Motogp 2015 Season . . . Five Manufacturers! W/spoilers

choco

Don't look now but the recent tests in Sepang indicate that there are actually four manufacturers with a chance of winning races, with Aprilia a dark horse. Even Suzuki with Aleix Espargo and Vinales are running close to the front. The Hondas are awesome as usual, the Yamaha's have the full seamless gearboxes, meaning clutch less downshifts as well as upshifts. Ducati has their GP 15, smaller, with a tilted engine, with better front end feel, no more under steer? Aprilia is still developing but I expect they will be competitive.

In one year we've gone from 2 1/2 competitive manufacturers to possibly five and I think Crutchlow will be a force and I think consistency, finishing high up the pole, not winning all the time and crashing other times, will be key this year.

Marquez is still the fastest, but I don't think we're going to see him win the first 10 races of the year again. There will be a lot of competition all year and the Ducatis are going to be in the mix, this time, in the closing laps as well.

Yeah, watch on MotoGP as you get all the warm ups and qualifying and all the old races.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

This is testing, only. Remember the Ducatis cannot use the hard compound, so like last year, the second half of the race they move backwards. When they get Gigi's new bike sorted out they'll be competitive and battling for podiums. Threat for the title? No way. That bike needs a full year development. The Andreas only riding it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Suzuki? Forget it man. Battling with the satellite and open class bikes all year.

The Aprilia is a nail.

Like most years this year will come down to Yamaha and Honda and their factory riders. Hopefully Gigi and Ducati nailed it and can catch up by mid season. I wouldn't go expecting much for 2015, just different colored bikes in the middle and rear packs. And hopefully Cal on podiums.

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't count anyone or any manufacturer out at the moment. 18 riders within 2 seconds of the leader, last year it was 15 & the times were 0.7sec slower, so things have improved, with 7 riders faster that the fastest last year.

Iannone is on a new Ducati too & up to 4th already, which is better than Dovi, he is a hard riders & with so many being so close at the top, there is room for accidents & mistakes to make a big impact on the end results. Remember it only takes one mistake, like Marquez last year to ruin your race, one minor accident like Danni the year before to ruin your season !

• Member Contributer

Do they have race tracks in Canada ? All that space no people or not enough to finance a world class racetrack, only ever seen street racing in Canada.

• Member Contributer

Do they have race tracks in Canada ? All that space no people or not enough to finance a world class racetrack, only ever seen street racing in Canada.

Mosport comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others. There were three WSB races there in the early 1990s. And even a "MotoGP" in 1967! (Thanks, Wikipedia)

Ciao,

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve

but i have no idea how many million$ it would take to bring it up to FIM standards.

this, in a country that gets 6 months of winter per year.........

same thing here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_Mont-Tremblant

• Member Contributer

I wouldn't count anyone or any manufacturer out at the moment. 18 riders within 2 seconds of the leader, last year it was 15 & the times were 0.7sec slower, so things have improved, with 7 riders faster that the fastest last year.

Iannone is on a new Ducati too & up to 4th already, which is better than Dovi, he is a hard riders & with so many being so close at the top, there is room for accidents & mistakes to make a big impact on the end results. Remember it only takes one mistake, like Marquez last year to ruin your race, one minor accident like Danni the year before to ruin your season !

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/02/26/2015_motogp_sepang_2_day_3_round_up_marq.html

• 4 weeks later...

This weekend, folks! It's going to be crowded at the front this year. I'm glad I have my MotoGp subscription so I can watch the practices, qualifying and races and have access to past years races.

This weekend, folks! It's going to be crowded at the front this year. I'm glad I have my MotoGp subscription so I can watch the practices, qualifying and races and have access to past years races.

+1

In previous years, I've relied on friends with coverage, to provide copies of races, so I often unintenionally found out the results before I'd watched the races. Last year, we had a free-to-air sports channel that had MotoGP coverage, but they went bust. So, yesterday, to make sure I didn't miss out, I signed up for a Videopass at MotoGP.com. It was my wife's idea :491: She likes to watch her "baby" (aka Mark Marc Marquez) win. Traitor!

I think Dani Pedrosa is the best MotoGp racer to never have won a title. Maybe he can get it done this year if he can improve his opening laps, his Achilles heel--ironically, before Jorge mastered the start, Pedro was the hole shot artist.

So for everyone that doesn't have the VideoPass, I have always watched the races on Fox Sports 1 (the old SpeedTV). Looks like this weekend it is being aired on Fox Sports 2 on Sunday, which doesn't appear to be a common channel in most packages available. They aren't airing it on Fox Sports 1 until Wednesday morning at 3 am. :mad:

Are they just trying to piss off people on purpose?

Holy Suzuki, Batman!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/marquez-leads-opening-motogp-practice-at-losail-international-circuit/

So for everyone that doesn't have the VideoPass, I have always watched the races on Fox Sports 1 (the old SpeedTV). Looks like this weekend it is being aired on Fox Sports 2 on Sunday, which doesn't appear to be a common channel in most packages available. They aren't airing it on Fox Sports 1 until Wednesday morning at 3 am. :mad:

They don't understand motorcycle racing. When Speed channel was on they had scant coverage of motorcycle racing, we can't even find World Superbike on TV. We get tractor pulls, and swamp buggies and all that deep south racing, but very little top level motorcycle racing. We should occupy the media.

No more, "Pimp my Ride," crap when we're looking for RACING!

• Member Contributer

I switched all that shit off over ten years ago. Cancel that crap and get a motogp.com membership so you can watch uninterrupted races in HD.

• Member Contributer

I switched all that shit off over ten years ago. Cancel that crap and get a motogp.com membership so you can watch uninterrupted races in HD.

Same here. Added bonus...when I'm bored during the offseason, I can surf through previous seasons.

Are you guys married, or have live-in significant others, that don't have cable/satellite? Watching MotoGP 24/7 would be fine with me, but I doubt my girlfriend would go for it. :goofy:

I think it is one of those comfort things. Even though there seems like nothing is on the TV, there has always been 150 channels to surf through and eventually find something to watch when it is rainy or cold outside. We already have Netflix and Amazon Prime to stream stuff with. Could take the extra desktop out of the spare bedroom and make it a dedicated streaming computer to the TV.

Do you guys stream local news somehow to the TV?

• Member Contributer

We use an over the air antenna to get the 5 major networks in HD. I added a no fee Channel Master DVR for recording. I connect my lap top to stream MotoGP or rent movies. Wife is very happy because I no longer waste 45 minutes scrolling through an endless stream of garbage trying to find an hour long show to watch.

Archived