• 1986-87 VFR700/750F RC24
    • 1988-89 VFR750F RC24/2 "Europe model"
    • 1990-93 VFR750F RC36
    • 1994-97 VFR750F RC36(/2)
    • 1998-2001 VFR800Fi RC46
    • 2002-09 VFR800F VETC RC46 (/2)
    • 2010-> VFR1200F
    • 2014-> VFR800F RC79

So witch of the VFR´s, and F models, not R´s like the RC30, is the best looking?

1.1986-87 VFR750/700F

vfr750f1986-1024x682.jpg

2. 1988-89 VFR750F

20120115233312-_15_01_2012_23_33_12vfr_7

3. 1990-93 VFR750F

020_Test%20und%20Technik_Honda%20VFR%20a

4. 1994-97 VFR750F

Honda%20VFR750F%2094%20%205.jpg

5. 1998-2001 VFR800Fi

021611middle.jpg

6. 2002-09 VFR800F VTEC

honda-vfr-800-f-03.jpg

7. 2010-> VFR1200F

2010_honda_vfr1200f_bike_widescreen-wide

8. 2014-> VFR800F

2014%2F02%2F2014_VFR800F.jpg

And tell what color also of the model you think is best looking!

Man, this is a tough call. I love the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and 8th gen no matter what. But there are certain angles where the 7th just looks great. At almost all angles the 6th & 8th look great.

If I had to pick just one though, I would probably say the 6th is the best overall looking of the VFR's, followed by the 8th.

Best VFR in my experience though is a fight between the 5th & 7th!

• Member Contributer

I may be biased but I love the 4th Gens curvy lines...but with the 3rd gens White

IMG 0020

the first and the second looks good but the third is the best looking my opinon, not that the rest is ugly - they are from diffrent times, and they are honda's all of them :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I really like the 1st gen.

I truly love the 6th gen --love at first sight like Seb-- with the 8th a close second.

I don't mind the 7th too much, nor the other ones but they don't do much to me.

Don't like the 5th gen.

C

• Member Contributer

The only one of the bunch that really turned me off was the VFR 1200... Shamu.

5th Gen

8th Gen

6th Gen

4th Gen

3rd Gen

The 5th gen has aged the most gracefully IMHO. It would not look out of place on a showroom today next to the latest offerings. The 4th and prior, although beautiful, definitely look dated now.

8th gen has an unfair advantage since its the latest/ greatest. I think overall they have done a great job with the styling, and plan to replace my 25th Anniversary with one down the line. Hopefully when they do something with the paint like the 25th (maybe for the 30th).

7th Gen- what were they thinking?

For myself, I think the 3rd gen is the best looking, and specific the Red US 1992 whit gold wheels.

Still I find myself most wanting a RC24, the only thing I don`t like of it is the dashboard, aside the US round once....and still I got myself a VF500F2...

• Member Contributer

This is a tough one. For me, the ultimate VFR would have the front end from the 5th gen, the integrated turn signals from the 4th, and the underseat exhaust/tail from the 6th. Of all the current offerings, I still think I like the overall look of the 5th the best.

• Member Contributer

Before I knew anything about modern or semi-modern sportbikes, I thought most looked the same. I could not tell what was what. Except for the green ones. Easy peasy; Kawi

Then I noticed the one with the widow's peak between the twin headlights. That was the one I liked best. Never really identified the name.

Flash forward to 2006. Saw an add for an '01 VFR800. Looked it up on the web and came across "Living With The VFR". That was what I was looking for; something that could be ridden long distances and still have fun when you got there. That plus the MOTY awards sealed the deal.

When I saw it live I realized I'd liked this before.

(The VTEC did discourage me from the ABS sixth gens.)

That it was very shiney Arrest Me Red was icing on the cake.

Fifth gens forever for me.

• Member Contributer

This is a tough one. For me, the ultimate VFR would have the front end from the 5th gen, the integrated turn signals from the 4th, and the underseat exhaust/tail from the 6th. Of all the current offerings, I still think I like the overall look of the 5th the best.

Agreed! That's just the type of mad thinking that started my project build. 5th Gen engine/ front end with a 6th gen subframe/ underseat exhausts. The integrated front signals however will be removed entirely and moved to the mirrors.

• Member Contributer

I cant pick just one. But if you say all Honda V4 sporting bikes--- Hands down the RC30. Drop dead gorgeous. :cool:

• Member Contributer

I cant pick just one. But if you say all Honda V4 sporting bikes--- Hands down the RC30. Drop dead gorgeous. :cool:

RC30 is the obvious choice of course!!! Second place would be the NC30, followed by the NC35 and RC45 :cool:

I think we were just talking about the other bikes of the family though.

• Member Contributer

There's a '93 white model, which was sold in Canada that was honestly, achingly beautiful. Couldn't afford one then. Then the 4th gen came out. To me, they are the pinnacle. Love the fifth too, and though biased against the vtec, love my RWB. This really helps the discussion I am sure. :goofy: Love them all. 5th gen, maybe best VFR ever. But not the most beautiful. '93 white. Then 4th gen red. Although the RC30 is simply ace,,,,,,

Dave

I liked my 03 VTEC for looks, why was the 25th anniversary edition left off the list? For now it is my 8th gen, because I live with it every day.

• Member Contributer

Tho I voted for the 5th gen, I was torn between it and the 3rd gen. The 8 spoke wheel alone puts it high on my list. IMHO the most beautiful wheel ever put on a motorcycle. Of that gen, the all white '93 is my favorite.

RC30 is the obvious choice of course!!! Second place would be the NC30, followed by the NC35 and RC45 :cool:

I think we were just talking about the other bikes of the family though.

Correct!

So witch of the VFR´s, and F models, not R´s like the RC30, is the best looking?

Im biased. The 7th gen. If the vf750 interceptor would have been in the voting i would have chose that.

You think it should have been listed?

I slimmed down to just VFR and F models to get the list a bit shorter.

I was thinking of starting a poll of just the VF____F bikes, as one for the VF/VFR__________R bikes to

Archived