Sumsum <3 Official Registration Page

didit

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

What is the thursday route plans/// Not sure we are doing a car museum yet.

No real "set plans" this time round. We'll offer up some area route suggestions and let everyone decide who, where and how fast they want to go.

I'm up in the air for Thursday, but will be looking at shorter routes so as to be back in time to ensure the evening is organized. Maybe a rip up the Black Canyon?

• Member Contributer

I'm thinking Erin (Dragonfly) and I will probably do the car museum in Gateway on Wednesday. One attending for sure, she might take a day off the bike and leave me to run solo for the day. Didn't do the museum in 2012...

• Member Contributer

All good, I'll call them next week and book us in.

Just over 2 weeks. Biting with anticipation. Oil change next weekend. Already started layout out the packing.

Gotta print a few things, ship a few things and finalize a few things.

• Member Contributer

Saw this while I was looking over different route options

If you go to Google Earth, drop the little 'street view' man icon at the intersection of US50 (E Main) and N Hillcrest Drive, there is a VFR turning left.

Rather suiting to host a VFR meet, where even Google Earth is spotting VFR's. Too bad we can't have a sign posted, similar to those proclaiming deer in the area.

VFR In Montrose, CO

• Member Contributer

^^^^ There would be a lot of those sighs around Deals Gap. And a pic of Switchblade would be on the sign.

• Member Contributer

Booked the Auto Museum for Wed, with a possible "second visit" on Thursday for any attendees looking at doing different routes on the two days.

Mapped up some route options as suggestions, but leaving it up to the volunteer leaders who know the area to guide us to glorious roads.

Received a last minute (days really) offer from another, well known sponsor. Who? You'll have to be there to find out.

Getting ready to print off the materials and ship it all down.

Went to the bank today for some US funds, F@CKING OUCH! 1.337 exchange rate. Canadian dollar now worth(less) at .64¢

Oh well, its' all worth it. Been saving up my pennies and counting down the days. Just under 9 left before we start our quest for Montrose!

Just a note for everyone, we'll probably move all "as the event happens" posts back to the official sumsum <3 page.

Can have everyone chime in on arrivals, route progress and posting pics for all to see.

• Member Contributer

^^^^ There would be a lot of those sighs around Deals Gap. And a pic of Switchblade would be on the sign.

:goofy: I sure am missing the old Dragon right now been gone for almost a month on SS security detail .

• Member Contributer

:goofy: I sure am missing the old Dragon right now been gone for almost a month on SS security detail .

And I am quite sure the Dragon misses you.

• Member Contributer

Well unfortunately I'm out. I can't go. My work just announced a week long shut down in September. I'm constrained by pto concerns.

:ohmy: :sad2:

• Member Contributer

Who's going to lead the Black Canyon run? Sorry you won't be there, was looking forward to seeing you.

Well unfortunately I'm out. I can't go. My work just announced a week long shut down in September. I'm constrained by pto concerns.

This sucks! Please lodge a formal complaint, on my behalf, with your employer. Feel free to pass along my phone number if they wish to speak with me about this matter in person.

I am sure that beer was arranged based on the number of expected guests. Can I ask you to deed your allotted portion of beer to me?

• Member Contributer

So sorry to hear HS. Don't know what to say, other than . . . . . sucks. You'll be missed.

As for beer alottment, we'll be looking for some serious indulgers to fill in. They'll be plenty for all.

If you can sneak away for a day, we'll have room in the room to put you up for a night or thrice.

• Member Contributer

How many kegs?

As many as we need.

Didit doesn't run a half-assed meet. This will be spectacular!!!

+10

Archived