Prb's 5Th Gen Restore And Rebuild Project!

PirateRiderBen

• Member Contributer

There was a door prize of a 5th gen subframe at 2015 TMAC... anybody take it home and not use it?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headers are off! Man they are rough. Going to sandblast them and see what I come Up with. Then a satin black high temp powder coating. The Erion pipe is gonna get a re do as well probably in gloss black.

post-27973-0-90373500-1456205280.jpeg

post-27973-0-16738800-1456205302.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Silver wheels look nice. I'd love to see the headers when your done, before you put them back on.

The wheels are going to be polished face, with black powder coating in the inside.

I know shiny isn't popular here, but I always wanted my old VFR to have polished wheels. So I'm going for it here.

I'll make sure to update with headers finished. Probably next week, no promises though!

• Member Contributer

The wheels are going to be polished face, with black powder coating in the inside.

I know shiny isn't popular here, but I always wanted my old VFR to have polished wheels. So I'm going for it here.

I'll make sure to update with headers finished. Probably next week, no promises though!

If you are talking about polishing the rim with black powder coated spokes, I think that would look fabulous. I had similar wheels on my old Integra GSR VTEC and really liked the look. Good luck.

• Member Contributer

Personally I think polished gets a bad rap. It is more maintenance, but if it's what you want that won't matter. A powercone in a cordless drill can make quick work of it. I would not though recommend it for a daily rider, particularly if ridden frequently in rain.

gallery_20057_5641_400178.jpg

• Member Contributer

Meh, polished lip is not too bad on a daily rider. They are not as shiny as Cogswell's on a daily basis, but they don't look bad. I did it myself and it was a HUGE pain in the ass. I'd never do it again, but they look great.

Black Vinyl Lower 2

Black Vinyl Lower 1

I went the lazy route and just traded bikes to get polished lip. Never touch them except to wash and it's been over ten years. If I could change them, I would make the black centers a different color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I did the polished lips on my VTR and loved the look. Maintenance was a little more than I like, but not as much as it would be with something like white wheels.

gallery_1859_551_30749.jpg

That was a good lookin' SH there Ken. Always loved the black/ red and it did look nice with the polished wheels.

I think I've got one lined up from keef.

-PRB

Today is Friday. I'll post it tomorrow - the post office is open on Saturday down here.

You know that you can buy red duct tape right?

On a more serious note...the dubious off shore full set is $230. Maybe the nose wouldn't be too far off on fitment.

Archived