It Hurts...

I low sided her.

During lunch break I ran to the corner store and on my way back I lost the rear tire due to gravel.

Injury wise I have a sprained wrist and fist sized road rash on my knees, my jacket kept my torso from harm.

Bike wise.....I have no idea it is dark and I do not want to look at her....though I will post pics later

• Member Contributer

Sorry for your off... glad your reasonably unharmed.

Bikes can be fixed relatively easily, people not so much... have a beer now and take a look at her in the light of morning :beer:

• Member Contributer

Ice everything that hurts now and take some motrin. Bike will be fine I'm sure. Bummer for sure but welcome to the those that been down club.

• Member Contributer

Any crash you walk away from and subsequently can write about is a good crash.

Roadrash suggest normal pants....

Well, if you can do the time... :-)

• Member Contributer

Here's to a speedy recovery for you and the bike. Been there myself so I know it takes awhile to regain your confidence.

• Member Contributer

Condolences. Best to view it as a new notch on your experience belt. Always something to be learned from every negative event.

Heal fast. Ride safe.

Here she is....in all her former glory...

post-32138-0-01111400-1429835155.jpg

post-32138-0-78446200-1429835164.jpg

Mechanically she runs though the Rad is busted and she sprays coolant like Niagara falls

When she rode herself up the curb the plastics exploded saving her from more damage though there is nothing left to save.

Headlights work though there is no glass so that is bin materiel

post-32138-0-27796000-1429835151.jpg

The seat followed me when i bailed...which is odd but is has been giving me problems of not latching every know and then

post-32138-0-40608000-1429835160.jpg

O the good side I can now run her naked like i like.

• Member Contributer

Are you making an insurance claim? They will likely total it...

On the up side, If you ever had any other plans for her... now you can build her anyway you like :)

• Member Contributer

Man that sucks, but very glad you walked away! On the bright side, if you rebuild you can replace those condom mirrors...lol. on a side note mr red head still has the condom mirrors.

• Member Contributer

sorry to hear about the misfortune :sad: Let me know if you need anything to get her back together, I probably have everything you need...in fact I just bought a left upper & mid this morning...full tail section last week, and lots more in storage. I have a problem..... even a headlight & Seat. Glad your not to tore up!

• Member Contributer

Chief, the very best note is you are okay. I'd like to second Switch's comment. Get back on when things are repaired. You ingested both pills from which there is no return: :biggrin: You ride not only a motorcycle, but a VFR. Those are permanently imprinted on you and unforgettable. :-) Best to you and wishes for a very speedy recovery.

Dave.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to see that - what a bummer. Good that you'll be ok - that's the main thing. Someone's going to want that right side mid-fairing so selling it should help offset some of the costs.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to see that - what a bummer. Good that you'll be ok - that's the main thing. Someone's going to want that right side mid-fairing so selling it should help offset some of the costs.

I would be interested in the right mid fairing! Let me know if you want to sell it.

Thanks,

Mike

• Member Contributer

We've all been down (I even remember the date - May 12, 2007- I totaled my Yamaha FZ1). You're okay and that's what matters. I walked away as well.

I don't know where in Texas you are, but I'm in Irving. If you're in the metroplex and need a hand, let me know. I've got lots of tools.

• Member Contributer

When I hit my second deer, I asked the insurance adjuster if he would value my bike at $20 below totaled. I explained I could buy used parts and rebuild on the cheap. He agreed and said he did not like totaling mc s. So I've got a parts bike; plan to merge it with my busted Y2K. If you have coverage (my coverage was comprehensive; no collision) talk to your adjuster. Can't hurt.

Paint n plastics ...sorta easy come..easy go ...hards parts ..same, but knees, bone and skin...not so easy eh!!! heal well, take time to think thro; all your options, best of luck Chief...and try the ATGATT ..

Archived