Suffering Off-Season Bug? Worldsbk Starts At Phillip Island This Weekend!‏

Baileyrock

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

What a way to kick off the motorsport season! Both of those races were epic.

Love me some WSBK.

Both races were sweet. However, I remember last year's race starting in a similar manor of enthusiasm. I'm expecting it to settle down a notch or two by the next 2 races. But even then it will still be exciting. When was the last time 6 people were in range of 1st place for a chunk of the race in MotoGP?

• Member Contributer

Looks very fast !!!

Keep us updated please .

Well, that was an interesting opening to the season.

What did you decide for access? I'm going with the month-month wsbk & gp subscription to try it out and see if the full season price is worth it.

Video quality is pretty good. Just need to remember to change the stream quality setting at the bottom, as it was defaulting to low quality. I only had it stop once between SP, R1, and R2, and it was only a 2 second stop before it resumed. You have a quick link to start watching the race live. They give you the race time by your local and race location, and the days, in a very neat way. Searching for videos isn't nearly as well done as the MotoGP site though. And when you do search for a video, ignore the time length statement in the corner.

Is it worth it? If you like WSBK, then yes. I'm happy I got it so far. I think WSBK will have a lot more racing action than MotoGP too, since it seems to have evolved into World British Superbike, with a couple Spaniards and a Dutchman.

What happened ????????

• Member Contributer

Superpole Spoiler for Switchblade.

Nothing special really. Chaz set a good qualifier time, but it was disqualified since the red flag came out before he finished his lap from Salom's bad crash. But then they just ended the SP session with 4 minute left. Probably due to the time it would take to clear the accident and get Salom to the med center.

I do miss the old qualifying method. Race tires only. 30 minutes to put in your fastest time. It's now pretty boring with everyone pretty much putting their qualifying tire on, going for 1 lap, and calling it a day. :schla15:

• Member Contributer

I did the WSBK video also, missed the last few seasons, what a great pair of races!

Love me some WSBK.

When was the last time 6 people were in range of 1st place for a chunk of the race in MotoGP?

Precisely why I watch WSBK but could care less about GP. Plus there's something nice about seeing bikes I could actually buy -- same reason I watch sports car racing but not F1.

Good thread already rock'en and couldn't agree more!

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80314-suffering-off-season-bug-worldsbk-starts-at-phillip-island-this-weekend%e2%80%8f/

topics merged!

Love me some WSBK.

When was the last time 6 people were in range of 1st place for a chunk of the race in MotoGP?

Precisely why I watch WSBK but could care less about GP. Plus there's something nice about seeing bikes I could actually buy -- same reason I watch sports car racing but not F1.

Actually there were some really good GP races last year!

Those races were definitely worth the entrance cost for the monthly subscription... I'm guessing I'll go ahead and pop for the year now, as that was simply fantastic.

• Member Contributer

Come on Honda ...

With Rea off the Honda, I'm going to feel pretty bad if the Honda starts getting to the front all the time. All those years of loyalty, and they don't get the bike consistently competetive until he leaves. Then again, if he wasn't fully satisfied with the setup and still rode like that...

• Member Contributer

I fell prey to the MC gods and succumbed to paying the fee! I took the year subscription. Awesome racing. I regret NOTHING!

• Member Contributer

Come on Honda ...

With Rea off the Honda, I'm going to feel pretty bad if the Honda starts getting to the front all the time. All those years of loyalty, and they don't get the bike consistently competetive until he leaves. Then again, if he wasn't fully satisfied with the setup and still rode like that...

Good point .

• Member Contributer

Let's see what Michael brings this year.

Been a looooooong time since we saw a Dutchman on the world stage....

• Member Contributer

Let's see what Michael brings this year.

Been a looooooong time since we saw a Dutchman on the world stage....

There was this one Dutchman that rode the "WORLD FAMOUS DRAGON" with one hard bag attach .

• Member Contributer

post-8974-0-28490000-1425546232.jpg

Stuffed with water bottles to ensure his fellow riders didnot dehydrate!

post-8974-0-30020100-1425546231.jpg

Archived