Vfr Yearly Rally

Guest stinger03

VFRD Homecoming Rally?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a VFRD National Meet in ..?

• Colorado
    • Wyoming
    • New Mexico
    • Nebraska
    • South Dakota
    • Oklahoma
  2. 2. How Far Off?

• June 2008
    • July 2008
    • August 2008
    • September 2008
  3. 3. How Far would you be willing to Travel Round Trip

• 1000 miles or less
    • 1500 miles
    • 2000 miles
    • 3000 miles
    • More

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

First choice would be something in Northern Colorado, second choice would be South Dakota, a 100 VFRs ending up in Sturgis during prime Harley season would just be priceless. Early 2009 as soon as the gravel is gone...early June?

• Member Contributer

Colorado would be great......wife and I are planning on doing an "out west" trip anyway. 08 though, is definetly out........09 at the soonest.................. B)

First choice would be something in Northern Colorado, second choice would be South Dakota, a 100 VFRs ending up in Sturgis during prime Harley season would just be priceless. Early 2009 as soon as the gravel is gone...early June?

I can see the Bike World's head lines now.

Rice burners cause Sturgis riot.

Today at 12 noon 150 red, yellow, white, black, and a few other colors Honda vfr's rolled down the main drag in Sturis,SD. 1 by 1 as they went by revving there engines as to mimic those Harley riders with short strait pipes. The whirl of a supercharger could be heard coming from within the orange fairings of the first bike. The loud zingy pitch of the other 149 was almost defening. Tomorrow the city council will convene to decide a new noise ordinace geared mainly towards those who ride motorcycles with loud pipes.

NO Harley's were crushed in the making of this article. :P

• Forum CEO
So long as we go nowhere near Denver and it's associated traffic! I'll still push for Lake George area.

Actually just west of Denver are some of the best roads Colorado has to offer, knowing which ones are free is the trick - time of day and all is important. Not enought responses to warrant a rally this year - as of yet. Still shooting for 30

• Member Contributer

I can see the Bike World's head lines now.

Rice burners cause Sturgis riot.

Today at 12 noon 150 red, yellow, white, black, and a few other colors Honda vfr's rolled down the main drag in Sturis,SD. 1 by 1 as they went by revving there engines as to mimic those Harley riders with short strait pipes. The whirl of a supercharger could be heard coming from within the orange fairings of the first bike. The loud zingy pitch of the other 149 was almost defening. Tomorrow the city council will convene to decide a new noise ordinace geared mainly towards those who ride motorcycles with loud pipes.

NO Harley's were crushed in the making of this article. :P

I'm allowed in either camp with the Triumph.................... :P .....fend for yourselves.............. :squid:

• Member Contributer
Colorado would be great, I did 4300 miles in 11 days in a mini van a fews years back(13) and I would love to go back. Black Canyon, million dollar highway... hmmmm..

Rocky mtn. national park., pikes peak, the four corners. :squid:

The san juan skyway is my favorite, also called the million dollar highway.

Soichiro if you're in, I'm IN! I'm serious. As long as I could tag along with you two. I won't ride all the way to CO by myself. If we know far enough in advance it should be easy to plan. I should have Lucy all recalled and valved up by then too!

My husband's only been hunting about 30 days so far this season so I think I'm DUE!! :P

Boy HS, that has to be the Most biased state poll I've ever seen! :o

Might as well just make all choices CO. :P

I've never even heard of those other states(no offense meant) B)

• Member Contributer
So long as we go nowhere near Denver and it's associated traffic! I'll still push for Lake George area.

Actually just west of Denver are some of the best roads Colorado has to offer, knowing which ones are free is the trick - time of day and all is important. Not enought responses to warrant a rally this year - as of yet. Still shooting for 30

Add me for one more. I will come.

09 would be possible, cost, logistics, prior plans make 08 impossible untill september and thats when the weather gets in the way in the rockies.

monument valley (where ever it is and the grand canyon would have to be fit in somewhere.

Hs your gonna need a group buy on tires and a changer handy for us east coast guys who are nuts enough not to trailor it..

• Member Contributer
Boy HS, that has to be the Most biased state poll I've ever seen! :o

Might as well just make all choices CO. :P

I've never even heard of those other states(no offense meant) B)

Come on line for ten minutes today while I'm playing secretary and taking your phone calls, and what do you do......"SUCK UP" to the CEO and leave again..........it's still all about you isn't it................. :huh:

• Member Contributer

i think some of the best riding on the planet is in the Arkansas/Missouri area that was mentioned earlier...out of your choices in the poll Colorado has the best roads to offer...Not to offend anyone in New Mexico. :P

If you have it I will bring at least 3 V-fours, early June best for me but I WIL make time whenever.

i think some of the best riding on the planet is in the Arkansas/Missouri area that was mentioned earlier...out of your choices in the poll Colorado has the best roads to offer...Not to offend anyone in New Mexico. :P

If you have it I will bring at least 3 V-fours, early June best for me but I WIL make time whenever.

Yeah, that was my point Keith. Add a great riding state like AR and it would give CO a run for it's money, otherwise he could have just had a poll asking when do you want to have the CO National! :lol:

• Forum CEO

Arkansas is nowhere near Central! Not if your comming from the West coast. The folks from the west coast have been rather silent here though, one guy from OR? I am thinking perhaps 09 would be best anyway. Looking at my schedual it will be tight. Last time I tried to organize a trip into the Ozarks only 8 guys showed up!!

• Member Contributer

I'd be in for 09, already got 08 planned and booked, what with the ride down to Laguna in July and the Kootenay hootenanny in August, it doesn't leave me with a whole lot of vacation left over for this in 08, but make it 09 and I'd in for sure.

• Member Contributer

"CENTRAL" might not be that big of an issue as long as there are great roads and scenery in the "picked" area. Seems like a VFR Yearly Rally oughta' leave everyone with a real need to return again the next year because the roads and scenery represent the best they ever traveled on a bike..........skuuter

• Member Contributer

True, AR is not in the center of the US but KS is a wasted ride...once we hit Limon? (I think) everything starts to look doable again. :huh: Heck, we could make Cali by sundown if we hit Denver by lunch (J/K)

I hope to meet a large contingent from the west coast there...do it this year HS.

• Member Contributer

I know it's bad for the Tennessee area and it's border states to "Hog-Up" all the rides, but Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama represent some of the twistiest, scenic, most fun riding on a motorcycle that exists in the USA. A national event could float in and out of these areas changing yearly for a long time before they were "used up".........take a long time before routes were duplicated........... B) :thumbsup:

True, AR is not in the center of the US but KS is a wasted ride...once we hit Limon? (I think) everything starts to look doable again. :goofy: Heck, we could make Cali by sundown if we hit Denver by lunch (J/K)

I hope to meet a large contingent from the west coast there...do it this year HS.

:huh:

Denver to cali is doable in a day actually about 15 hrs i guess on a bike. took me 18 once in a 18wheeler driving strait thru. just dont go thru vegas on a sunday nite headed south, bumper to bumper all the way to barstow,ca :offtopic:

Arkansas is nowhere near Central! Not if your comming from the West coast. The folks from the west coast have been rather silent here though, one guy from OR? I am thinking perhaps 09 would be best anyway. Looking at my schedual it will be tight. Last time I tried to organize a trip into the Ozarks only 8 guys showed up!!

Well I am going to come to any rally I can in 08. But as far as being from Oregon and many others I know from the weat coast I have no interest in doing a ride to the Ozarks.....I know I know....Im a an idiot and am missing out on the beauty but frankly....the Rockies and West of it offer up the best riding in the states overall. If we can get it somewhere central then I think a lot of guys would show. I'll go to any ride.....just not to the ozarks or some other corn fed hillbilly punch spot! ha!. :P

• Member Contributer
Well I added a poll to the topic to help me gauge interest, I am shooting for 30 riders for a 2008 National Homecomming Rally - I would prefer to hold it in my home state of Colorado but I am Democratic enough to choose another centrally located state in the US so I picked some other States along the rockies and in the central plains.

Riding in the great plains is not challenging or fun in my opionion - its actually rather boring so you have to traverse that to get here from the east. Also Nevada, half of Arizona, Utah, Wyoming has its really boring parts too, Nevada is the worse, hot hot hot nothing form miles and miles - but that in itself is a solitude you just cant get anywhere else!

I would love some kind of National VFR meet - but activity wise - some road rides is great, but would like to add a track day, a best modded bike contest, maybe a group dinner 'n drink'em.

I spent some time in Colorado and would love a week on the road there. For moment though it's a damn long drone from Ohio.

I - 70 all the way into Denver.

30 riders? How 'bout 500 for a meet?

MD

Well I added a poll to the topic to help me gauge interest, I am shooting for 30 riders for a 2008 National Homecomming Rally - I would prefer to hold it in my home state of Colorado but I am Democratic enough to choose another centrally located state in the US so I picked some other States along the rockies and in the central plains.

Riding in the great plains is not challenging or fun in my opionion - its actually rather boring so you have to traverse that to get here from the east. Also Nevada, half of Arizona, Utah, Wyoming has its really boring parts too, Nevada is the worse, hot hot hot nothing form miles and miles - but that in itself is a solitude you just cant get anywhere else!

I would love some kind of National VFR meet - but activity wise - some road rides is great, but would like to add a track day, a best modded bike contest, maybe a group dinner 'n drink'em.

I spent some time in Colorado and would love a week on the road there. For moment though it's a damn long drone from Ohio.

I - 70 all the way into Denver.

30 riders? How 'bout 500 for a meet?

MD

Try doing it from NY. Roughly 2000 miles of Interstate to Colorado Springs! I'd ride that to meet 30 people, but not 500. It would be crazy, not just to try to meet everyone, but also to organize the rides and keep a high safety factor...

• Member Contributer
Try doing it from NY. Roughly 2000 miles of Interstate to Colorado Springs! I'd ride that to meet 30 people, but not 500. It would be crazy, not just to try to meet everyone, but also to organize the rides and keep a high safety factor...

Yep, 500 people would make a great Bash/ Party, but groups of 50 on rides would be both useless and dangerous......"VFR Sturgis".............. :beer:

Archived