Don't Cry For Me Argentina Spoiler

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

Grasshopper, you need to learn patience.

Learn that living is better than loosing it all.

Pay hommage to The Doctor.....

Rossi!!!!!!

Yes, Marquez showed a lack of maturity. He should have settled for second and the plentiful points. He was operated on by the Doctor, for sure. It was certainly great drama.

• Member Contributer

Rossi had to protect himself... Marquez is very aggressive when fighting for positions and will take you out.... he's done it to several riders. Rossi made the pass and Marquez started attacking and tried to bang back through... you can see Rossi look back and spot Marquez's bike and chop his nose off with a quick flick

• Member Contributer

Post race interview with Cal who took 3rd

"I would like to thank the people that wrote me off...."

:-)

After taking the flag he already "signalled" with his arms...

Post race interview with Cal who took 3rd

"I would like to thank the people that wrote me off...."

:-)

After taking the flag he already "signalled" with his arms...

I gotta say I was one of them, I like cal, but I didn't think he was going to "gel" with the Honda. Glad they figured it out :)

• Member Contributer

That was freakin great! I haven't jumped like that since, well, I cant remember.

A couple rules come to mind. Protect your front wheel. MM needed to give way. You cant force the other rider to give way from the back wheel.

Second, dont crash...

Rossi had to protect himself... Marquez is very aggressive when fighting for positions and will take you out.... he's done it to several riders. Rossi made the pass and Marquez started attacking and tried to bang back through... you can see Rossi look back and spot Marquez's bike and chop his nose off with a quick flick

I didnt see it like that, Rossi just kept a clean line transitioning from a right hander to a left. I think the judges would have had a different result if they saw a sudden change of racing line, there was nothing intensional besides the fact that MM was way loose, so loose that he wasn't ready for the turn transition to the left.

• Member Contributer

Motorcycle racing, I have to say is in my blood, and over the years, certain riders have left their mark, Barry Sheene, Mike Hailwood, Agostini, John Surtees, Kenny Roberts, just to name a few, that I personally think they had something special to the rest of the Guys they they were competing with. But after watching the race today, there is only one that has that extra bit. 46 Valentino Rossi, is for sure the GOAT. Rossi is now 36 years of age, but his race craft, speed, hunger to win, and most of all his psychological power over his competitors, is for sure, No1. Valentino you are for sure No1, Marquez may have absolute speed, over any Motogp rider, but he certainly is not Valentino Rossi. :smile2:

• Member Contributer

That was freakin great! I haven't jumped like that since, well, I cant remember.

A couple rules come to mind. Protect your front wheel. MM needed to give way. You cant force the other rider to give way from the back wheel.

Second, dont crash...

I didnt see it like that, Rossi just kept a clean line transitioning from a right hander to a left. I think the judges would have had a different result if they saw a sudden change of racing line, there was nothing intensional besides the fact that MM was way loose, so loose that he wasn't ready for the turn transition to the left.

I agree, he didn't need to change his line and he didn't; totally legit racing, it was his line and he had earned it. Rossi knew what he did... he is way too experienced not to know what was going to happen. He knew exactly where MM was and he could have made a transition that left MM a few more inches of track... but why should he?

He knew when he flicked the bike hard from right to left Marquez had a good chance of going down... Marquez had a choice, back off a bit or go down... taught the pup a lesson.

• Member Contributer

This could be Dovizioso's year. He's been on the podium in every race so far and he's only behind Rossi by six points. At Qatar, he was behind Rossi (the winner) by a mere .174 seconds. The Ducatis look like they're running particularly strong. Iannone's only been on the podium once but he's finished in the top 5 in all three races. He's also in third place in the points race.

• Member Contributer

I was also very impressed and happy to see Suzuki and Asparago, (?), on the front of the grid and tossing it around with the leaders at the beggining. It is great for the sport.

• Member Contributer

3 different manufacturers on the podium too... all good for sport.

• Member Contributer

Well nobody likes going to the Doctor, but now we know what happens when the Doctor comes to you! I was really hoping we would see a last lap battle between MM and VR, but I'm happy with the outcome none the less. Seems like all 3 reigning champions are not doing well this year.

I wonder why it was a Maradona 10 and not a Messi 10 ? Don't look for the Ducs down the stretch. With each good result, they take away another advantage. Soon, the will have to comply with the actual rules.

It's funny...i wrote in this very space a few years ago: "Crutchlow has a lot of talent, but if he goes to Ducati, it will ruin his career"

• Member Contributer

That was an awesome race,watching VR come back from 8th as his tires came in. He started slower and methodically picked off riders on his march to the front, Hell, he was still 4.2 sec adrift of MM when he got past Dov. and he just ran down MM and the kid had trashed his tires by then. He should've just settled for 2nd, but MM doesn't know anything but fighting for the win and every position. It was a shame to have him crash, but the win was AWESOME for ROSSI. The Dr put on a class today and it's going to be a great year!!!!

• Member Contributer

I'm rather new to this racing stuff but I would've expected people here to be rooting for a Honda to win. But I don't know the history of this racing. It's just a thought I had after seeing some of the race & reading the thread.

• Member Contributer

I'm rather new to this racing stuff but I would've expected people here to be rooting for a Honda to win. But I don't know the history of this racing. It's just a thought I had after seeing some of the race & reading the thread.

Honda got on the podium with Crutchlow in third with a beautifully timed, clean, last turn pass... I always pull for Honda V4s but also give credit where credit is due... MM picked the wrong tires, paid the price and wasn't disciplined enough to take the points for second. It's a long season and that decision could come back to haunt him in the points.

• Member Contributer

Mark Marquez, is very fast, we all know that, but he needs to learn when to except 2nd place, he throw 20 points away, and he needs to start showing some respect to his competitors, all he had to do was tuck in behind Rossi until he had a opportunity to pass. But Marquez new his rear tyre was shot. His do or die moves to win at any cost, bit him in the arse big time. He needs to learn from Rossi.

Marquez is not going to have it all his own way in 2015, like he did at the start of the 2014 season, its not just Rossi, there's Lorenzo, and Dovi on the Ducati is a big threat. Marquez is going to have to learn when to except 2nd or 3rd place in 2015, otherwise he will start crashing like he did at the end of the 2014 season, when he was under pressure from Rossi and Lorenzo.

• Member Contributer

Honda got on the podium with Crutchlow in third with a beautifully timed, clean, last turn pass... I always pull for Honda V4s but also give credit where credit is due... MM picked the wrong tires, paid the price and wasn't disciplined enough to take the points for second. It's a long season and that decision could come back to haunt him in the points.

That's the race in a nutshell. Marquez still wins the championship for the third straight year...

• Member Contributer

That's the race in a nutshell. Marquez still wins the championship for the third straight year...

+1 ...

• Member Contributer

MM didnot pick the wrong tires, practice showed that he could NOT run the extra hard rear and achieve competitive laps.

So it was a strategic decision to fit the hard, get out of Dogde fast and hope it would be enough....

In practise, Rossi could run competitive laps on the extra hard; that is skill (of Rossi and his team to setup his bike accordingly).

Rossi got a bump in the opening, pushing him wide and loosing places.

I am going to find a tasteful Rossi decal and put it on my redslut

GO ROSSI!!!! :wheel::wheel::wheel:

• Member Contributer

I am going to find a tasteful Rossi decal and put it on my redslut

GO ROSSI!!!! :wheel::wheel::wheel:

I can't choose just one. These are on my cage:

15719554371_f3e8a4f78c_z_d.jpg

This one is below the license plate on my 6th Gen:

41190_5917296.jpg

Archived