this way they are pretty sure they may easily sell it (and for good money, too). Other scenario, when the new model is coming out, they can easily exchange their bike at the dealer shop (paying the difference of course). And in this case better you keep your bike as stock as possible.

If the dealer see an aftermarket part they tell you immediately : "I can't give you much money for this because does not have all genuine parts".

My brother in Italy has a 5th gen...with a custom exhaust and custom fuel pressure regulator. He saved in the garage the original muffler and the original fuel pressure regulator....just in case.

:fing02:

A clean bike with not so many kilometers, no accident, not so old and with all the genuine parts is what the italians are looking for in the second hand market.

And something else very important: If you live in a big city in Italy (like Milano) better you buy a recent motorbike.

In some hours of the day the circulation in the center of the city is allowed only to the motorbikes that respect a specific EuroX regulation (Euro2 or Euro3, etc...).

That's why in the last years people don't keep their bike for too many years.

By the way in Italy there are a lot of customizations lovers... and extreem, too.

So, let's say...or stock...or 100% custom

:wub:

If one day I'll be back in Italy I'll join them for sure.

By the way, VFRD remains the best.

:beer:

Ciao

One of my desires is to take my RWB 07 VFR to Europe and tour, visiting my ancestral home in southern Italy. But, with not so much vacation(Holiday) time available to me due to the American idea that no one needs more than 2 weeks off every year (except teachers) that will have to wait. So for now I will make the trip to TMAC. Oh Well, one can dream can't they?

One of my desires is to take my RWB 07 VFR to Europe and tour, visiting my ancestral home in southern Italy. But, with not so much vacation(Holiday) time available to me due to the American idea that no one needs more than 2 weeks off every year (except teachers) that will have to wait. So for now I will make the trip to TMAC. Oh Well, one can dream can't they?

There's always retirement... :fing02: :wub:

Do you want me to go for you?

:fing02:

I really like their club logo as well. I would like to get my hands on one of their shirts.

Yeah, I'd like a T-shirt with that logo as well (long and short sleeve thank you very much). Instead of "It@lia Club" we could alter the logo to say "Viffer Trash" or some such disgusting bastardization.

That's an impressively large group of VFRs.

Especially since Italy is a pretty small country. :ph34r:

Not to mention they have their own manu's that make some damn cool bikes.

Think Ape, Duck, Goose. :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Oh rats,I gotta suffer with my Blackbird in Scotland(CBR1100XX to us Yanks) if I want to go to that event. :ph34r:

PS motorhead I'd save my pennies and vacation time to go to Itay(that's why I bought the BB).I've lived in Italy and ridden in southern Appalachians(the best riding in the East!) a dozen times or so and I'd trade 5 trips's down south for 1 trip to Italia.Blue Ridge or Alps?Hmm,let me think,let me think,....

If you have roots there as I do,it's like the new born turtle struggling to get in the ocean.It doesn't know why it's compelled to go there,it just knows it's right when it gets there.

Archived