Vfr 10 Mph

Georgehill

Dude this is the third thread you've started up with this same problem. I understand it must be frustrating but it would be better to just make a new entry in the original thread, that will push it up the list and make it more visible to posible viewers who may know what you should look at. At any rate, when making an enquiry regarding any particular type of mechanical failure on any fórum, it would be essential to mention any work carried out on the bike prior to the failure raising its head... and from the other threads and the private message you sent me and other members, I know you swapped the head gaskets for new ones so a lot of elements have been played around with that might influence this phenomenon.

Have you tried the troubleshooting protocol that the service manual provides??

We have no idea of your proviciency at motorcycle mechanics, your background, the bike's background, etc etc... we have very little to go on.

• Member Contributer

Does it rev in gear ? or just full throttle in gear, but no revs ?

If it revs in gear your front sprocket has NO teeth, so chain slips, should make a horrible noise.

If it does NOT rev in gear, then it is either NOT getting fuel or air. For air lift tank & check airbox, a few people have had mice nests in the top half of the airbox, the down side to EFi is no smell of petrol to put them off. Remove air filter & check that full throttle opens the throttle butterflies fully, if not adjust/replace throttle cables/linkage.

If airbox is clear & throttle is opening fully, then its will be lack of fuel. Check all 4 header pipes get hot, if not then likely have jammed injectors, if yes then Check fuel supply system.

Has the bike been stood for a long time ?

• Member Contributer

I'm guessing you're stuck in an extreme gravity well, are you located near a pulsar or dwarf star?

Thanks Cap ,just sprayed sweet tea all over the place......

Still not running? Oh jeeze I'm getting these posts all mixed up. You the guy that did the valve inspection and it didn't run because the timing was off 180*?? My guess is that it's still way off...

hello i have posted a couple of times my vfr 800 fi runs and rides fine now just doesnt idle ihave adjusted throttle cleaned sensors and plugs anyone no anything else i run a error code check no codes wierd

hello my vfr 1998 interceptor runs starts up revs up fine but when put into gear and move it pulls off fine but wont go over 10 mph even on full throttle just seems like it has no balls when in gear

What did you do to the bike in those three days that it goes from a bad idle but otherwise rideable bike to one that iddles fine but can't go over 10mph?

Archived