Sumsum <3 Official Registration Page

didit

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

That's what I would have thought. Oh well, it'll be twice the fun for everyone.

Those who said Yes but didn't will wish they had.

I called and cancelled Franzia wine as a sponsor. Too bad as they were going to send 3 boxes of Sangria.

Darn! I like my sangria! May just have to make some. ....

• Member Contributer

Did they state what their tire mount & install fee is?

Not that I can recall from multiple chats with them.

Best I could suggest is call & ask. I'll send an email and see what I can find out to update the thread.

• Member Contributer

Well guys I hate to say this but I'm not going to make it this year. My brother has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and his prognosis is a couple of months. I don't want to be in Colorado if something happens.

I got a king mini suite booked at the Red Arrow, so if anybody needs a room, pm me and I'll see if we can transfer reservation before I cancel it.

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear this Ron. Family is priority 1 and it's an in person kind of thing.

• Member Contributer

Condolences Ron. Best wishes for your brother. Good bros can be hard to find.

• Member Contributer

I called Highland Cycles today for a quote on Michelin PR2 tires and informed them the VFR is a SSSA and the rear wheel is easy to remove. The owner said they would lower the rear install $10 from $50 to $40. I assume that only applies to VFRs.

I may be ordering tires because I'm at 6300 miles now on PR2 tires.

• Member Contributer

I'm sure with everyone there, if "one" were to remove the wheels for install that it would make it easier for everyone.

The facilities at the hotel are very good and there will be cages available for transport.

The guys at Highland have been so helpful in prep, that I wouldn't be surprised if they offered a pick up / drop off.

• Member Contributer

Ron its best to be with family at this time.

As for the room its prob best to let others on there have a crack at ti. As im sure you can hold it till a few days before.

• Member Contributer

VFRD crew,

I really wanted to make SUM SUM 3 to see again all the great people that are a part of it.

But I'm going to have to cancel. My dads health is not good. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 years ago he’s has been doing pretty good until this last February. But now in the last couple weeks he’s going downhill and I’m guessing he might make it until the end of the year. With the limited vacation time I have I need to get back Illinois to see him and help my mom as much as I can. This cancer thing sucks!

You all have a safe and fun ride.

Mark

• Member Contributer

VFRD crew,

I really wanted to make SUM SUM 3 to see again all the great people that are a part of it.

But I'm going to have to cancel. My dads health is not good. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 years ago he’s has been doing pretty good until this last February. But now in the last couple weeks he’s going downhill and I’m guessing he might make it until the end of the year. With the limited vacation time I have I need to get back Illinois to see him and help my mom as much as I can. This cancer thing sucks!

You all have a safe and fun ride.

Mark

You will never regret spending more time with your family. Best to you and your father.

E-Ticket and Flying Ant are out for this summer. :^(

My son is getting divorced and we need to stay local to support and help him move.

Everyone be safe and have too much fun.
And we'll catch you another time on down the road.

At some intersection ... in the middle of BFE.

Cheers. - RandyB/SusanP

• Member Contributer

Very sorry to hear that E-T and FA. Family comes first. Good luck.

• Member Contributer

E-Ticket and Flying Ant are out for this summer. :^(

My son is getting divorced and we need to stay local to support and help him move.

Everyone be safe and have too much fun.

And we'll catch you another time on down the road.

At some intersection ... in the middle of BFE.

Cheers. - RandyB/SusanP

Sorry to hear, Randy, best of luck with everything. I'll definitely miss your question/answer period at the end of each day, "Highlight? Lowlight? What did you learn today?". Hopefully I can catch up at the next PNW meet!

Cheers,

Spencer

Spencer ... you just put a big smile on my face. :^)

And FWIW, it's: "what did you learn today, a lowlight, and a highlight (can be more than one)."

'Cause you always want the quizee to finish with a great memory and a smile.

Sounds good, boss -- we'll catch you at the next ride somewhere.

Cheers! - rb

• Member Contributer

For anyone planning on heading to the Gateway Auto Museum

http://www.gatewayautomuseum.com/

https://goo.gl/maps/iOT0N

1954-Oldmobile-F-88-Concept-02.jpg

there is an episode of "Car Crazy" on Velocity Channel profiling it. Interviewed is John Hendricks, museum founder and also founder of Discovery Channel and Velocity.

I have not searched for that episode on line but just saw it on Velocity. The episode name is "The Most Curious Car Guy". It's a fabulous museum with lots of other things to see - well worth the time.

Also, there is an episode of "Dangerous Drives" - Million Dollar Highway on Hulu profiling US 550 for those headed for Durango.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/118386

• Member Contributer

I'll be doing the 141 on the Wed, with a planned stop at the Gateway.

If we get more than 10, entry is only $8 with advance notice, plus they'll save us a designated parking area for all the bikes.

I've ridden past this place twice so I figured now is the time to smell the roses.

We'll be sure to be back to the hotel by at least 3 or so. A quick refresh in the pool and then one of the many new surprises happens.

Too bad Bailey's not coming. What will he do for the next TMac if he's not learning from SumSum! :cool:

• Member Contributer

I'll be doing the 141 on the Wed, with a planned stop at the Gateway.

If we get more than 10, entry is only $8 with advance notice, plus they'll save us a designated parking area for all the bikes.

I've ridden past this place twice so I figured now is the time to smell the roses.

We'll be sure to be back to the hotel by at least 3 or so. A quick refresh in the pool and then one of the many new surprises happens.

Too bad Bailey's not coming. What will he do for the next TMac if he's not learning from SumSum! :cool:

I'm in . . . just need 9 more. (Museum hours are 10:00 to 5:00).

• Member Contributer

What is the thursday route plans/// Not sure we are doing a car museum yet.

Archived