Vfr Yearly Rally

Guest stinger03

VFRD Homecoming Rally?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a VFRD National Meet in ..?

• Colorado
    • Wyoming
    • New Mexico
    • Nebraska
    • South Dakota
    • Oklahoma
  2. 2. How Far Off?

• June 2008
    • July 2008
    • August 2008
    • September 2008
  3. 3. How Far would you be willing to Travel Round Trip

• 1000 miles or less
    • 1500 miles
    • 2000 miles
    • 3000 miles
    • More

• Member Contributer
I would like to hold a Colorado Rally some time in the future if I could gage interest, this I would host myself and it would be called the "VFRD Homecoming Meet" since well VFRD was Born here after all! I would be interested in feedback, most likely base it out of Salida because of its central location and hits all the great roads within a half days ride.

Add me to the interested count... :thumbsup:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to hold a Colorado Rally some time in the future if I could gage interest, this I would host myself and it would be called the "VFRD Homecoming Meet" since well VFRD was Born here after all! I would be interested in feedback, most likely base it out of Salida because of its central location and hits all the great roads within a half days ride.

Add me to the interested count... :thumbsup:

I'm definitely in for this... already missed meeting you once Miguel, I won't make that mistake again!

gallery_5444_2144_355597.jpg

Outside Craig's house in Col. Springs.jpg Ready to go!

gallery_5444_2144_569897.jpg

Glory shot.jpg

And I already know where the burgers are! :thumbsup:

gallery_5444_2144_113515.jpg

Huge burger!!!.jpg Red Top Burger!

:lol:

• Member Contributer

It's a long-as** ride to anywhere from the hinterland, but my vote would be for Colorado. In any case, I'd try to make it no matter where it was.

BTW, the PNW meet rotates location, and this year it will be in Nelson, BC.

• Member Contributer

Something of this magnitude would require great logistics and time frame. Maybe a small committee in the area of destination to start running

numbers and such. Say shoot for 2010? Allows for plenty of time to book plenty of time.

Coming from up North, I would need almost 2 weeks, would look at trailering down with a few riders, but would definitly be interested in a "Homecoming"

in HS's neighbourhood. Never been down there and seeing as I don't carry a gun, there would be strength in numbers.

I know the feeling of seeing 30 or so VFRD members at the PNW II meet in Newport. Imagine getting some major magazine coverage and sponsors

to take note of hundreds (or dare, thousand?) of multi-generation VFRs meeting for the gathering. What a line up!!!

I'd have to second this motion, as it where, with as many commitments that have already been made with PNW and TMAC, it would make sence to plan farther ahead like 2009 or 2010 for the best possible outcome of attendance and sponsorship. Colorado would also be my choice for a hook-up, it's been 21 years since living there and it would be nice to visit again.

• Member Contributer

I'd be happy to help with the logistics of a Co Rally.

Well, in Colorado, I've done a rally here.

http://www.mlazyc.com/

Randy and Brenda really took care of us. Right up until everyone had to be evacuated due to the Hayman fire. (Was started right over the ridge to the north of there.) Super dinner ride and some nice cabins and plenty of camping area. Great riding area and close for a Homecoming.

There is a dirt road entrance, but hell, we did it on Harleys!

I'd be up for another run to a place like that.

• Member Contributer
for what it is worth. The actual geographic center of the USA is just south of the kansas border with nebraska. due south and about 10 miles east of the 312mm in Nebraska...

Or is that for North america??

Relax, I said 'kinda'... Logistically it is better for us( the USPS not VFRD) to go to this area of the planet to meet given the airport availability and the stir to the local economy. NCED has been in Norman for many years and there is a top notch Marriott that is attached to it. There may be an area with better twisties anyway...

• Member Contributer

Colorado would be great, I did 4300 miles in 11 days in a mini van a fews years back(13) and I would love to go back. Black Canyon, million dollar highway... hmmmm..

Colorado would be great, I did 4300 miles in 11 days in a mini van a fews years back(13) and I would love to go back. Black Canyon, million dollar highway... hmmmm..

Rocky mtn. national park., pikes peak, the four corners. :beer:

The san juan skyway is my favorite, also called the million dollar highway.

Rocky mtn. national park., pikes peak, the four corners. :beer:

The san juan skyway is my favorite, also called the million dollar highway.

:goofy:

gallery_5444_2144_457850.jpg

Feeling like a million dollars.jpg

• Member Contributer
Maybe 09.......my 08 calendar is full. In fact about 3 over-laps I gotta' work out............ :goofy:

Cool 08 it is!

I hear this a lot........................ :P ......must be BR's cousin.............. :goofy:

The actual geographic center of the USA is just south of the kansas border with nebraska.

All the riding there is gravel, and straight.... but I'm game. smile.gif In nearby Minneapolis, KS there are some very unique rock formations. We'll hardly have enough time to fit everything in to two days.

rockcity3.jpg

I toured Kansas for 2 days. I saw The Tree, The Hill and The Curve!

Ah, you saw all the major attractions... but you missed The Pothole, and The Big Ball of Twine.

Pretty soon they will re-open The Big Well in tornado devestated Greensburg.

Come on back, there is lots to see.

If 'Martinkap' makes an appearance, I will personally lead a ride to the Czech Capital of Kansas. I know, above and beyond on my part. Please, hold your applause, it is the least I can do. I know she would want a photo of her VFR in front of this sign.

photo2.jpg

Maybe 09.......my 08 calendar is full. In fact about 3 over-laps I gotta' work out............ +1.gif

Cool 08 it is!

I hear this a lot........................ :P ......must be BR's cousin.............. +1.gif

With the time off n travel planning 09 would be probably be best for all.

Hotels-$

Gas --$

luggage--$

food--$

alcohol--$

vacation time--- more$$$

looks like i better start working a little more and less time off the road for riding.. :huh:

You guys keep this up my boss isnt gonna like me anymore. +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I vote Colorado. Though I doubt I would be able to make the trip. To much money and Vacation time would have to be spent. Not to mention I don't have anybody that I could ride over there with which is the main concern.

I vote Colorado. Though I doubt I would be able to make the trip. To much money and Vacation time would have to be spent. Not to mention I don't have anybody that I could ride over there with which is the main concern.

hey just pick me up on the way, as long as i have enough advance notice its doable for me.

Not to mention we could grab skuuter, Br and a few others along the way. It would be a group ride just getting there :thumbsup: +1.gif

• Forum CEO

2009? 2010? how about we send you a post card while we get together in 2008! Then you can come to the next one. I am changing my mind about Salida though, probably some town in the mountains near I-70 maybe one of the smaller ski towns, they can accommidate all sorts of groups - thats what they do! Then you can hit any number of great Colorado Loops!

Shoot Colorado Springs would be a good jumping off point for that matter!

• Forum CEO

Well I added a poll to the topic to help me gauge interest, I am shooting for 30 riders for a 2008 National Homecomming Rally - I would prefer to hold it in my home state of Colorado but I am Democratic enough to choose another centrally located state in the US so I picked some other States along the rockies and in the central plains.

Riding in the great plains is not challenging or fun in my opionion - its actually rather boring so you have to traverse that to get here from the east. Also Nevada, half of Arizona, Utah, Wyoming has its really boring parts too, Nevada is the worse, hot hot hot nothing form miles and miles - but that in itself is a solitude you just cant get anywhere else!

Colorado all the way! Prefer 2009 for planning purposes, but could swing it late 2008. Miles, schmiles. I'll do what I can to be there. I know I missed a lot of good stuff when I hurried through last year...

Archived