He was a valued member, a great friend and I will miss him!

• Member Contributer

Damn.  I didn't get to meet him, but I bought some SP1 forks from him five years ago.  He was a stand-up guy.  My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Ciao,

JZH

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

That is great picture of Lance, a face and smile I will always remember. Thank You Grum!

• Like 1

I'm very sorry to hear of this tragic loss to you Darryl, and the VFR community. 

I am willing and able to make & engrave a commemorative plate/plaque for your header build Darryl. You know where to reach me when you're ready.

Godspeed Lance & best wishes to all affected.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
On 10/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, SEBSPEED said:

I'm very sorry to hear of this tragic loss to you Darryl, and the VFR community. 

I am willing and able to make & engrave a commemorative plate/plaque for your header build Darryl. You know where to reach me when you're ready.

I think that would be great. I would be willing to buy one and put it on my headers.

I was going to look into what it would take to get these made, but if you think you have this covered, it's all you.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 10/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, SEBSPEED said:

So, I guess my question is... Do you have this covered?

• Member Contributer

Damn Darryl, so sorry for your loss. Very sad to hear Lance has died. 

He was a cornerstone of this site but also a great man. I’ll remember how tireless the two of you were on the Wyld header project. And what a gentleman he was on the Factory Pro shifter group buy. 

And he was always keen to help us members with advice, even when his own life was hectic. He helped me figure out my Kawasaki front end swap - generous with his time and knowledge. 

Sorry for your loss, mate. I’ll miss him too. 

• Like 2

• Member Contributer
On 11/4/2023 at 7:19 AM, Ziffer said:

So, I guess my question is... Do you have this covered?

Sorry for the delay, Seb and I did have a discussion about this and threw around some ideas. We were going to follow up on this, as right now though, I have been really busy with work, finishing at one company and starting with another (No break in between). This and some personal things I have to deal with but we haven’t given up on the topic. One idea that Seb had was maybe a key fob, kind of like a dog tag, as a possibility. This way it would be more visible than a header plate, as a plate would require some additional work to put it on the header, plus finding a place to put it where one could see it. Another thought was maybe something to go on the top triple clamp, but again here how to have it mounted. Just some ideas to toss around.

I’m also still in the process of helping the family out with all of Lance’s motorcycle stuff, he had quite a lot of it. I’ll be helping clear out his garage and “Moto Shed” and will most likely take possession of some of his bikes to help sell them. This Saturday I’ll be going to his garage and grab the bikes he had there. If he has any VFR goodies, I’ll most likely be posting them up for sale here on the forum. All the money will go to the family.

• Member Contributer

Perhaps a plate for the silencer with high-heat 3M.  It could accompany the plate of the muffler of choice (or even replace it).  Thin enough to custom shape for the curvature of the specific muffler before applying.  Our planner at work laser engraves thin metal business cards, I had him put a Honda wing on mine.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
On 11/8/2023 at 5:49 AM, Captain 80s said:

Perhaps a plate for the silencer with high-heat 3M.  It could accompany the plate of the muffler of choice (or even replace it).  Thin enough to custom shape for the curvature of the specific muffler before applying.  Our planner at work laser engraves thin metal business cards, I had him put a Honda wing on mine.

When I get back home from my new job orientation, I’ll start to look into this again. Right now l’ll be heading home soon. My plane lands at 9PM tonight then I need to be up and on the road about 4:00A-4:30A to be on the road to Vegas to help get Lance’s stuff brought back to my place in Anaheim. Probably be beat as all get out on Sunday but once I get back to normal hours I’ll be sure to get back on this.

Cheers,

D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Haven't checked in here in a while. What a drag to hear about Lance. Never met him in person, but we had some email contact when I bought my pair of headers. Seemed like a stand-up dude with a good sense of humor..

Wear your helmets kids even if you're just screwing around.

Hope you're doing OK Darryl been a rough year for you.

• Like 1

Hi,  am so sorry for your loss, Friends Of Lance, I found out the day after Thanksgiving about Lance’s tragic passing from my mutual friends Facebook post. I’ve known Lance for many years and we lost touch for a while there, but we were back in touch since early 2016.  Hearing  about Lance was such a shock and I share in your deep sadness and also your respect and love of this wonderful person who left us way too soon for sure. Not having much information, and not being certain I had contact information for his family, I did a Google search and very thankfully found your post here. I am a few weeks now past the realization that Lance is no longer with us and thank you for the photos and the stories you posted. I found some old emails from Lance fhat included his family emails (jokes he sent as mass mailings, so I’ve since reconnected with his dad and I will be at his service tomorrow. You are right he was wise beyond his years and funny and an incredible writer, and pretty much good at anything he tried his hand at. I’m hopeful that he’s doing good work from the other side as lots of help is needed on this planet. May his memory be a huge blessing for all who knew him. Take the best care, his friend, Karen 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer

Ah man Darryl, so sorry to hear this. Lance was such good guy. Haven't been on here at all lately. I just knew him as your friend Lance and the most surprisingly helpful, friendly and sincere person I'd come across from VFRDS. Kind of like yourself. No wonder you guys were close. You have my number. Let me know if you need anything. 

Ride In Peace Lance.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer
28 minutes ago, VFR Capt.Bob said:

Ah man Darryl, so sorry to hear this. Lance was such good guy. Haven't been on here at all lately. I just knew him as your friend Lance and the most surprisingly helpful, friendly and sincere person I'd come across from VFRDS. Kind of like yourself. No wonder you guys were close. You have my number. Let me know if you need anything. 

Ride In Peace Lance.

Thanks brother. Yeah, just attended his memorial service a couple of hours ago. Even though this happened a couple of months ago, it's still hard to believe and to deal with. I know I'll get over it, but man it hit me hard.

• Like 3