Vfr Yearly Rally

Guest stinger03

VFRD Homecoming Rally?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a VFRD National Meet in ..?

• Colorado
    • Wyoming
    • New Mexico
    • Nebraska
    • South Dakota
    • Oklahoma
  2. 2. How Far Off?

• June 2008
    • July 2008
    • August 2008
    • September 2008
  3. 3. How Far would you be willing to Travel Round Trip

• 1000 miles or less
    • 1500 miles
    • 2000 miles
    • 3000 miles
    • More

Guest stinger03

I think we should organize a once a year rally for all VFR owners to get together somewhere in the US for a weekend of riding and meeting. Several car clubs IE Miata do this once a year at the DRAGON in NC. Callled Miatas at the GAP. Might be fun

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already do the T-Mac and Fall rides there which i think have been the biggest ones in the US so far, even tried a National a year or two ago there and got wiped out by one of the left over Hurricanes. :o

But, Go for it! :wheel:

• Member Contributer
I think we should organize a once a year rally for all VFR owners to get together somewhere in the US for a weekend of riding and meeting. Several car clubs IE Miata do this once a year at the DRAGON in NC. Callled Miatas at the GAP. Might be fun

What part of the country would be a good?

• Member Contributer

What part of the country would be a good?

Anything but Detroit...

• Member Contributer

Need to find a place where you would get both sides of the country would like to meet, east meets west kind of thing....WY or Co?

Need to find a place where you would get both sides of the country would like to meet, east meets west kind of thing....WY or Co?

Or the Ozarks?

Just do it man, plan a ride and "they will come". I started doing a Fall ride in my area, and it grew 100% from the first year to this year, planning for higher numbers in '08! :wheel:

Another brand I ride does this twice a year. Once in Eastern Tennesse, then next weekend in Co or NM. Lot of folks do the cross country thing for their vacation. Been going on for 15years now. Was originally just one meet in Ill, but got split to two coasts for those who couldn't take the distance.

Or the Ozarks?

Just do it man, plan a ride and "they will come". I started doing a Fall ride in my area, and it grew 100% from the first year to this year, planning for higher numbers in '08! :goofy:

Doubling to 2 people is not a huge gain! :lol: j/k Seb.

Yeah the Ozarks are the most centralized abundant riding area IMO. :wheel:

Or the Ozarks?

Just do it man, plan a ride and "they will come". I started doing a Fall ride in my area, and it grew 100% from the first year to this year, planning for higher numbers in '08! :goofy:

Yeah the Ozarks are the most centralized abundant riding area IMO. :wheel:

I knew while typing that someone would hit me with that, but it's ok, you owed me one... :P

We went from 7 to 15! Might make it a 2 day event next year. :beer:

Well I'm game, pick a date, time and location and I'll be there if it isn't all the way on the other side of the country. I would prefer a midwest location, split the difference.

Maybe we should meet in Indiana around September? I hear Indianapolis is nice that time of year. :D

You wouldnt want to propose the Indy motogp for 08 by any chance would you.. Just a guess :P

The corner of AR, MO, OK would probably be a good place. although the west coast may opt for something else. there is a ozarks ride about the same time frame as t-mac.. If they werent so close together it would be a great possibility I would guess.

• Member Contributer

I work for the USPS. We have a facility in Norman Oklahoma that's kinda in the center of it all. Haven't ridden there yet... I drive there all the time though. So maybe Norman, Oklahoma City, Tulsa??? Just a thought...

• Member Contributer

Great idea... and by rights it should be held in Hispanic Slammer's neck of the woods...

after all... it's because of his efforts that we are all here... besides he knows some great

roads not to mention he takes great video...

• Member Contributer

Or the Ozarks?

Just do it man, plan a ride and "they will come". I started doing a Fall ride in my area, and it grew 100% from the first year to this year, planning for higher numbers in '08! :beer:

Yeah the Ozarks are the most centralized abundant riding area IMO. :rolleyes:

I knew while typing that someone would hit me with that, but it's ok, you owed me one... :P

We went from 7 to 15! Might make it a 2 day event next year. :beer:

Two days sounds good to me Seb :D

• Forum CEO

There are several big rallys held here on VFRD all of which are competley born out of the membership itself

The Pacific Northwest Rally is held every year in August in the Oregon in memory of a fallen Member Rich Merrille who died riding his bike. Its just as big as the TMac 3 years going now!

of course you already saw the mention of the

TexasMac ride held in the Great Smokey Mountains every spring its the biggest vfrd meet 4 years going strong and growing I have been once and loved it.

The annuall Reno Meet is another smaller meet held in Reno NV held usually in July I believe 3 years going now

The Fall Dragon meet is also popular 2 years going now held in the deals gap area, smaller than Tmac but just as fun. I attended this one as well

I would like to hold a Colorado Rally some time in the future if I could gage interest, this I would host myself and it would be called the "VFRD Homecoming Meet" since well VFRD was Born here after all! I would be interested in feedback, most likely base it out of Salida because of its central location and hits all the great roads within a half days ride.

Dutch holds the Texas Meet every October in the Texas Hill country 3 years going now as well, great fun been there myself

I held a Pig chasin meet in the Ozarks last April and had some great fun, 8 guys showed up it was fun, maybe sombody else can take up the cause on that one, If I were to hold another one I have a great place to stay that can accommidate a large group of bikes, in Eureka Springs, there was a big dual sport rally going on when we showed up, they have several buildings and lots of space for bikes. The Ozarks are some of the best motorcycle roads in the US.

so you see we are quite active already, stay tuned!

Colorado for homecoming. Sign me up, I am so there.

Colorado is the most scenic state that I have seen. It is also damn near the middle of the country. East meets west and some Kanadiens. Lets do it.

• Member Contributer

Maybe 09.......my 08 calendar is full. In fact about 3 over-laps I gotta' work out............ :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Maybe 09.......my 08 calendar is full. In fact about 3 over-laps I gotta' work out............ :rolleyes:

Cool 08 it is! I'd like to see Colorado with my bike. I could pull wingman duties Doug. You got this figured out yet HS?

Kansas is in the middle of everything.

.... and our roads are straight so all skill levels can participate.

I toured Kansas for 2 days. I saw The Tree, The Hill and The Curve!

:P :D

• Member Contributer

Something of this magnitude would require great logistics and time frame. Maybe a small committee in the area of destination to start running

numbers and such. Say shoot for 2010? Allows for plenty of time to book plenty of time.

Coming from up North, I would need almost 2 weeks, would look at trailering down with a few riders, but would definitly be interested in a "Homecoming"

in HS's neighbourhood. Never been down there and seeing as I don't carry a gun, there would be strength in numbers.

I know the feeling of seeing 30 or so VFRD members at the PNW II meet in Newport. Imagine getting some major magazine coverage and sponsors

to take note of hundreds (or dare, thousand?) of multi-generation VFRs meeting for the gathering. What a line up!!!

Archived