Waterproof Overgloves?

WGREGT

I had my raingear out checking it over a bit ago, and thought I had some waterproof overgloves with it, but it seems they are gone. I know we only get 6 days of rain here in SoCal (and I sit those days out and drive the car), but I've started looking around to replace them. You know, just in case. We got caught in an all-day rain last year on the CA coastal group ride, and I'm planning ahead.

I did the requisite Yahoo! search (I don't Google) and the only thing I really saw were some from New Zealand that were apparently made by elfin trolls with spun gold b/c they were $75. I'm looking for something simple and waterproof that I can wear over my regular gloves as I'd still like to keep the hand protection therein. I bet my last ones didn't cost $25, if that. They were technically "overmittens" I suppose. The thumb was separate and the other 4 fingers grouped together.

Anyhow...any of youse that live and ride where it rains have any you like and can recommend?

• Member Contributer

Triple-digit gloves from Aerostich. $47, and like everything they make, they're top quality. And they pack small.

I have something called Rain Off, it's made of soft material and is excellent at wiping water away from helmet shield.

http://www.rain-off.com/

That being said, I just carry an extra pair of gloves (sometimes it rains for whole month in the summer), and just accept my hands will get wet.

Rain cover & waterproof gloves, water will eventually seep into your hands.

• Member Contributer

I haven't tried it myself - but I talked with a guy once while fueling up that had bought XXL rubber kitchen gloves used in restaurants that fit over his riding gloves. It was more or less for use 'in case of emergency', but it seemed to work for him. I suppose a downside would be that they would trap sweat inside the gloves so after enough time they would get soggy anyway.

• Member Contributer

I have a pair of Belstaff wax cotton overgloves which are easy to reproof and only let a few drops in when it is torrential rain. Unfortunately I can't find any on th'interweb but found these. Not sure about postage to USA but they're light so shouldn't be too bad.

Or these from Spada.

• Member Contributer

For when the rains do get torrential (and I donot pull over) I have my mountaineering over gloves...

post-8974-0-47614500-1427532007.jpg

• Member Contributer

My rain solution for gloves comes from a janitorial supply store and just cost a few bucks. About ten years ago, I was rummaging around the supply closet at work looking for who knows what and stumbled across a big box of industrial strength rubber gloves. They are made for handling caustic materials and are MUCH thicker that the typical "blue" gloves and they come a good 8" up my forearm.. I decided to put them over my regular race style gauntlet gloves I normally use when I ride. They are perfect, last forever, they're super cheap, they still offer the highest level of protection of my regular gloves, and they are 100% WATERPROOF. --- about $6 at your local janitorial supply shop.

• Member Contributer

I've had the Aerostitch Triple Digit over gloves for years. They seem to work, but I usually don't stop to gear up. When I do, sleeves should be over the gloves to prevent run off from sleeves going into gloves!

I had these and they worked wonderfully. They would still be in my saddlebag, but I just had to give then to Olive as she was getting drenched on her ride across the USA.

003-12.jpg

• Member Contributer

I had these and they worked wonderfully. They would still be in my saddlebag, but I just had to give then to Olive as she was getting drenched on her ride across the USA.

003-12.jpg

Heerde is close to Zwolle and Kalsbeek is in Zwolle....

https://www.kalsbeekmotoren.nl/kleding/regenkleding-12/overhandschoenen/revit-treo-h2o

:cool:

Where'd you get 'em, Tim? US distributor maybe? I can't find them online.

• Member Contributer

Good. I'll pop in and try some on....

When you do come over, the 1st couple of beers are on me :beer:

• Member Contributer

Good. I'll pop in and try some on....

You'll get wet on the ride over but at least your hands will be dry riding back home. :laugh:

I have a pair (older) of the Alpinestars ST-1 Drystar gloves. They keep you dry and have an insulated layer and outer layer (no protection though). They've worked well unless you have to ride in all day rain, in which case they eventually get wet, too.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/alpinestars-st-1-drystar-gloves

• Member Contributer

Held also makes waterproof overgloves similar to the Rev'it ones pictured. Prices don't look too bad ($38 on Revzilla), but you can probably do better elsewhere on the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Where'd you get 'em, Tim? US distributor maybe? I can't find them online.

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/rain-glove-covers

Held also makes waterproof overgloves similar to the Rev'it ones pictured. Prices don't look too bad ($38 on Revzilla), but you can probably do better elsewhere on the price.

Huh? I'm all over Revzilla and don't see them at all.

• Member Contributer

Not really what then OP is asking but I keep a pair of nitrile gloves in my tank bag and slip them on under my protective gloves if I'm caught stuck in a storm... skin will eventually get soggy with sweat but hands don't get cold. Bonus is when the rain stops and I ride the gloves dry they are perfectly form fitted to my hands :)

Archived