Sumsum <3 Official Registration Page

didit

Do you donkeys know how hard it was to get that video from my phone to YouTube to vfrd whilst sitting in a Ford Explorer police package on the scene of a stabbing?

As long as you were not in the back seat, its all good.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Booked the room. The plan right now is for both me and my wife (Jeanne) to attend. She wants to see these two guys from Canada again (didit and cvvfr). They were such gentlemen when they stayed at our house last summer.

Looking forward to the meet! The tri-fecta!

Thanks Tony for all the hard work!

Mark

• Member Contributer

Hey Mark, great to see you are coming. It'll be a belated Bday present for you for sure.

You guys were such generous hosts! The food, the company, the beer, the guest superhero appearance, memories like these you just can't buy.

Only 143 more days!

• Member Contributer

I am building in a Iron Butt ride on my way out there. Should be hilarious at best, if not tragic.

Let's hope for hilarious. Some of us donkeys have a ways to go too:

7c8a6c169972661f1d57e847f4853ad9.jpg

• Member Contributer

I am building in a Iron Butt ride on my way out there. Should be hilarious at best, if not tragic.

34 hours / 2200 miles. Ya I'd say that'll be a distance. Brings back memories of the '76 movie Gum Ball Ralley

Gum ball ralley rider

• Member Contributer

That's the plan for most.

I'm trying to route myself there late Sunday/ early Monday, so as time to take care of final onsite arrangements

Tues, it's always a blast to watch the bikes roll in & welcome those who've come such a far, far away.

• Member Contributer

34 hours / 2200 miles. Ya I'd say that'll be a distance. Brings back memories of the '76 movie Gum Ball Ralley

If memory serves, spending some time in a tall pine tree is also part of the journey!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I know TMAC is all the rage right now, but just a bump for those sitting on the fence or button,

LESS THAN 4 MONTHS TO SUMSUM!

If you are committed, please head on over to the registration link. If you are considering, please head on over to the registration link.

If you are not able to attend, please head on over to the bar and have a drink.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

VcFR and myself are registered and all arrangements are made. Not too far off now. Be great to see some folks that we have not seen in a while and put faces to other forum members.

• Member Contributer

I'm in.

Then I must figure out a way to join you for the ride out...anyone else from the Southeast want to tag along?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

OK, now that TMac has passed, it's time to start thinking SUMSUM!

Secured a few more sponsors, Like Gary at Electric-Avenues, the creator and producer of the Ampli-Rider

Morgan at Highland Cycles is very interested and may set up a service tent at the hotel.

Looking for a contact from Plexus to perhaps supply us with a load of cleaner?!

I'll be looking for swag & prize donations in the coming months, with most arrangements to have things shipped directly to the hotel, the week before the event.

Food menu is all set with a BONUS this year. Arranging for a Smokie stand to be at the hotel Wednesday, late afternoon.

Two more 'surprise' features added to the itinerary. Two new event ideas for while you're there (info coming later in June).

I've been budgeting for at least 50 attendees. I'll be looking to close registration on or around July 15th to allow for all the shirt & swag orders to be filled.

Funny enough, only 69 more sleeps till we leave to get there. So only 75 days, 6 hours and 17 minutes from now!

Oh, and looking into a sponsor from Franzia. Just to make sure we have enough Sangria on tap

• Forum CEO

I cant sign up till I have the PTO approved, cant get PTO approved so early due to my employer policy. I will sign up when I officially get my PTO approved. I am sure I will have the time off just cant guarantee it yet.

• Member Contributer

I just signed up on the registration page! And ordered new tires today, to boot.

Gotcha - added to the main list. Looking forward to hosting you!

• Member Contributer

Hi Tony,

Just registered but again I can't be there the first day, so I'll be coming in Wednesday afternoon from Albuquerque. Save a cold one for me like you did last time-it was MUCH appreciated, Sir.

Tim

• Member Contributer

Tim, you better believe I'll have a cold one waiting for you! Looking forward to seeing you there again!

Kevin, ya let me get on that for ya.

• Member Contributer

67 Days Until SUMSUM! That's like 2 months. Which kind of means less than 40 days till registration closes.

Tic Toc . .

• Member Contributer

If any of you folks are on the fence about attending this, sign up. DIDIT and all his help do a GREAT job on a nice relaxing meet.

+1

• Member Contributer

Just added info to the main page, registrations will close on July 20th.

Still really shy of the budget for 50, but will have a great time no matter.

I've contacted a company in Salida, which is around 140 mile ride (one way). It's a zip line and adventure park.

Wondering if anyone would have interest in this activity? We get a small discount if 10 people are booked on one credit card.

I'd be happy to take care of that part, if I have the commitment of people to go.

We'd leave nice and early Wed AM to get there for the 10AM start time. The head quaters (house) in town offers us a dedicated, secure room to store gear.

Still need to check out where we could park the bikes (looking for a same, secure location).

Would put us back to Montrose around 3-4. Apparently, there is a place in town that claims the "worlds best home made root beer" and lunches too.

Here's the link http://www.captainzipline.com/

Any comments of experience are welcome, as are a consensus on who would be interested.

Archived