Official 13Th Annual Texasmac Event Thread 2016

• Member Contributer

Well your up to 20 now. Registered the wife and I. Got to get new tires for her bike but think will wait till it stops snowing for f*&k sakes

Will you be bringing your Ninja this year, too?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'll be signing up soon but it is so hard to not be out riding or changing tires when I'm not working. It's April and I have installed 2 new sets of tires on the ST, 2 on the Versys and 1 on the NC.

WNC and NGA are in fantastic condition this year (even Ellijay).

• Member Contributer

Elijay sucks, no matter what condition. However, I will be riding it out of town at some point.

• Member Contributer

Just got reservation at Microtel. Will be signing up very soon. Looking forward to getting back in the mountains and riding. I'll trade "11 Turns in 318 miles" (Florida and Gulf Coast) for "318 turns in 11 miles" any day. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Its been TOO long.

• Member Contributer

Hotel reservations are done. I'm not confident it isn't screwed up. She had to get help when I asked for the VFRd/Kevin Bailey discount. The 888 number didn't work for me either, had to dial direct at 828-349-9000.

Arriving Tuesday. Wishing KanadianKen could make it down so I could stuff him in a corner (again).

• Member Contributer

Hotel reservations are done. I'm not confident it isn't screwed up. She had to get help when I asked for the VFRd/Kevin Bailey discount. The 888 number didn't work for me either, had to dial direct at 828-349-9000.

Arriving Tuesday. Wishing KanadianKen could make it down so I could stuff him in a corner (again).

I'm with ya on the Microtel. Business must be good with the pricing and cancellation policy. Next year I hope they miss our business.......... :wink: I miss the old Franklin Motel. It wasn't new but it worked well and Ashley was a good sport and reliable. No big deal since the bike is really where I want to stay.... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Is the eventbrite list up to date. I thought I successfully registered over a week ago but I'm not showing up?

Rick M (rdmcd)

OK it looks like 30 of you suckers have signed up now so I guess I'll have to plan this thing now.

Look for a Tmac T-shirt design contest coming soon.

Rick let me see what the story is on your reg.

BR

For the last week and a half I've been having flashbacks to TMACs past... so many good memories... I'm really going to regret not making it this year. I hope I can make it next year. Will miss all of you and all those hot sunny curves.

Can one or more of you early birds please check on Bruce's cross?

• Member Contributer

For the last week and a half I've been having flashbacks to TMACs past... so many good memories... I'm really going to regret not making it this year. I hope I can make it next year. Will miss all of you and all those hot sunny curves.

Will do.

• Member Contributer

Will do.

Take me with you please CC; I've never been there.

• Member Contributer

Will do.

Take me with you please CC; I've never been there.

Ok. We need to try to keep the groups small when visiting the site as there is very little run off room for parking and it is on a hill.

• Member Contributer

I was going to stop on Sunday but the group behind me was charging pretty hard. I will stop by this weekend and check on it.

Sux you won't be there this year Sebastian, you and your sparkler knee sliders will be missed.

Kimball

On 2016-04-15 at 3:21 PM, y2kvfr said:

Hotel reservations are done.  I'm not confident it isn't screwed up.  She had to get help when I asked for the VFRd/Kevin Bailey discount.  The 888 number didn't work for me either, had to dial direct at 828-349-9000.

Arriving Tuesday.  Wishing KanadianKen could make it down so I could stuff him in a corner (again).

Good people get what they wish for brother............   I'm back in.

After a lot of sorrow and a very crappy situation, my dearly departed father is smiling down on me now.......  as I have the green light from the amazing company I work for to take the time I need to recharge my mental batteries, and have some fun in the North Carolina twisties with you fuhkkers.  I'm Back!!!!

Now to book the Microtel, and make the travel plans.  Guess its time to uncover the VFR and see if its still hiding under the blanket.......

I now have something really nice to look forward to. 

Travis - stuff away!!

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, KanadianKen said:

I now have something really nice to look forward to. 

Travis - stuff away!!

Word.  You've made my day!

Archived